Girly Stuff

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Girly Stuff

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:52 pm

I got my annual and mammogram today. Very glad to have that over with for awhile.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

I should probably start going in for those. Annuals, not mammograms. They don't demand those of me regularly quite yet.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 pm

I have an appointment first week of April; a sort of state of the ovaries appointment. I am dreading going because 1) I TOLD this guy I was gaining weight and it only happened after I went on this pill and he wasn't very helpful there and 2) I still remember the breast exam and the pelvic exam from last time and how stupid he made me feel.

I might switch to somewhere closer to where I am now, anyway.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Alea, try to be firm and not let him intimidate you (if you see the same dr). You know your body. Ask to switch to a different pill and do as much research as possible ahead of time so you can have some options in mind (non pill options, even?).
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:53 pm

I don't think he was wrong to put me on this pill, per se. I've very thoroughly looked at other options (I do not want injections, implants, patches, insertables like sponges or whatnot...what am I forgetting? There's probably a gum at this point :P ) and I'm not sure there's a better pill. The side effects are pretty similar and the one he switched me off of, while I never experienced weight gain, had other side effects I was mildly concerned about.

It was more the attitude he had when I suggested it might be causing the weight gain, like, "Well, stop eating so much."

Um, okay, thanks.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm

New recommendations are if your pap is clean of HPV, you can cut back to paps every 3 years! I love being disease free!

Also, I think I didn't actually have a period back awhile ago. I haven't had another one, so I think it was just a resurgence of post-partum bleeding. I'm hoping for a good long stretch of no menstruating!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:54 pm

New recommendations are if your pap is clean of HPV, you can cut back to paps every 3 years! I love being disease free!
I believe this is only true for over age 30 and if you have had two clean paps in a row. Also, you are still supposed to go for an internal and breast exam every year, so the only thing that you get to skip is the pap. Which is nice and all but doesn't really save much hassle.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 pm

My partner and I have settled on our "baby" plan.

At this point, we still don't want children, and don't see them in our future. We understand that we are still young and have only been married for just shy of 2 years. At my next gyn I'll ask for an IUD. If we still don't want any babies in 7 or 8 years (when we'll both be 30), he'll have a vasectomy.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 pm

only been married for just shy of 2 years
It feels, to me, like it's been much longer than that. In a good way.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm

only been married for just shy of 2 years
It feels, to me, like it's been much longer than that. In a good way.

Me, too. I feel like we've always been married but also that the wedding was just last month.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 pm

I believe this is only true for over age 30 and if you have had two clean paps in a row. Also, you are still supposed to go for an internal and breast exam every year, so the only thing that you get to skip is the pap. Which is nice and all but doesn't really save much hassle.
Hmmm. She didn't say anything about over 30, but maybe she didn't because I AM over 30. She also didn't say anything about 2 clean paps, just one. *shrug* I did know I'm still supposed to go in every year for the rest, but (shhhhh) I'm likely to stretch those out as long as everything is going well, since I don't need to go in for birth control needs. It will be a weird switch to go in without baby stuff involved. All my annual exams over the last 8 years have been done in conjunction with pre- or post-natal appointments.
My partner and I have settled on our "baby" plan.

At this point, we still don't want children, and don't see them in our future. We understand that we are still young and have only been married for just shy of 2 years. At my next gyn I'll ask for an IUD. If we still don't want any babies in 7 or 8 years (when we'll both be 30), he'll have a vasectomy.
Isn't it great having a plan? Sounds like a great one for you guys!

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:14 pm

I am studying genital infections and STDs currently and my textbook hinted a something rather alarming. Do women really treat yeast infections by putting yogurt in their lady parts?! I mean, I sort of see the logic (emphasis on the sort of), but that's just nasty.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 pm

I've just started my period. Combine this with my dwindling food supplies (waiting until I have money to stock up...so, Friday) and stress from work, and I'm sitting here, pretty confident that zero is my only friend and that I'm leading a hopelessly boring non-existence of a life.

Oh, hormones, you slay me.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Hormones are the worst! I feel like they make my brain a crazy place. Then, when I know I'm hormonal, I start questioning which feelings are rational and which are crazy and sometimes I can't tell the difference. Yeah, crazy hormone town. I feel you.
-Kim

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:27 pm

pretty confident that zero is my only friend and that I'm leading a hopelessly boring non-existence of a life.
Confident of a non-zero number of friends and a life that isn't actively horrific/out to get you? Based on personal observation of close female acquaintances, it sounds like it's going about as well as such things go. ;)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Kim, I daresay you've got more hormones raging through you than I do at the moment. Or if not more, then more active? I will know things about being female. One day.

Also, hey! Do you have or are you going to take any progress shots of your belly? :mrgreen:

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:02 pm

We have a handful! Then we stopped taking them because we got lazy.. we definitely need to start up again!
-Kim

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 pm

So just recently I watched a documentary (available on YouTube) called Miss Representation, it was basically about the way media stereo-types women. Therefore, I was wondering, what do you think about the stereotyping of women by the media? Is it a big problem? Has it ever affected you personally? What do you think should be done to change it?
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 am

TMI warning!

I was expecting my period yesterday or the day before and when it didn't come, I assumed I out-stressed it due to current work issues (we're short staffed, just lost our Youth Services manager) and so I didn't really prepare for its possible arrival overnight/this morning. Surprise, surprise, it came and I ended up bleeding all over zero. Poor guy, looked like someone took a knife to his crotch.

To top things off, I now feel physically ill. Thankfully, I have super-cookies to comfort me. :P

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Oh my! (In George Takai's voice. :stoned: :stoned: )

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 pm

I can usually enjoy my time off from menstruating, but this time I have random cramping and random spotting with nothing actually coming to fruition. I never know if I'm going to start bleeding for real or not and it's really frustrating!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:22 am

:grumble:

It's here for real. And I'm not happy about it. PJ's and resting for me today.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Dear body, if you love me at all, you'll start bleeding normally and not with this weird not-really-a-period period that it looks like we're repeating from last month. Because that might mean the random nauseousness I've been getting for the past two months and the exhaustion aren't just school related and that would be BAD. SUPER BAD. Please just be stress, please just be stress, please just be stress.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Dear body, if you love me at all, you'll start bleeding normally and not with this weird not-really-a-period period that it looks like we're repeating from last month. Because that might mean the random nauseousness I've been getting for the past two months and the exhaustion aren't just school related and that would be BAD. SUPER BAD. Please just be stress, please just be stress, please just be stress.
*hugs*

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Very yikes! (assuming, possibly badly, that my inferences about what might be meant by "BAD. SUPER BAD" are correct, based on my limited knowledge of Girly Stuff™)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:36 am

*super big hugs* and dear lord, there is no way I would be able to resist taking a test just to make sure.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 am

My left breast feels weird. I am always aware of my nipple. It's like... tingly. I hope this is not another bout of mastitis. Seriously, mastitis was the worst I've ever felt. Showering hurt. I was so painful and dizzy I didn't trust myself to carry lizzy up the stairs.
-Kim

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi ladies.

So I know this is kind of the antithesis of this thread, but I thought that some people here might find this to be most informative: "26 Things Girls Want to Know About Guys, But Are Too Afraid to Ask." http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/ ... aid-t?bffb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spoiler Alert: it's mostly about our balls.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 pm

I was a big, big pile of hormonal, emotional mess today and it reeeeeaaaaallllyyy sucked.

I woke up just feeling blah, wanting to cry for some inexplicable reason, then went to my OB-GYN appointment, only to find the offices were not where the insurance website listed them as being. Showed up late, was my first time there, so I was filling out paperwork, and ended up seeing the doctor for 2 minutes after an hour of waiting. Had to leave immediately from there to work and it was down-pouring, bad enough that I almost had to pull over because the wipers couldn't keep up but not so bad that I did. No lunch because I went straight to work at my appointment and no dinner. Got home tired, still wanting to cry for some inexplicable reason, and zero was like, "Let's exercise!" :faceplant:

The whole time, my brain knew I started out with no reason to be so emotional but it also didn't care. Every little thing put me at risk for bursting into tears.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:14 pm

*hugs*

Days like that suck, do you have any tricks to help?

I had a night like that two days ago. I volunteered to make a dinner I really wanted to try and nothing went right and I ended up crying over crumbled meatballs.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:10 pm

It was really just a day of trying to keep myself relaxed with loud music and slow breathing and hoping for the best. It only moderately worked, so I don't think it's much of a trick. :?

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Dry shampoo. Oh my gosh. It's amazing. I tried Dove ($4) last month and was kind of like, "meh, I guess it makes my hair tolerable if I use a ton." But then last night on a whim I picked up Batiste for $8 at Walgreens. Amazing. My hair didn't seem just tolerably non-greasy, it seemed CLEAN, except with enough grip to style. Had two people ask if I'd gotten a haircut. A++++ and I want to spam every retail website on the Internet with reviews. Hell, it's past bedtime and my hair seems cleaner than when I use a normal shampoo in the mornings.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:22 pm

I had to pay a penalty charge for my birth control because I didn't use a 3 month supply option that I had been told for over two years I did not qualify for.

Now that is some straight up bullshit.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 pm

I have started needing and preferring girly shampoo for my long hair. :thumbs:
Discord ID: AJ#0001

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Ok uterus havers of Pweb, can you recommend a good menstrual cup?

Back story,other that the 5 months it took to conceive Ronan I have been period free for 15+ years. I just switched to the copper IUD so I should be menstruating soon. I'm not a fan o pads or tampons. You were the first to tell me about menstrual cups, but now there are so many options.

Any suggestions are welcome

Return to “Milagre Town Square”