Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Re: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Postby Rootersfriend » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:57 am

Hey Bob,

I don't know you but everyone else here seems to think you're a solid listener and trustworthy, and I trust Pweb so here goes...Haven't really told anyone this stuff, but feel like I'm gonna explode.

I'm frickin' sick and tired of life as it' s been for the past 10+ years. I'm tired of always having to scrape by, I'm sick of working my butt off just so that some kid who's had it all his whole life can swoop in and take what I've worked so hard for. Sick of people overlooking me because I couldn't afford to get a stupid peice of paper that says "I'm smart." I could run circles around most of these people around me but nobody ever cares what the kid who sleeps on a couch says. I've been working and supporting myself since I was 11 years old, moved out of my parents house when I was 17 and have had them ask me for money more times than I've asked them, but that doesn't matter to most employers.The one thing that made me happier than I've ever been some jerk took from me when he decided to drink and drive.

I'm lonlier than I've ever been in my life, and I know "I'm not alone" and blah blah blah, but that doesn't help. I don't want to know there are a bunch of other depressed people out there who also have to really think hard about whether they wanna go on that day. I want her back. I miss companionship, I ache for it. Sure I have plenty of friends, but literally 99.8% of them are either married or dating seriously, and I'm tired of being the third wheel. I'm tired of being fit into people's schedules only whenever their significant other is busy. If I hear, "I mean, [insert significant other's name] and I are doing something, but I guess you can tag along" one more time I'm driving into a frickin' wall.

For all the good friends I have (and I do have good friends, I do love them) it's depressing to be the only one that puts out effort, at a certain point you realize what the hell is the point? I decided I was going to back off and see if anyone actually reached out...A little over 2 weeks later I got a text from my best friend seeing what was up cuz his girlfriend was out of town on business. I'm tired of my Friday and Saturday nights consisting of sitting alone in my "room" playing online chess or watching netflix, I'm not even an good at chess, even after all the practice I've had...That computer is so darn good!

I'm a surviver, it's what I'm good at. While I don't have anton's key turned, or anything, I think bean and I are very similar. I can do what I need to do to get by. I'm super resourcful, I'm a very hard worker, I don't give up easily when it counts, I think outside the box, I've always been the runt of the pack, but make up for it by ending battles thoroughly, I have amazing intuition, I'm trust worthy, and deep down where no one else can see it, behind the smiles, behind all the tattoos, I'm a scared little kid who's tired of it all...

This isn't necesarily a cry for help Bob, but maybe it's a first step towards one. Sorry for the long depressing story, I appreciate Pweb probably more than is rational, again, never really told anyone any of this, so this is new. For the longest time I've lived by the model of what Bean set up, "No point in getting emotional about anything. Being emotional didn't help with survival. What mattered was to learn everything, analyze the situation, choose a course of action, and then move boldly." -ES. But I'll try the whole "get it out" method. Thanks for listening.

RF
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 am

Dear Bob,

I don't remember if I talked about this here before, but before we moved, Atty and I were meeting weekly with a refugee family from Burma that our church had sponsored. They have a little girl a few months older than Atty.

Today I found out there was a fire that destroyed their apartment, along with the apartments of two other refugee families. Physically, they are okay. Still. It's so awful.

Bob.

They've been through so much already. I remember when they first moved to that apartment, how happy they were.

If you are of a praying bent, please.

I just can't imagine. I am in shock.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am

That's so terrible.

Sending good vibes and healing thoughts to them.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rootersfriend » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 pm

That's awful, I'll be praying for them and the other families effected. Is there anything we can do that would help them get back into a place quickly or help their situation at all? A place to give money or anything?

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you so much. I don't know if there's a specific fund for victims of the fire, but this is the "you can help" page of local group that sponsors and supports them: http://www.ewarm.org/pages/YouCanHelp

I'll let you know if anything more specific is organized, but this isa good group. I'm 100% sure anything designated to the victims of the fire would go to the right place
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rootersfriend » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Great thanks!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 am

Hey "Bob" My llittle Maddie sez maybe I should hold off buying her hunting license and big game tags! She is getting too busy with school n band nother stuff. :cry:

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am

Hey "Bob" My llittle Maddie sez maybe I should hold off buying her hunting license and big game tags! She is getting too busy with school n band nother stuff. :cry:

:(
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Very sad day :( Sorry to hear that Buckshot. My husband and father in law are having the hardest time finding a time that works for both of them to go on a hunt this year.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Maddie mainly just deer hunted with me in blinds mostly locally and some up at the ranch but I will miss the time we spent after school and watching her bag some big bucks with well placed shots. I guess I knew this day would come but I am not counting her out yet, I know she loves to hunt and she takes pride in feeding yummy jerky to her school friends that hate hunting and waits for them to figure out what theyre eating. It is funny how many of their friends bitch about eating animal flesh and how evil hunting is while they knock down my bbq beef and comment on how pretty those cows are across the fence. By the way I think Maddie got her first hunting license and her hunter safety cert when she was eight , and I am damn proud of her. Some of her older sibs went hunting some but not like Maddie and jake.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 am

I don't think hunting out of necessity is "evil" but I think hunting for fun is. *shrug*
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am

I don't think hunting out of necessity is "evil" but I think hunting for fun is. *shrug*
If by "fun" you mean "trophy hunting and leaving the meat to spoil", I probably agree. But hunting to eat isn't necessarily out of necessity (since you can often purchase meat as well), but in my view at least is more ethically justifiable than eating something that was raised by industrial agriculture and killed in a slaughterhouse. I prefer to eat something that lived a natural life and was put down humanely, than something that lived in cramped quarters for its whole life and then led into a room full of its screaming brethren.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

Of course I'll leave this alone here, knowing everyone was'nt brought up with the outdoor traditions I have. I'm probably "all kinds of evil" since I hunt n fish and collect old guns and was a nuisance trapper for the state when I was going to school, foe extra money "not for kix". And then there were all the trees I cut down for firewood to pay for tuition and books. Oh yeah I almost forgot about the poor cattle, hogs ,chickens and turkeys I've sent to the kitchens over the years. Damn I'm bad! :wave:

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

I do love me a good hamburger, though. With cheese and bacon.

Are you saying that all comes from...animals?!?!?

:shock:
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 pm

I do love me a good hamburger, though. With cheese and bacon.

Are you saying that all comes from...animals?!?!?

:shock:
:stamp:

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Yep i'm a big supporter of PETA (people eating tasty animals)! I'm not pokin or any kind of attacking or jabbing at anyone. I know we can't agree on everything and see all things differently, so please nobody take offense please. :hatsoff:

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Buckshot, I think you're a pretty great representative for hunters, just to throw that out there. :)

My current household is meat-free and while I do eat meat on occasion if I'm eating out, it is very, very limited. Hunting for population control is a necessity, in my opinion, and hunting to avoid supporting poor conditions for animals is also a good thing, for a certain definition of good. I have a somewhat Native take on it; if you give thanks to the animal for giving up its life and it isn't wasted, it's not evil.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:15 pm

GD please dont think I was jumpin at you, I don't really take that stuff to heart like some do . I have a good opinion of you and care what you think. My world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything, maybe we aught to get into politics! :kisses:

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:28 am

Bob,

I'm getting nervous! Next Thursday evening we're taking off on a road trip to California. This'll be my first paid vacation and our first road trip alone. I'm beyond excited, and nervous. I feel like we have a million things that need to get done before hand but nothing that we can start on now.

I can't wait!

: )
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am

Where in CA are you going? Or how far down? Exciting!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:02 pm

We'll be about 3 hours north of LA for a wedding. There is a really small chance that we might get a tour of SpaceX (I mean, really really small), but if that happens we'll be going even further south.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Hey guys and hey Bob,

I'm still around, sort of. I haven't abandoned Pweb. Things have just been really busy and really tough, and I don't have a lot of energy. I'm trying to get my dissertation written by the end of the year and Nom is exhausting and it's harvest/canning season and yeah. I miss you all and I'll be back, I promise.

EL
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:47 pm

*hugs*
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Take care of you, Ali!

(Miss you, too. :) )

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 am

Dear Bob,

This weekend was really, really, really hard. I spent all day Saturday crying. I hate being pregnant. I despise it. I loathe it.

I can't wait for our little girl to get here, but seriously, this is terrible. I am so sick (Almost 26 weeks! STILL NAUSEOUS. What. the. hell). I am so exhausted. And now the physical pains have started too, so my legs and my back and everything is painful and it is so, so hard to get out of bed in the morning and go through the motions of my days.

David works for the state government on a project that is getting national news coverage, and it is failing. He worked all weekend. He's working 14 hours days during the week and coming home and working some more. He had a mandatory conference call last night at 10:30. On a Sunday night. And then went into the office this morning at 6:00am and probably won't be home until 8:00pm, where he will then continue to work from home until like, midnight. He isn't eating, because he's in back to back meetings and doesn't have time to get his damn sandwich from the refrigerator down the hall. I am so worried about him. He is beyond burnt out, and unfortunately it doesn't look like things are going to slow down anytime soon. I am trying so hard to be supportive, and I'm doing everything I can, but my reserves are limited. David feels the same way about me. He wants to be supportive and take care of me during this terrible pregnancy, and right now he just doesn't have the ability to do that. We both miss each other like crazy and feel guilty and sad and lonely.

The apartment is a disaster because neither of us has the time or energy to attend to it. We're eating like crap, because neither of us has the time or energy to cook.

My therapist resigned. I have an appointment with a new one, but not for a month. I am despairing at the idea of starting all over with someone new. I am scared I won't feel comfortable with the new one the way I did with the last one. I am wondering if a month is too long to go without seeing someone, but I don't really have another option.

I am floundering at work because I'm so sick and stressed that I can't focus. I can't afford to fall behind again when I should be starting to get ahead to prep for my maternity leave.

I am homesick and miss my family desperately and am so freaking terrified of giving birth suddenly.

I need help, but the people I am comfortable asking for help are not available to help me. David's family is wonderful and willing to help, but I don't know how to ask them. I don't even know what I need.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 am

:( *hugs* I really wish something would give, with a positive outcome, for you and David.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 am

In all my travels in life I've never come up against anyone more resilient and tuff as a first time mother. You're gonna rock this!

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:40 am

Sometimes when people are nice to me when I'm feeling really vulnerable, I start crying like a fool because it's so overwhelming to be shown kindness when everything feels so terrible.

In other words, thanks to Alea and buckshot, and everyone who reached out to me privately, or may comment in the future. It. means. so. much.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 pm

I really can't imagine what you are going through but I know you will find the strength to make it through and will end up with the most wonderful reward in the end. Talk to us as much as you want, if/when you need someone to talk to. *lots of hugs*

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:56 pm

I've recently been through the "bursting into tears when someone is nice and I'm miserable". Sympathy!

And so much sympathy for the pregnancy. I didn't have it so bad, and it still sucked. Soon it will be over, I promise!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

<<huge hugs>>

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:18 am

Hey Bob" I'm at the mill office today catching up on grain buying, markets whatever and I was on the USDA website checking against Portland prices and bam! the site shuts down and a page comes up saying USDA is down due to the shutdown! This is nuts, when are these dumb idiots going to quit blaming each other and fix whats in front of them. BS deluxe!

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 am

Hi Bob,

It's been a while, but this is too ridiculous to not write about it. I have had this interview for, while not a dream job, a better one than my current one, on my schedule for the past month due to apparently some scheduling conflict. Meaning I've had a month to stress and be anxious and wake up sweating going "OH GOD DID IT HAPPEN AND I FORGOT?"

So anyway, the interview is today. Last night I basically got dressed in my pajamas and realized I was just itchy all over. I didn't think anything of it until I was starting to fall asleep and was just itchy as heck. Trying to make myself not scratch while I fell asleep was nearly impossible, and I basically didn't get much sleep last night, especially when combined with nerves.

When I finally got up this morning and looked in the mirror, my entire body was covered in hives. Chest, stomach, armpits, arms, knuckles, neck, butt, legs. Everything.

So that leads to two possible reasons, since it started before I got in bed (and thank god it didn't start when I was in bed or I would be freaking out about possible bugs or something): either a nervous reaction to stress, or food allergy.

And I ate a few unusual things yesterday, including a peanut sauce sandwich at lunch, and a gyro with tzatziki, and an avocado. Both of those at dinner. So prime for allergic-reaction time.

Basically I don't want to be allergic to avocados. And I'm covered in hives. With an interview in a little over an hour.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 am

Thought that kinda thing only happened to me. :wink: Good luck with the interview!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:42 pm

I hope you had some antihistamines! How did the interview go??

Return to “Milagre Town Square”