Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Re: Things that I hate

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 am

I hate that lately whenever I post in a thread it just dies until someone comes by days later and post something not really in response or related to what I said at all.... I know its not every time but it feels like its happened more than usual lately. It makes me not want to post, not because I need to always be responded to, because I feel like I'm killing even the strongest of threads.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

Oh don't worry, I'm pretty sure that's exactly how all of us feel, as of late. I blame the fact that General Error seems to be moving his forces in.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:04 am

This is so normal Syphon it always blows me away how many times they "hold everything" to get one more bit of info found or cleared up, it's enough to make you cry or scream.
Oh, I know. They were freaking out about me moving $5,000 from my savings account to my checking account so that I could make our downpayment. They were like "Where did this deposit come from?!" I wanted to tell them that I had just sold a lot of drugs. Or blood and semen. What the hell, man? It says on the bank statements that it just moved from one account to the other, and even say "House downpayment" in the memo line. Get your s*** together.
I blame the fact that General Error seems to be moving his forces in.
He's the worst!
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm

*hugs to Teresa*

Syphon, you know what time it is? Face-punching time! :P
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

General Error
Launchie
Launchie

Postby General Error » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 pm

I blame the fact that General Error seems to be moving his forces in.
Muahaha

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Keep your eyes peeled for his assistant, Major Screwup.
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 am

This is so normal Syphon it always blows me away how many times they "hold everything" to get one more bit of info found or cleared up, it's enough to make you cry or scream.
Oh, I know. They were freaking out about me moving $5,000 from my savings account to my checking account so that I could make our downpayment. They were like "Where did this deposit come from?!" I wanted to tell them that I had just sold a lot of drugs. Or blood and semen. What the hell, man? It says on the bank statements that it just moved from one account to the other, and even say "House downpayment" in the memo line. Get your s*** together.
This sounds like a terrible experience, I hope everything gets resolved quickly. I know the feds are pushing banks to spy on us more (though apparently not competently), but my weird deposit patterns this summer never seemed to raise any alarms. I wonder if $5000 is a minimum threshold for alarm-raising, or if small local banks act differently?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm

but my weird deposit patterns this summer never seemed to raise any alarms. I wonder if $5000 is a minimum threshold for alarm-raising, or if small local banks act differently?
I don't think anyone would have said anything to him over that transfer if it weren't for the fact that he's trying to close on a house. Not sure that your situation is quite analogous.

-----------------------

First night in the new place alone. It sucks. I mean, the being alone part. The new place itself is still awesome but I want my boy back.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:47 am

I don't think anyone would have said anything to him over that transfer if it weren't for the fact that he's trying to close on a house.
Nailed it. It's only because we're in the middle of closing. We've never had any issues with larger deposits or transfers in the past. I'm holding onto my expense reports so that they don't freak out, again. Which will be a nice deposit after we close.

I just wish they would have actually looked at the statements before making a big deal out of it. The statements very clearly say where the money is coming from and they have statements for both accounts, so they can see it moving from one account to the other. Plus, the memo line! I've been very unimpressed so far.
First night in the new place alone. It sucks. I mean, the being alone part. The new place itself is still awesome but I want my boy back.
Has he not moved in full-time, yet?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am

Has he not moved in full-time, yet?
Nope. He'll be splitting his time between here and his old place until July, when his other lease is up. It's longer than a weekend I can visit him and two weeks at a time is a good amount of time compared to before but still. :(

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Maybe I'm missing some well-known feature of adult life, but I'm perplexed as to why the deposit is more suspicious when you're closing on a house than it would be any other time? Seems like that's exactly when a bank should expect you to be moving money around.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Mortgage lenders are required to track withdrawals and deposits for loan applicants, supposedly to help the feds crack down on money laundering. Most of these rules only apply when the banks are lending money, so they don't have a reason to care the rest of the time. It makes sense for a lender to track the withdrawals, of course, to be sure you're still credit-worthy. But the deposits thing is mostly just because the feds tell them they have to track it.

So, typically, anything larger than your normal payroll deposit gets flagged for review. And, at the small-town bank we're using, "review" apparently means "freak out and not actually look at the statements provided."

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm

I knew about the surveillance bit to crack down on money laundering, but....it only applies when mortgages are involved? That's the part that I was confused about. My deposits this summer were an order of magnitude larger than my usual payroll deposits, since it was a give-the-whole-stipend-in-two-checks deal.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

There are other rules that apply to all deposits over a certain dollar amount and separate rules that apply if the deposit is made in cash, regardless of whether or not you're getting a loan. But there are special rules in addition to those that apply to mortgage lenders within a certain number of days of loan origination. Some of them come from the Patriot Act, some from decades ago. But either way, your accounts are definitely subject to greater scrutiny when getting a mortgage.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 am

Long distance relationships. Fights are so much worse.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:19 pm

*hugs for Shannon* They're the pits with or without the fights but I hope whatever it is gets resolved soon.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks Alea. I hope so too.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm

I don't know if it just always happened when I wasn't going to or from work or downtown or if there really has been an uptick in suicide-by-train incidents in the past month but I have just been effected by a 4th incident since March 18. It feels like it's getting closer, too. In the other three cases, it was a train that was on its route hours before the one I was trying to use but this time, it was a freight train that went past me while I was walking to my train. If that train hadn't gone by, it could very well have been my train.

I don't hate my having close calls with anything; work would be understanding and trips can be rescheduled. I hate that people are dying and not just because it's a tragedy for them and their families, not just because it's unnecessary and avoidable but also because they are scarring perfectly innocent conductors who aren't waking up in the morning thinking, "Gee, today I might have some tuna for lunch, maybe hit a pedestrian, then see if that movie is on Netflix."

I did not look out the window as we passed the scene, where the body was still laid out (but covered), where police were following their procedures on this type of incident. I just sat there, staring ahead, wanting to throw up at the s***** of the whole situation.
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 pm

:(
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Eeeep :(

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Trying to teach kitchen etiquette to a housemate.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 am

Yesterday on my way to the feed mill I picked up a hitch hiker that looked kinda beat up ( I'd hoped to only have to drop the someone off a couple miles ahead in Deer Park) as I looked him over since he was stalling I recognized him as a guy that worked for us and was fired for theft. I was blown away by what drugs meth whatever takes from a man in such a short time. I probably handled it wrong and gave him some money, more for me than him I suppose. What a waste! not only a young mans life but a contributing life, heading to be cut short and leaving nothing good or lasting.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 am

Always a rough experience, seeing someone you know having gone downhill like that. :( The usual tip if you want to help provide/be generous with someone in a situation like that is to get them food rather than money.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 pm

You're right Elf, but sometimes I suffer bad quick judgement when a bit shook by the chance un planned and normaly avoided encounter.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 am

You're right Elf, but sometimes I suffer bad quick judgement when a bit shook by the chance un planned and normaly avoided encounter.
It happens to all of us. Trying to help out someone who's in a bad place in their life is still quite admirable, even if in hindsight it would have been nice to handle it slightly differently.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 am

Waking up in a funk and knowing you have a whole day of laundry ahead.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:25 am

I don't mind washing clothes but I always get yelled at for washing the wrong stuff together! I still don't get it

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Some of the people that work at this location.

(The people I work for own 2 hospitals. I have been at one pretty much exclusively for 6 months. I just got switched back to splitting my time between the two.)

I spent 10 minutes crying in the bathroom from frustration and anger. I am not that girl! I hate this place. At least at the other hospital, I trust and like most of the people that work there.
-Kim

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Flakey friends make me sad. Macklemore played on campus tonight, and a bunch of high school friends who I haven't seen in a while came up for the concert. I didn't go since I'm not much into rap, but everyone said they'd come over afterwards......

Just got a flurry of texts that the concert was over and everyone was just gonna go home.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Season six of Buffy. Yes, please, let's just make everything horrible for everyone all the time. Because happiness clearly cannot exist on the Hellmouth.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Freight trains. For the second time this week, one has pulled through my station and literally stopped on my crossing so that despite being at the station 10 minutes before the scheduled commuter train time, I missed my train to work. I got to stand there, twice, and watch my train pull up to and depart from the station. Today, I got so pissed, I cut 20 inches of hair off while I waited for the next train to come by two hours later.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 pm

(you didn't literally cut your hair right!!!)

Dress shoes! they...

1.) are not good for running
2.) give you blisters
3.) make your feet sore
4.) fall off
5.) are not something you should wear for 6 hours straight!!!
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:27 am

Oh, oops. I didn't mean I did it myself. I was pissed and walking around, trying to figure out how to get to work and passed a hair place, so I walked in and had them do it.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:02 am

Waiting!!!!
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:44 am

Did they give any sort of time estimate? I guess with housing stuff, it's usually not so easy to know, especially if they're waiting on the back and forth between agents and potential buyers. Ugh, good luck.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”