Heroes, Season III (thar be spoilers here!)

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 pm

This reminds me of a conversation I once had with my friends. One guy was saying he couldn't stand a particular movie, because of the bad acting. I realized that I am immune to bad acting. I'll notice if it is really bad, or if a scene reminds me of something from my intro to acting class. But overall, who cares?

Now, I can add something else to my list. I am also immune to bad writing. I can tell if a punchline could have been funnier. And I guess (judging by my crazy theories I've previously posted.) I can see other directions they could have gone with the writing, but, to me, who cares?

I don't usually imagine characters as actors, so maybe that's my "problem."

What I notice is plot holes. --Not the plot holes of "you aren't supposed to know what happens here" or "You are supposed to fill in this blank with obvious stuff." I'm not immune to those.

It seems people have too high expectations, so that's why many are disappointed in this season. Me? I was just worried it would turn out to become like Smallville. So when it turned out it didn't, I was happy.

Anyway, back to the topic:

I really like this season. The only episode I didn't really like was last weeks. Well, I liked that they explained stuff, but to me it seemed like its title could have been "What about Bob?" or something. Every storyline, he had something to do with it except for with the twins. Oh, and Nikki's new personality? No thanks.

This episode was much better, though.

So we get confirmation that Adam was the killer. (Of all of them, I never thought it would be you... Because we had you locked up! ) (I will destroy everything that gives you happiness, Hiro. Including your father. But not until you finally get along. Bwahaha! )

Oh, and it was Bob that suggested Nightmare Man was killing his generation of Heroes. But Bob also said he was just a tool of Adam.

Matt turns into his father: This can't be good!!! Help!!!

Mohinder: He was this wishy-washy since the beginning. Can never decide whither to follow his father or not, whither to sound like a lunatic or scoff at the lunatics. Kill people, or no? Cure abilities or no? You just never can tell with him.

Elle: Short-circuited at last! Maybe Bennett should have kept her in water.

(note: I wanted to say, "How can you like Elle, but not Bennett when they are both self-serving morons with no morals? They are exactly the same!" But then I realized that would ruin my own argument that I like Bennett and not Elle. Oh, well.)

Bennett: Actually, what I was thinking when he suddenly got an urge to chit-chat with his new flying buddy, I was thinking "Awww! He wants to get to know his daughters boyfriend before he dies!" They're guys: It was his way of saying "sorry"

Also, I really liked that he admitted to his wife: "Claire was right. It really is all about me."

Who woulda guessed? He's BACK! He was just mostly dead. Makes me wonder, how long after death will the blood have no effect? They must have had Claire's blood immediately on hand. Otherwise, this sequence isn't very believable for me. But I like it all the same. And he really is Claire's father. Now the next episode will start out: "Golly! I was dead!" :)
A signature so short, it's
Slim

NWS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NWS » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Just to throw this out there, are we sure it was Claire's blood that healed Bennett?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:50 pm

I guess we can't be sure but it was highly suggested. The company had just taken her blood and then blood was shown going into his arm and then he woke up in a very company-like room. Do you have another idea as to how he would have healed?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:11 pm

I think it's cool that Claire's blood helped revive Mr. Bennet. Does this mean that he can regenerate now as well?

And I'm not impressed with Mohinder or Parkman. It'll be interesting to see how far down that road they go.
Not as I understand it, no. Truth is, Heroes is a ton of pseudo-science, so there's no certainty, but the body is continually using and recycling blood. Claire's blood should essentially wash through Noah's body within, at most, a week or so (I could be totally off), but I doubt he'll retain healing powers after that, if at all now that he's healed.
I guess it depends on where the writers want to go with it. It could just be a one time thing, and as you say, he won't retain any healing powers. But if the blood cells die and yet whatever triggers the regeneration remains, we'd have five immortals - Adam, Claire, Nathan (received blood from Adam), Mr. Bennet, and Peter. I don't like the thought of that occurring at all.
I don't know how (or if) the writers will ever explain it; but I do not think anyone who was temporary heal with regenerative blood will retain that ability. The reason why is because then the writers will have to bring in, at least a whole mess of people whom Adam must have healed to find out so confidently that his blood can heal other people.

This however is all speculative and if anyone is really looking for an answer to this, then they might just have to keep waiting since I have a feeling that this is one thing that will never be explained and will just have to be taken on faith, like countless other questions in countless other science-fiction series. :)

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:20 pm

Slim,

I just have to say that I like your statements up front since that is how I see stories as well, especially the line "I don't usually imagine characters as actors..."

NWS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NWS » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:31 pm

I guess we can't be sure but it was highly suggested. The company had just taken her blood and then blood was shown going into his arm and then he woke up in a very company-like room. Do you have another idea as to how he would have healed?
Because that which is highly suggested is actually likely on this show? Like it being highly suggested that the Nighmare Man killed Hiro's father?

The other obvious candidate for blood donor is Adam. We don't know enough of what Bennett knows about the company to know if he was aware of Adam's existence or if he was, to what extent he was informed. Adam would have a more believable interest in reanimating someone with a vendetta against the company than Bob.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:02 pm

GAH CLIFFHANGER

Peter is getting stupider and stupider.

I still love Hiro. And Ando.

Kelly will be glad about the Twins' storyline.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:28 pm

What the heck, Maya can speak English?

I have no idea how they are going to finish the storyline in one episode.

And I HATE subtitles. Don't show producers understand that I need to multitask?

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:47 pm

S'funny. I love the subtitles. I love that there's a show which recognises not everyone in the world is an Anglophone.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:52 pm

What the heck, Maya can speak English?
She was always the only twin that could speak English. It was the brother who never could.
And I HATE subtitles. Don't show producers understand that I need to multitask?
One of the main things my mom said she hates about the show and how the second season was worse because they had to introduce another character with subtitles. :)

Peter is getting stupider and stupider.
I don't think he is getting stupid. I just think Adam is good at persuading people, although I do not think it is a power. I think he has just lived 400+ years, so he has learned how to say the right things.

I have a hard time believing the trailer though, well I believe them that two heros will die; but just judging by the way the writers do things it might not be Hiro. It will probably be two people, who are not in trouble at the end of this episode. Then again I have been wrong in the past.

I really cannot wait for Kelly's post. :)

NWS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NWS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:24 am

I guess sometime the obvious solution is obvious. Oh well, Bennett teamed up with Adam probably would be too powerful a combination for anyone to stop.

That episode can only be described as "bad idea theater." Why have a rational thought when an emotional response that defies logic will get us where the writers want us to be?

I did like Adam's manipulation of the situation to get away with killing that woman right in front of Peter.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:28 am

Some of my friends think they know who one of the people who die is. They thought they saw something in the sneak peek for next week and rewound the DVR to double check. Supposedly someone is standing overtop of someone else after a fight and whoever is on the ground (and off camera) is either dead or knocked out.

Why they told me, who's only seen maybe three episodes of the show in my life, I have no clue.
The enemy's fly is down.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:28 pm

I generally like Peter but I too think that he is acting pretty stupid. He is trusting Adam way too much based on very little reason. Adam helped him escape from the company. That's all he has going for him. And since then he has done many things to make Peter doubt whether he is good or not, along with having heard the negative opinions of Adam from people that Peter SHOULD have more reason to trust. The ending really frustrated me. I was like, "Why don't you two TALK for a minute to explain each others situation before fighting??" Sigh...boys.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:25 pm

I was like, "Why don't you two TALK for a minute to explain each others situation before fighting??" Sigh...boys.
Yeah, it is not like either of them have to worry about time...well thanks to Hiro :)

If I was to predict one person who dies it will probably be Nikki/Jessica. I have no real proof; but it just seems to be a hunch.

And Kelly is staying unusually quite about this episode.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm

She's got more important things to think about what with a new boy in the picture. :wink:

I think Happy Kelly means we hear less from her. Bad for us, good for her.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:51 am

I think Parkman might be the one who goes down/ already went down. Remember Sylar is with Molly and Matt was nowhere to be seen. I am not really sure who else will die, but they are really made it a non-issue. With Adam or Claire's blood, someone could easily come back.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:21 pm

...but they are really made it a non-issue. With Adam or Claire's blood, someone could easily come back.
Of course, it could be Adam (or Claire) since they made it seem like they knew without a doubt that if you take off their head that they will die. Then again, wouldn't someone in the middle of an explosion have everything torn apart, head and all?

Unless, it just takes a very long time to regenerate and so will slow them down.

I wonder if they tested it (on some other "healer") and if they did why - if Adam really was feared - didn't they just do that instead of locking him up. The company does not really seem to regret killing people. Could they have wanted to keep is blood? Then why keep Sylar, have you noticed that they like to keep the villains alive as long as possible? Do you think it is on purpose or just the common trait in any good guy/bad guy story when the hero/villain plays with his nemesis, until they are released and foil the plan?

As for my first comment if it really is one of those two it would probably be Adam. I just mentioned Claire since she has the same ability.

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 pm

Questioning a bit of a plothole: Adam says, "If it was possible to kill me, they would have done so by now." This was based on the "fact" that Adam's ability would allow him to recover from "any" injury. We now know this to be quite counter to the truth, as in fact a senior member of the Company knew how to kill him, (I assume from studying his DNA/Ability, not trial and error), and so the question is, why did the Company leave him alive?

To experiment with his ability? That seems to be the only logical premise, but a the same time, the Company seems to be entirely petrified by their fear of Adam. Was this just a slip up by the writers, or is anyone else expecting this to come up again?
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:24 am

Finale sucked. Sure, the Nathan thing was a sudden shocker (kind of), but he won't die in the end. The VERY end, the beginning of Chapter 3.. ugh. Let. Sylar. Die. He was good for season 1, and he was actually kind of interesting to watch being all powerless for season 2, but for gods sakes writers, KILL HIM OFF AND USE THAT STRIKE-MONEY TO THINK UP A MORE INTERESTING, LESS FLAT CHARACTER THAT ISN'T JUST AN EVIL PETER!

wizzard
Soldier
Soldier
Title: if ever a wizz there was?
First Joined: 25 Jan 2003

Postby wizzard » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:51 am

I don't have time right now to write out a full thing on the finale, but I did like it overall. It felt rushed, but that's because it was rushed. Also, I love Sylar. He's probably the most interesting character in the show, just cause he's so psychotic, and I'm glad he has his powers back. And Mohinder can't do anything right. He shoots and almost kills Noah, another of my favorites, and when I thought Maya was finally dead, he brings her back to life.

"Morituri Nolumus Mori" -Rincewind

Don't feed the bezoar!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:08 am

Seriously Sylar is the threat again!? Just LET HIM DIE!

I don't trust any of the deaths (Niki, Nathan) that occurred in this episode. They don't seem to have the guts to actually kill someone. They brought back pretty much everyone from last season who "died" and they brought back Noah... the writers/creator just don't have the guts to let these characters go. If they did, I might believe them when they killed someone, but as it is, I trust that they will bring back any cast member who dies. This show needs to take a lesson from Joss Whedon and kill off main cast members so that you have no idea when someone dies whether they'll be back.

Hiro burying Adam was pretty cold, but still not enough. Someone will dig him up.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Nehali Sophia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nehali Sophia » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:30 pm

Does anyone else think that Nathan's assassin had a walk that resembles Peter's? There was a guy walking away from the crowd after Nathan was shot and to me, he swaggered like Peter does.
The wonder that keeps the stars apart

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:09 pm

Does anyone else think that Nathan's assassin had a walk that resembles Peter's? There was a guy walking away from the crowd after Nathan was shot and to me, he swaggered like Peter does.
Well I did not notice the walk; but seeing that it was someone with dark hair and obviously related to "the company" I am wondering if it was not his mother. She does have the personally to kill anyone that is getting too close, even her own kids. Sure, they made her seem like she was watching it on TV; but it could also be a TV in another room, on the Press site location. Although, it was probably just another person working with "the company" similar to the Haitian.

Of course, i is amazing how persuasive they [the writers] made Adam sound there were times, when I really wanted to trust him and felt myself secretly rooting for him. But I have a feeling some of that personality may change, whenever he gets let out since he has been locked away in a tomb that will cause even the sanest person to go crazy, so he will probably become psychotic. And you know he return because right now he is the "back-burner" villain,just waiting for the need of a villian in the story line.

I guess the one thing that I really disliked is that Maya did not die. No, it is not because I did not like the character; but having someone who can kill like that really takes the fun out of things. Although, I have a pretty good idea what the next season is going to be, so all of you might want to learn to like Maya or plan on quitting now. :)

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. It did what any show is suppose to do keep me on my toes and made me connect to the characters; but hey every show is not for everyone. :)

Sorry, for I jumped around. I hope it still made sense. :)

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:37 pm

My brief thoughts on the finale (and my first post in this thread, I think):

- Why didn't Peter ever read Adam's mind to learn his true intentions? He has Parkman's telepathy, and it is the fate of the world we're talking about. Why so much trust up until his brother convinced him?
- Burying Adam alive was harsh... That's pretty much hell on earth for someone who will presumably NEVER die. I don't think that I could bring myself to do that do anyone. Hiro could have just killed him. Yeah, yeah, I know, cellular regeneration and all that. I don't think that even the regenerators can survive if you do something like cut of their heads, splatter their brains, or incinerate them. I would have done all of the above to him just to be sure. In any case, there's no doubt that he will be back.
- It's a shame that Nathan had to die when I finally started to like him. And I do think that he's really dead. I'm not sure about Niki though. I don't really care either.
- I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Sylar being back at all. I like him.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:23 pm

I thought it was Noah.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 pm

I guess the one thing that I really disliked is that Maya did not die. No, it is not because I did not like the character; but having someone who can kill like that really takes the fun out of things. Although, I have a pretty good idea what the next season is going to be, so all of you might want to learn to like Maya or plan on quitting now. :)
I was mighty relieved when she didn't stay dead. I'm not a fan at all, but the thought that all that time spent with the twins would stay as pointless as has been all dang season was just too much for me. She got to be relevant somehow or all that time was a complete waste.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:47 pm

My brief thoughts on the finale (and my first post in this thread, I think):

- Why didn't Peter ever read Adam's mind to learn his true intentions? He has Parkman's telepathy, and it is the fate of the world we're talking about. Why so much trust up until his brother convinced him?
Well that is a good question and the only thing I could say is Peter I don't think was fully aware of that ability, so he could not control it or maybe he thought the other times was just a fluke. Although a more realistic answer is what Nathan mentions is Peter's blessing and curse is that he trust people to be as honest and friendly as he [Peter] is. That can be traced back throughout both seasons.

A more even realistic approach is the writers did not want Peter to. :P

Burying Adam alive was harsh... That's pretty much hell on earth for someone who will presumably NEVER die. I don't think that I could bring myself to do that do anyone. Hiro could have just killed him.
Well first of all did Hiro even know about the "gun shot to the head" theory? I am still calling it a theory because I have my doubts that, even in Hero-Land it will work; but you have to remember the last time Hiro tried to kill him; by leaving him in the center of an explosion Adam still lived.

Also what makes Hiro, Hiro is that he does not like to kill anyone, remember Sylar in season one, before the last episode. Of course, he also does not want Adam free to do whatever he wants, especially when believes the human race should be wiped out.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Sylar being back at all. I like him.
I do like him being back; but then again I do not really have a hate relationship with any character; but he is one of the most interesting. Of course, he is also really turning into the typical villain,which is he has this big plan "to take over the world(or whatever)", then it gets foiled; but his enemies (the heros) let him go.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:02 am

Yeah, yeah, I know, cellular regeneration and all that...or incinerate them.
I don't know about that one. Adam was pretty much incinerated in Japan and that didn't seem to make any difference. And Claire in season one did pretty well against Radiation Man.

I like Sylar being back. He is a great villian. And every great superhero needs at least one steady villian to be around and I think we found him. I think the new story line will have something to do with Sylar trying to find Adam. Think about it.

Also, I think everyone should get used to the fact that people might not really be dead. With the restorative blood and time travel in the mix, there will always be a possiblity that someone will be back.

wizzard
Soldier
Soldier
Title: if ever a wizz there was?
First Joined: 25 Jan 2003

Postby wizzard » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:15 am

I don't think anyone's going to be "brought back to life" by time travel. Hiro already dealt with that when he tried to save his father.

Speaking of time travel, though, what happens to the Irish chick (I can't remember her name), who got stuck in a future that now no longer exists?

"Morituri Nolumus Mori" -Rincewind

Don't feed the bezoar!

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:20 am

Wizzard,

That's fine that Hiro might not try to save anyone else by time travel, but he is not the only one that can travel through time. And Peter has proved to be very easy to take advantage of.

Can't remember the Irish girl's name either, but I am assuming she is gone. Unless the power develops to the point that he can travel to alternate time lines.

Edit: Caitlin...Caitlin is her name.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Olhado_ » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:28 pm

Does Sylar even know Adam, by name or power?

He had very little with the company story line this season, so I don't think he knows a thing about Adam.

I really hope it does not turn into another Season 1, with him trying to get at Claire's power, especially now that he has seen what it can do. Unless that will be Sylar's thing since every villain seems to have something they "eternally" try to get at.

It is also a good thing he killed "Candace" (I bet you forgot about her) before he could take that power otherwise his power stealing days will be pretty easy.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:46 pm

My husband also thought that the assassin was Noah. It makes sense.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:15 pm

No, Sylar doesn't know Adam, but it looks a lot like season one if you know what I mean.

Nehali Sophia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nehali Sophia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Nehali Sophia wrote:

I thought it was Noah.
My husband also thought that the assassin was Noah. It makes sense.
I only got a brief glimpse of the guy walking away, and he looked kinda skinny, so I just automatically assumed it was Peter.

And although it would make sense for Noah to be the assassin, it's also kinda predictable - ie the company tells Noah to kill Nathan or Claire dies, but what could make Peter assassinate his own brother? I'm really curious to see how this turns out.
The wonder that keeps the stars apart

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:46 pm

Yes, as Nomi mentioned, Happy Kelly means she ain't around much.

There's a boy. And so I actually didn't watch either of the last two episodes until tonight. (Happiness consumes me. I don't know how to deal with it. I'm more adept at being miserable, but that's something to share with Bob).

ANYWAY.

Let's just leave it at this--because I'm so behind and, frankly, because you all know what I'm going to say anyway.

I HATED this season. It sucked. The finale did not redeem it. There was no redemption to be had.

However, I WILL watch next season for ONE REASON ONLY, and I'll tell you why: because Hiro said "FLYING MAN!" complete with fists in the air. And it made me laugh aloud.

For that reason, and that reason only, I'll be back for next season.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Return to “Milagre Town Square”