Unjust Developments That "Damage My Calm"

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Unjust Developments That "Damage My Calm"

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:37 pm

They tore down the sweet old 90 year old civic center in town today! It started out as the gym for the highschool and became the place we all gathered for the important things in life. With no consult our "part time "Mayor made a deal to pull it down to make room for a new fire station. The damn city owns other land that would have worked fine, others like myself may have made other property available for little or whatever. It sucks how over the last 10 or so years we raised funds to keep it in repair and keep it updated and up to the changing codes. Actions like this is why I stay out of local politics. Mostly im just hurt, I love the place my suprise 40th birthday was a knock down drag out that won't soon be forgotten. I also had a couple small gun shows there that were memorable not to mention My Vicky and Molly both had their wedding receptions there and feed mill Xmas partys with the whole surrounding area invited and wakes or receptions for friends that passed on. I am smokin pissed off! this was wrong I hope those involved "feel my anger". I just found this all out , my fault for being busy I should have known what was happening. Every community needs a affordable up to code place to have "doins" at and we will feel the loss

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Unjust Developments That "Damage My Calm"

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:47 pm

Um maybe I was a little extra pissed off earlier, I'm still mad about it but know going on a rant makes no sense.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 am

Unrelated but seemed to fit under this heading: the election.

The fact that a canidate who ran on fear, isolationism, and racism is now the president elect of the united states and will have a republican house, senate, and supreme court is absolutely terrifying. But more sobering is the fact that almost (not quite) half of the population vited to elect him president. The fact that our democracy has become so polarized and our bubbles so insulating that I cannot understand these voters anymore than they could understand me. I am disapointed in my country, and pissed off at the work my generation will have dealing with the consequences of this administration.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:13 am

I'm mostly sad to finally see how deeply divided we all really are! "Divided" is not a strong enough word, It feels like the canyon is deepest between the most liberal and the most conservative. I had no real idea the "female president" thing was so overwhelmingly important, I know it is important! but both candidates were so lackluster. Someday we will elect a Female president for the right reasons, and I'll be proud to vote for her.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:33 am

I know it is important! but both candidates were so lackluster. Someday we will elect a Female president for the right reasons, and I'll be proud to vote for her.

I can understand how someone might feel that way because she certainly has serious flaws, but I think Hillary Clinton is incredibly inspiring. I donated and phone banked for her but I wish I had done more to stick up for her on social media. I am absolutely heartbroken.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”