Purgatory Cake

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Purgatory Cake

Postby hive_king » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:14 pm

Well, as some of you might know, I recently announced that my sister and I were going to attempt a mixture of angel's food cake and devil's food cake- or, as we called it, "purgatory cake". Well, tonight we gathered up our ingredients and decided to attempt this study in awesomeness.
Well, the operation was a complete success, and we now have purgatory in cake (and cupcake) form. Due to my sister's brilliant culinary skillz,(which vastly outreach mine), we reached heights of cakey goodness hithero unsurpassed.

It came suprisngly spongy in both the angel and devil parts (we marbled it). It was very rich and fluffy at the same time, perhaps paying homage to its dual natures. We used the leftover batter to make cupcakes, which we nicknamed "fallen angels". Image

All in all, it was awesome, and the cake promises to be the most delicious thing at thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, especially knowing my dear sweet mother's cooking. And yes John, you are invited.

(nick's sister, elle) Yes, that's right! Nick actually cooked! (By that I mean he stirred, put stuff in the oven and, licked the spoons) He also reached new heights in understanding the physics of cake density and marbling.

The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:23 pm

they're beautiful!
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Petra
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby Petra » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:31 pm

I'm going to have to make this.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:35 pm

It's copyrighted. You owe me a nickle for every cupcake, and a dollar for every cake.
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:45 pm

NOOOOOO!
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:47 pm

I stand by HK's stance, because as his legal representative, i get 40% of any money that he collects from the copyright.

not_nick
Launchie
Launchie

Postby not_nick » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:12 am

I'm sooooo proud!
Nick? I assure you my good man, I'm definately not Nick, I'm.... umm... someone entirely different!

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:14 am

seeing that you are NOT nick, i want to tell you how fed up i am with that boy.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:52 am

Store bought frosting... Silly boy.

And it looks like you're making Chelsea (sp) look happy. She kinda looks scared.

Nice cake though.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:00 am

yummy!
HAiaSMG

Paul
Soldier
Soldier
Title: sparkie_adams

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:17 am

It's copyrighted. You owe me a nickle for every cupcake, and a dollar for every cake.
Eh, I think this falls under "fair use," not that it means much in this day in age. But wouldn't she only owe you money if she makes a profit on them? which im sure they didnt, due to the fact that they ate all their products....

PS

Do you think you could serve this at future pweb cons? Good incentive to make it.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:40 pm

Talk to my legal council.

Seiryu
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Seiryu » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:01 am

Legal actions aside, I thought (somehow) you made a large multi-layered cake, each layer somehow representing a layer of hell based on Dante's Inferno, but that was only based on the title of the thread. Then when I clicked on the title, I thought "No, that's just silly. STFU, Micah."
I don't believe in fairies!
(Dresden's battle cry going against fairies in book 4.)

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:02 am

I shudder to think what the layer of adulterers might be made of.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:05 am

Dante's Inferno annoys me. As does any reference to a woman as an angel.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 am

I finally managed to have time in the kitchen without anyone to distract me. Other than His Highness, Xavier Fluffypants I.

I'm never alone. Never. *sob*

Anyway. I attempted a Purgatory Cake and had leftover batter so I made cupcakes, too. I didn't use boxes of mix, though, because I was too lazy to go to the store. Instead I found recipes in one of my mom's old cookbooks. Blue Ribbon winners, apparently.

It all turned out okay. Don't get me wrong, it's yummy... It's just that... There was a bit of a crisis 5 minutes into baking, in regards to the cupcakes. I kinda forgot that we were at 5000 ft and didn't adjust my recipes. Too much baking soda. The cupcakes... Well, if we'd left them another couple of minutes, would've looked like a cake from the top, and be cupcakes underneath. All in all, they're really spongy. I think if I wanted to go into a sugar coma I'd make some chocolate mousse and pipe it into the cupcakes. But, since I don't, I'm not gonna.

And, Nick, I'm not payin' the fee. :P

<3
Sonia

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:28 pm

*takes John off his leash* sue her, boy! sue her! That's a good John!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”