Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Great advice from an expert!

*hugs*
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:31 pm

I think it's time for a massage. It has been well over six months. You know it's bad when multiple doctors comment on how tight and rock hard your neck/shoulder muscles are. The Neuro who just did my migraine botox even said that might be why I had such a bad reaction last time. The injections made the tight muscles flare. Sigh...
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Whoops. Accidentally posted pregnancy talk in Bob. Moving that post to the appropriate thread and updating this to say:

Dear Bob,

Please, please, please let 2014 be better than 2013. Please.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi Bob, It was great to get off the ground for a while this morning! I'm spoiled to have such a fine plane I couldn't be more happy with it. Too bad she likes to gulp instead of sip the avgas. This must be a good fit for me as I fly so much better and more relaxed in her than anything else Iv'e ever flown and visibility is incredible with so much room and big windows. A fitting name for her must be picked soon as Julie dislikes me calling it her and I think I would like to have a little "nose art" painted on her cowling before spring. I thought of "Julie Ann after the wife but she shunns the plan ,Should I do it anyway? I found a pic online of a corsair fighter with Julie ann nose art on it "made me jealous". I would be so happy if she would fly with me ,I dream of packing a lunch and flying off to find a mountain airstrip and to have some us time. I know all too well lots of folks are scared of flying my wife among them and I have been so carefull to find something that not only fits my "quirky self" but is in the best shape and well equiped with the best avionics and safety stuff I can fit in and use to be always safe and prepared for anything. Julie is shure I bought her for bush flying and to take back n forth to Alaska. Yeah maybe someday but now as soon as I become confident with her and do a lot of serious "recovery training" with a expert pilot I plan to use her for family fun. A lot of feed costomers are in smaller towns and it might be kinda novel to" make the rounds " by vintage plane. Bob I know I always sound like a goof but we know my days getting around well "and flying legally " are somewhat limited, and there is so much I just gotta do!

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 am

Dear Bob,

Mood is at a very low ebb today. Personally, professionally, creatively, family-wise.

It's been awhile since I've felt quite this ooky.

Trying to focus on the easiest of my to-do list tasks and work my way up.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:02 pm

This sunlit afternoon is firing me up! I gotta get goin n doin, I want to get up to Ak. before field work starts. I feel like Iv'e been in a freezer for years

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 am

This sunlit afternoon is firing me up! I gotta get goin n doin, I want to get up to Ak. before field work starts. I feel like Iv'e been in a freezer for years
Ya'know, heading to AK in March isn't what I think of as getting out of the freezer!
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:12 am

Youre right Elf, spring gets wild for me watching over farm and mill stuff and couldn't get away again till almost june.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 pm

So my son Jake was having truck problems so he came home and took my Gramps old (71) GMC pickup to get around in, without my permission. Now I find out its up at the mill, it has no oil pressure the engine is stuck wont even turn over and my new tires (the back ones) are bald. The damn kid is not allowed near that and several other trucks ever over past screw ups. I think I'm to blame for always helping this one out, everytime I do something nice for him it bites me in the ass. It makes me sick to watch him run the s*** out of everything he gets into, everytime we lend him a rig or give him one just to get him to work he either runs it to death or tears it apart to build some other wierd thing that never gets finished.. I'm way to bent to be around home tonight I always feel out of control when I'm really angry. So excuse me please :bash:

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 am

my new tires (the back ones) are bald.
Did he peel out of every parking lot in the county or something? That's an impressive amount of tire destruction in a short span!

Also, it boggles me that kids (even grown-up ones) are okay driving off in a parent's car without asking permission! I never did that even with the vehicles that were theoretically I was allowed to be using!
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 am

I keep some old pickups around in good shape and insured because the kids ,friends, parents , hired hands always needs one which is fine. I have some rigs that are "off limits" Gramps truck included, I have let jake drive it on a few dates and the like but he can't keep his foot out of it. It's a light 1/2 ton truck and when I re-built it , well lets say its not stock. I wish he could show some self control and yes Elf he burned em off (under the truck the exhaust and bottom of the bumper is coated with stuck on rubber. The engine is or was quite fresh and the electronic logging tach shows that it was overreved till it cooked .

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:27 am

Got my dream family defense internship next semester!! Now just have to make it through finals and the summer...

On the other hand, I'm so sick of unpaid internships. I can't wait to graduate and practice.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sat May 10, 2014 8:25 pm

From a friend's fb status this evening, I learned that there was a mother's day brunch, shopping and a birthday dinner today, all of which I wasn't invited to.

Sometimes it's easier to pretend that Brian's unconventional schedule is the reason I'm not invited, instead of the probable truth that they just don't care to invite me.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun May 11, 2014 1:52 pm

**hugs**
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Sun May 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Happy Mothers Day Steph! Screw those other gals, you have and are way better than that! Those were no friends anyhow.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed May 14, 2014 8:16 pm

Thanks guys.

Sometimes it's easier to pretend that facebook is a good thing, instead of the probable truth that it's ridiculous.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:00 pm

I had surgery on Wednesday to fix a deviated septum, turbinate reduction and break up my narrow sinus passages. It was my first time having general anesthesia. They left splints in each side of my nose to keep everything straight while it heals. I have to get them taken out next Thursday. I feel like I have the worst head cold/sinus infection ever; except I'm not allowed to blow my nose which is torture! I hope this ends up being worth it.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Is this supposed to help with your headaches? I sure hope so, cuz it's about time you're done with those!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:15 pm

I don't think so, although that would be great. My headaches are migraines but this is supposed help with my chronic sinusitis. And I just found out that I am allergic to the antibiotic they gave me. Boo!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:07 pm

I did something I and others thought would never happen I sold my caterpillar collection! We will keep some family tractors and some favorites for me and a few will go to local museums and a collector club. I have been selfish about them and let few ever see the lineup over the years and its just time I guess. The wife was worried I think over how she will handle some of my collections when I go but I do have it planned out well if I kicked early, as I am picky about who would get what regardless about money. This is a big step for me as I am truly a covetous demon where my old treasures are concerned . I have a lot of sweat and blood invested in the restoration of each of them and the research too. "So" I got rid of a couple hundred tonnes probably more of iron. What do I get to replace it all with? And no of course I kept my John Deer stuff.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:41 pm

I did something I and others thought would never happen I sold my caterpillar collection! We will keep some family tractors and some favorites for me and a few will go to local museums and a collector club. I have been selfish about them and let few ever see the lineup over the years and its just time I guess. The wife was worried I think over how she will handle some of my collections when I go but I do have it planned out well if I kicked early, as I am picky about who would get what regardless about money. This is a big step for me as I am truly a covetous demon where my old treasures are concerned . I have a lot of sweat and blood invested in the restoration of each of them and the research too. "So" I got rid of a couple hundred tonnes probably more of iron. What do I get to replace it all with? And no of course I kept my John Deer stuff.
Sorry you had to let them all go! Do you have some awesome pictures of the collection to show off and/or remember them by?

One of these days you'll have to make the pilgrimage out here to VT and visit the historical John Deere sites ^_^

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Would love to see that someday. Yes there are pix and journals maybe with a lot of help a small book someday.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Bob,

As I was adding something to my list journal this morning (my irrationally proud accomplishment of having finished The Simpsons seasons 1-10 this year), I flipped past my Pweb list page and realized this is only the second time in my 11 years, but first since 2005 (the second year I was here), that I will not have met at least one new Pwebber in person. Rather than be assured that things will pick up next year, I'm mostly sure this is the new pattern and not a blip in the old one.

I'm glad there's enough distance now that I'm not depressed over this. But I am a touch sad that it got to that.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:24 pm

You haven't met Jocelyn yet. That's an easy one to add to the list. ;)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 am

Sadly, my money situation isn't what it was prior to last year. Any meetings will have to come to me. As it is, I'm struggling to find a way to get home for Christmas (first year here I haven't been home at all prior to the holidays).

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Do S.O.'s of PWebbers count? :P

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Do S.O.'s of PWebbers count? :P
Not unless they registered to the site before I met them.

Nice try, though. :)

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Hey Bob, I just got back from a short painful trip back down to Chino airfield to see the A 26 attack bomber again (the dead owners family offers a better deal each time I show up) while there I spent a couple days with friends at the mecca of the B 25 mitchell restoration world and had a fine time. I gotta get out more

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:42 am

Hey Bob (and pweb in general, I guess).

It's been a while. So what's been happening? Well, I now have a 5mo and 3yo kid both to chase after. They get along pretty great, but it's hard to balance their needs, especially since I'm so tired. AND still dealing with the thesis. I just finished a chapter, hopefully to the satisfaction of the supervisors. Or close enough that I don't despair. I'm now due to hand in in April, which is really really soon, and I have a ton to do yet. Also dealing with the 4th cold in 4 weeks, which is just balls. Given that, I'm amazed I actually got something resembling a chapter to hand in done. Ha. And the girls had it, which was great. Kind of hoping I don't pass them this most recent one, or that I got it from them. Ugh. Other than that, life's not terribly exciting. Kind of wanting to get a new teapot to celebrate our visa extensions being approved - there's a Denby outlet here and they even do seconds, which brings the normally $200 teapot down to more like $50. Which is possibly still a lot for a teapot, but it's a really NICE teapot, and one Brenton has wanted for years (her parents have one). Been reading a lot of media criticism lately, especially in terms of representation of gender/race/class/etc., which has left me feeling grumpy but educated.

Anyway, will check in again soon!

:love:
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 am

Had a pretty devastating day yesterday. Thank you to the people who helped me through it.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Sorry! Hope today's better

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:57 am

Dear Bob,

Reece is really, really sick. Super sick. Pancreatitis. Won't eat, won't drink, not acting at all like himself. We can't afford to put him in the hospital -- literally can't afford it, I mean, even if we gave up all the grocery money and everything else in our account (the vet trip alone with labs and X-rays and fluids and shots nearly wiped us out) -- but we're doing everything the vet told us to at home, pills, trying to entice him to eat anything.

I don't think it's going to work. I think we're probably going to have to euthanize him. He's miserable.

He went down so fast. The day before it was obvious he was sick, yeah, okay, he didn't eat much of his food, but when I made popcorn he was right there trying to lick the butter off my hands and I had to chase him away from Atty's leftover lunch. He was social, affectionate, normal! Came whenever I called, purring, politely interested in Atty's Duplos. And then, suddenly, throwing up all the time even though there was nothing in his belly and completely lethargic and pitiful. Yesterday, he stopped throwing up after the trip to the vet, but anything we offered him, he turned away from with evident disgust. Same this morning. Donny's going to call the vet this afternoon and consult with her.

He's only twelve! That's not even that old for a cat! It's so unfair. He's such a good kitty.

If it had to happen, I wish it had been a couple of months ago. Lately, Atty has just fallen madly in love with Reece. He asks for him first thing in the morning. He laughs at every single thing the cat does! He pets him gently, wants to be around him, will just sit and play near him. The cat will even hang out with him on purpose! They're just good together, and Atty has gone from being relatively uninterested to just completely adoring Reece. "Bwee-eh!" he'll say, which means "Reeces!" So, I'm sad for me, and I'm sad for Reece, and I'm also really sad for Atticus, because he is old enough and interested enough that he is going to miss his bestest buddy.

I hope he's miraculously turned the corner while I've been at work this morning, but I doubt it.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm giving extra hugs to my kitties tonight for Reece. This breaks my heart.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks, Fred.

We tried an appetite stimulant yesterday, but he still won't eat. He's obviously very, very sick. We're taking him in later this morning to be put to sleep.

I am a wreck, pretty much.

Last night I was crying at the computer desk. Atty brought Naa, his stuffed cat over, and had her give me kisses and hugs. He does that at other times, too, but still I wonder.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:45 pm

:(

((Kirsten and family))

Return to “Milagre Town Square”