Insomniac (formerly with Vampire Hunter D)

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 am

Up at 5am. Ugggg. I am not one who gets out of bed when I can't sleep, but tonight I am just too tossy and turny.

It sucks that pregnancy makes you not able to sleep and a brand new baby will make you really not able to sleep.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:55 am

I'm feeling sick after my anniversary dinner of rich food that i'm not used to. I'm also obsessing over something i shouldn't have confided to a friend today. But i can't call her about it til tomorrow so i'm up and posting this from my phone in bed at 4am, waiting for the rolaids and klonopin to kick in.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:37 am

posting this from my phone in bed at 4am
That is a great reason to keep me in the technological dark age. The last thing I need is another way to stay connected to Pweb; I'd never sleep or work if I could get it on my phone.

Oh, it's 3:37AM. I'm up because it seems the only way to get alone, quiet time with both my brother and my mom's boyfriend around is to sacrifice sleep time.

Which is the lesser of two evils: letting the inmates (thoughts) run the asylum or losing some sleepy time? Apparently, I can't sleep if my thoughts aren't processed properly. Less sleepy time, it is.
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:36 am

Grah.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:54 am

It's a normal morning time where I am, but you are not up at a decent hour. That sucks.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:45 am

I've been up since 4:30am. I'm chalking this up to nervous energy about leaving for CA today. But booo. Hopefully I'll sleep on the 6 hour plane ride.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:01 am

We're up late because 4:30am is too weird an hour to sleep until, and I can come home and sleep after the airport run.

Sort of involuntary insomnia, I guess.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 am

It's 2:06AM; do you know where your G D is?

Tossing and turning in bed, is where. How quickly I went from struggling to stay awake to struggling to fall asleep. I'll feel this later, when I'm closing in the evening instead of getting off at 5 like normal. Well, I feel tired now but my brain won't shut down. We'll see. With any luck, I'll find some relief waiting for me in the later AM. This is going to be okay. Things are going to be okay, now. I know it.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 am

Tossing and turning in bed, is where.
Well I was tossing and turning,
Turning and tossing,
Tossing and turning all night.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:21 pm

This is more like a narcolepsy post. I was so, so scared driving home tonight, I had the lively music up loud, was bellowing along with it, and STILL almost falling asleep. It was scary, but I had to get back somehow, by a certain time. I really, really want to never ever have that again.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:27 pm

One time we were driving home from the in-laws at night (it's about 2 hours away) and I could tell Brian was getting dangerously tired, despite caffeine intake. I thought about ways I could help him, since I was also too tired to drive. Inspiration struck and I let out a blood-curdling scream. Brian's adrenaline shot way up and he was wide awake the rest of the way home. Luckily, the kids slept right through the scream!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 pm

I would probably swerve the car off the road, but I bet it would be otherwise effective!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 am

Sort of deliberate insomnia tonight, since I work the night shift tomorrow night. Blah. But I got to level 52 on The Incredible Machine before my brain cut out.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 am

Instead of going to bed at a moderately decent hour like I should have, I discovered that while my phone may hate my computer, I can still send files the other way from computer to phone via bluetooth. So I've spent the past couple of hours playing with a free ringtone maker I found online.

First I tried Saeed, but after I made a loop that my perfectionist ears could tolerate, I discovered that it sounds awful on my phone's crappy speaker. Next I tried Ain't No Rest for the Wicked, but the chorus is too long to be a ringtone on my phone. Finally I made a loop I like and that my phone likes from Aerodynamic's guitar riff (around the 1:50 mark when the bass kicks in). So that's my new ringtone and I'm going to bed for real this time. :)
The enemy's fly is down.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Inspiration struck and I let out a blood-curdling scream.
Something else that also helps: almost hitting another car. If you can manage to do that, I assure you you'll be rather wide awake.

Emphasis on 'almost', but I suppose actually hitting another car would also wake you up, but be much less helpful.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 am

Third or fourth of insomnia :(

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 am

Running an experiment to see how long I can go without sleep. Most I've ever achieved is 24 hours before my will breaks, I proclaim to the world "f*** it!", and binge sleep.

Probably as long as I don't place myself in to a laying-down position then I'll be okay.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Out of curiosity, why?

I'm looking at the time right now and am concerned that I'll be facing another round of insomnia again tonight...
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:54 pm

NAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 am

I should go home and go to bed since I need to be up for work in five hours, but I'm not done catching up on/spamming Pweb yet...
The enemy's fly is down.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:37 pm

I've been sleeping pretty fitfully, lately. But tonight I woke up around 4, managed to toss and turn in some strange dreams where Darth Vader had a brief cameo, and woke up rather solidly by 5. Hurrah.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Seriously? Quarter to seven? There is no calling for that! I didn't go to bed that early!
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:52 am

strange dreams where Darth Vader had a brief cameo
Did he come down from the planet Vulcan and threaten to melt your brain if you didn't take Loraine to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance?!
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Fri May 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I am cherishing every moment of sleep while I can. Which isn't always much, but it's more than I can expect soon.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:34 am

Up at 4:30 again (that seems to be my usual in here), this time due to noisy, pouring rain. By the time 5:30 rolled around, my stomach was growling so I had to get up and eat a mini protein bar.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Total lack of sleep last night. Got some dissertation done, saw the labour ward and birth pool, talked to the midwife about labour because I missed the official class about it today.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 am

I had 3 nights of sleeping well in a row. That streak has ended.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Insomniac (formerly with Vampire Hunter D)

Postby steph » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 am

Man, I'm tired of being awake in the middle of the darn night every night!

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

I only slept 4-5 hours within the past 36 hours, and I woke up every hour during it anyway. I realized I had put my electric blanket on a low setting because I was freezing when I laid down, and when I woke up for good I was burning up and it was like 78 degrees in my house. Not ok.

Night shift messes me up so much. Only 4 more shifts then back to working days. Can't. wait.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Awww, poor Cath! I hope you get some good sleep soon. Take care of yourself, babe. *hugs*

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:03 pm

I do not know which member of P-web had the picture of Totoro but I thought that they would like this.
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:09 pm

I do not know which member of P-web had the picture of Totoro but I thought that they would like this.
Funny, but what does it have to do with Totoro?

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Ahhh @!##$%. That wasn't the picture at all.
Here it is.
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:38 pm

I do not know which member of P-web had the picture of Totoro
shadow-petra?
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 am

I don't so much have insomnia, but my sleep schedule is all messed up...

With no full-time job, no schedule at all outside of a two hour rehearsal on Monday nights, 8 hour work day on Wednesday, and two church services on Sunday, the only part of which requires I be up before noon being the Sunday bit, my sleep schedule goes crazy. I'll start off on a somewhat normal schedule, getting up sometime around 9am, going to bed sometime around 1. Then it starts to shift, going to bed later and later, until I'm going to bed around 9am and waking up at 5pm. Sometimes it goes further, going to bed at noon and waking up at 8. I do sleep 8 hours, unless I have somewhere to be on a particular day.

Then one of two things happens. Either I suddenly start getting tired early in the evening, around 11, or even 10. So tired that I cannot keep my eyes open. I'll stay up as long as I can, but usually end up going to bed before midnight. Sleep 8 hours from whatever time I went to bed and wake up. That starts the cycle over again.

Or, and this is the fun one, I get insomnia really bad, I might not sleep for 24-36 hours, and then I might get by on a couple of sets of 3-4 hours of sleep for a day or two, then I'm back at the beginning of the cycle. This one has only happened a couple of times in the past two years, the other is far more common, thankfully.

I can't even blame it on one thing. If I'm not on the interwebs, I'm watching tv or I'm playing PS3, or I'm reading, or I'm cleaning the apartment, or I'm doing something else, just normal everyday stuff that most people do during daylight hours, I do it whenever I happen to be up.

Right now, I'm up. Last night I was up until... 9? I guess I can't really say last night. Yesterday. Yesterday I was up until 9am. Slept until 5. Tonight I plan to try to go to bed by 5, because I do need to be up by noon or 1 tomorrow for my day of work. (Although, I could even sleep until 2 or 2:30, I don't have to be at work at a set time this week, no staff meeting, and could just stay late after rehearsal. I work at a local church as the choir director, by the way.)

Yeah, I'm pretty much just rambling at this point. I'd make a blog post instead of this long pointless thing, but I don't know that it would make a lot of sense right now. Oh well. I think I'll quit, for now. Yay, insane, messed up sleep schedule.

Edit:

Nope, getting to bed BEFORE 5am tonight! 4:20 (though, according to the clock on the wall it is 10 after, guess I need to put a new battery in that one). Goodnight/morning!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”