Favorite Line

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Mandachuva
Launchie
Launchie

Favorite Line

Postby Mandachuva » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 pm

piggy walks in room....first time many of the people have seen one...

"excuse me. does this mean we should plant him now?"

referring to Miro, who was presumably dead.

I laughed sooo hard at this.

Srobison825
Launchie
Launchie
First Joined: 27 Sep 2012

Re: Favorite Line

Postby Srobison825 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:46 pm

I think my favorite was in..uh...shadow of the hegemon? (I'm a little scrambled since I've been reading them all again for the first time in years) when Achilles has the kidnapped battle schoolers and he gives some order or ultimatum...to which someone "farts loudly" in response. :thumbs:
One mind can think only of its own questions; it rarely surprises itself. -Bean, ES

Beanie Boy
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Beanie Boy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am

Oh my gosh, I loved that line from Speaker for the Dead! My favorite piggie line in the entire book! I just gasped when I saw that, like I thought it was hilarious and horrifying at the same time. XD Wasn't it Mandachuva who said that? I couldn't remember if it was Mandachuva or Human.

One of my favorites is in Xenocide when Ender is thinking, "Am I the sum of my siblings? Or am I their difference? What is the arithmetic of my soul?" XD I thought that was cute.
"Remember, the enemy's gate is down." - Bean (Ender's Game)

"Demosthenes explained it to someon else. Someone who could have used Ender as no one else could have, to rule the world and make the world like it." - Colonel Graff (Ender's Game)

"Sickness and healing are in every heart. Death and deliverance are in every hand." - Ender (Speaker for the Dead)

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm

I love funny quotations, I go through the books and mark all the pages, here are some from Shadow Puppets,

"My mother told me," said Petra,"that Bean is the kind of boy who has to grow on you."

"The Netherlands was back to being a civilized place, now that it was self-governing again, and lines were respected. Apparently the dutch now prided themselves on being better at queues than the English which was absurd because standing in line was the English national sport."

"What, then, you'll just wait for the whole world to convert to Islam and then beg to be admitted to your new world order?"
"yes," said Alai. "That's just what we'll do."
"As plans go," said Petra, "that's about the most self-delusional one I've ever heard of."

"Petra, you think you aren't going to see me again but I'm pretty sure you are."
"Do you realize how it scares me that you are only pretty sure."
"I could die of appendicitis on the plane on the way to Ribeirao. I'm never more than pretty sure of anything."

"I'm pretty sure," said Bean,"that it was an explosion."
"Of what?"
"Of the bomb you just tried to give," said Bean,"Inside a containment chamber."
Achilles tried, for a moment to look innocent. "I don't know what you...."
Then he realized that there was no point in feigning innocence when the thing had just exploded. He pulled the remote detonator out of his pocket, pressed the button a couple of times. "Damn all this modern technology, nothing ever works right." He grinned at Bean. "Got to give me credit for trying."
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”