Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Postby Luet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 am

Double post...

+ My leopard gecko, Babe, loves to snuggle in my sports bra. She gets wedged in really tight so she feels safe.
- Occasionally, she wakes up and get scared because she can't move and her instinct is to bite whatever is closest. Not nice.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:48 am

Double post...

+ My leopard gecko, Babe, loves to snuggle in my sports bra. She gets wedged in really tight so she feels safe.
- Occasionally, she wakes up and get scared because she can't move and her instinct is to bite whatever is closest. Not nice.

Ouch. But I also have to admit, I may have laughed a little...I'm sorry.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 pm

It's okay, it doesn't really hurt. Her teeth are very, very small. She doesn't break the skin. :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 pm

thumbs up: king cake!
thumbs down: heater not working, again.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 pm

more pinch and shock then pain, right? Same as when Leo the Cow (my snake, thats what happens when the wrestling team helps you name your pets :) ) bites. a very rare occasion. She had bitten someone maybe 5 times in the 7 years I've had her and they were all out fault. Times that i had to pic her up even though I new she was agitated.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah, pretty much. The one time Babe really bit me out of fear/anger was when I rescued her and I had to take her out of her tank for the first time in 10 years. I got a scrape from her teeth kind of like a rug burn. Their teeth are almost invisible, kind of like a row of tiny velcro.

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Platypi007 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 am

Thumbs up: Internet is working again, no more latency issues! They installed a new line just now.
Thumbs down: The end of two years of free cable TV thanks to their removing the filter when it broke. They put a new one on with the new line.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Thumbs up: I got accepted to an internship for this summer! Mayo graduate school!

Thumbs down: They want to hear back from me within the week, and I won't hear back from any other internships for a few more weeks. What if Germany wants me too?
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Thumbs Up: Payday!

Thumbs Up: I haven't seen a check this "big" since...well, okay, it's not as big as when I was teaching but it's more than I made in AZ.

Thumbs Up: I worked 22 hours less than I did in AZ over the course of two weeks to earn that extra money.

Thumbs Down: I won't always make this amount; I can do extra hours until the end of April but then I'm back down to what they hired me at.

Thumbs Up: Even so, even at the hours they hired me at, I will have enough money to cover rent, phone, electricity, internet, train fare, and groceries and have enough to play with or put away, without touching my savings money...which is only half of the money I actually have in my entire bank account.

Thumbs Down: Despite electing direct deposit, I still got my first check as a physical check. Now I need to find a bank around here that won't charge me to put my money in my bank account. I may just mail it home and have my mom do it for me. Hopefully it only requires one paying cycle to make the switch or whatever.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Thumbs up: Successful road trip - at least four new birds, maybe five.
Thumbs down: Despite it having all the makings of a good day, I still found myself on the verge of tears for most of it. Just a blink away, you know?
Thumbs up: I got to talk to Cath for the last hour of my drive. I :love: Cath!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Thumbs up: Successful road trip - at least four new birds, maybe five.
Thumbs down: Despite it having all the makings of a good day, I still found myself on the verge of tears for most of it. Just a blink away, you know?
Thumbs up: I got to talk to Cath for the last hour of my drive. I :love: Cath!
:thumbs: (except for me middle one.)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Thumbs Up: Saw zero this weekend in his stomping grounds. It was really strange but really awesome seeing his world and having it become more real.
Thumbs Up: His roommate didn't seem to hate me; he might have even thought I was an okay human being. This is a huge step up from the last set of friends I had to meet. It was really nice.
Thumbs Up: Came home and there was fun mail waiting for me.

Thumbs Down: My life can be humiliating in some ways; I always wonder, in the middle of these humiliations, if anyone else has moments just like them.

Thumbs Up: Have Cubs tickets for May. Very excited to watch a game at Wrigley.

Thumbs Down: I need to do the dishes. This would be less a pain in the ass if I could find a sink stopper anywhere at all.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm

You should get tickets for the end of July so that I'd have an excuse (as if I really needed one) to come up there. ;)
The enemy's fly is down.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Thumbs Up: Looking more like an adult! (As substantiated by a Pwebber lol)

Thumbs Down: Not yet feeling like an adult...I still haven't learned how to drive. And, I still haven't been in a semi-insecure place on my own or just with a group of friends. Still acting like my parents should have a say in stuff like Spring Break plans. But, I'm officially not a teen anymore. So...it's time to start putting my foot down.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 am

You should get tickets for the end of July so that I'd have an excuse (as if I really needed one) to come up there. ;)

ha! Like I can afford to buy tickets for every Pwebber who says they'll come visit.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Thumbs up: It's officially shorts weather (in the afternoons at least).

Thumbs down: Shorts weather means I no longer have any motivation to study for any of my classes ever again.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Platypi007 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 am

Thumbs up: It's officially shorts weather (in the afternoons at least).

Thumbs down: Shorts weather means I no longer have any motivation to study for any of my classes ever again.
Haha, yeah, I remember spring days when I was in undergrad. It became increasingly harder to go back to classes after lunchtime. Usually my friends and I would eat our lunch outside on the lawn and the temptation was to just relax there for hours.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 am

I dried my laundry outside today!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 am

Ali, I have ALWAYS wanted to do that but have never had the opportunity! Yay!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

And I have also always wanted to do that but as soon as it is warm enough the pollen is also flying and my allergies prevent me from doing so. Stupid allergies.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I grew up with my mom hanging the laundry on the line any time it was warm and dry enough. It's just the way life goes, for me! It's harder to do here because of the rain, but when I can, I want to. Also, cheaper!!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Thumbs up: I finally figured out how to comfortably sit in my roommate's hammock.
Thumbs down: I got too comfortable, fell asleep, and officially have two half-sunburnt legs to show for it. Left sides of my knees are particularly roasted.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 am

Thumbs Up: Got called this morning and told not to come in today because it would have resulted in my working 9 days straight and it's against the law, apparently. I was/am so tired (sorry folks who have to do longer stretches...I'm a socializing wimp), so the idea of staying at the apartment and cleaning and reading instead of going to work is like a dream come true.

Thumbs Down: Could have used the extra cash. I don't need it but it would have been nice to have more play money. It's not like I won't waste today, anyway.

Thumbs Up: This already easy week just got easier. Thursday is storytime, desk coverage, and website stuff and Friday is all staff day (no patrons!!). Then the weekend. The beautiful, beautiful weekend.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Thumbs Up: Had Mediterranean for the first time today. It was pretty tasty; my mouth enjoyed it well enough.
Thumbs Down: My stomach did not. I had a rather unenjoyable walk home.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:24 am

Thumbs down: Money is a little tight right now, between bills, rent payments, the way nate's paychecks fell and moving expenses.

Thumbs up: I sold a textbook I was going to give away for $75. Now I can buy the Harry Potter ebooks for the trip!
-Kim

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 am

[+] Took tomorrow off work and David & I are driving up to the cabin for the long weekend, just the two of us! We haven't had that much alone time together (or even HALF as much) in over a year at this point!

[-] Forecast says major major thunderstorms all weekend long.

[+] Expecting phone call from Llewellyn this afternoon. Can't imagine it's anything other than good news of one kind or another.

[-] Waiting for things like that makes me physically ill. So anxious and nervous and nauseous.

[-] What if I'm wrong and it's BAD news? Because, honestly, I kind of can't take that right now. Or ever again.

[+] Even though it's 10:19 AM right now, the sky is pitch black and a HUGE thunder storm is rolling in. I just want to go to the window and watch it. With a blanket and some tea. And a book. And a couch and the cat and David.

[-] But instead I am at work, pretending to be productive while actually trying not puke out of nervousness.

[-] It's now been months since I've read a book. Seriously. Months. Plural. WTF.

[+] I feel attractive again.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Thu May 03, 2012 3:43 pm

[+] I feel attractive again.
This gets a big thumbs up :thumbs:

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Thumbs up: Got a shiny new iPhone 4S today.
Thumbs down: Lost access to a voicemail from Boy that I've had saved for two years...

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Thumbs Up: Got a lot of work done this weekend. Finalized a big, due soon project.

Thumbs Down: Not. I thought I was done, emailed what I thought was a quick support question, and was told I had to start over. Completely. I hate you, Evanced.

Thumbs Up: At least I did finish the PR stuff.

Thumbs Up: A coworker came to see me today just to say how much she looks forward to Mondays so she can read my latest staff blog entry. That was nice.

Thumbs Down: I have another project due in about a week and a half that I haven't started and I have no idea where to start. In theory it's not hard but argh. This is my big project for Thursday/Friday, after I re-do the one I have to start over on.

Thumbs Up: A patron needed help today and when I was called to the floor to help, she said, "Oh, she helped me last time. She's very good at this." Provided a nice boost after the disappointing Evanced news.

Thumbs Way Up: f****** is coming to town on Thursday!!

Thumbs Down: I still have to go to work Friday.

Thumbs Up: My boy will be coming to town on Friday-almost-Saturday!

Thumbs Up: I get to see Doc-Josh again on Saturday! And maybe brain-Josh. And maybe Noodle, too!

Thumbs Up: No more dept. meetings until August, so two months of not having to read specifically for a meeting.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue May 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Sounds like a net "plus", Alea! Awesome!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Thumbs Down: Not. I thought I was done, emailed what I thought was a quick support question, and was told I had to start over. Completely. I hate you, Evanced.
Done! Again! I think! The good news is, I had so much practice getting it just right the first time through that the second time went much faster.

So, yeah. Mostly a plus, indeed. :)

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Tue May 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Thumbs Way Up: f****** is coming to town on Thursday!!
This sounds like a huge negative for you...just sayin'
I don't want to do things. I want to not do things.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 pm

What in the hell are you talking about? I miss that guy like whoa and can't wait to see him! Nothing negative about it, save for the fact that I'm prepared to be accused of attempted murder this weekend.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:09 am

Thumbs down: Awake way too freakishly early on a Saturday
Thumbs up: Found the city library
Thumbs up: I can get an out-of-state visitor library card for $10
Thumbs I-don't-know: Apparently I can order groceries online and have them delivered. This is weird to me.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue May 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Thumbs Up: I had a fantastic weekend in AZ with my family. I saw my parents, all my brothers, and my midgets and monkeys.

Thumbs Down: I had to say bye to my dogs. Again. Argh, so hard.

Thumbs Up: I see my mom again in a few weeks and my dad in a little less than two months.

Thumbs Up: I got all the things in AZ that I couldn't find or haven't found replacements to here (as in food items).

Thumbs Down: Pretty sure I gained a crapload of weight back.

Thumbs Up: Worth it!

Thumbs Down: I didn't talk to zero much over the past 4 days because of traveling and timezone differences.

Thumbs Up: I'll see him this weekend.

Thumbs Up: I brought back my Sharpies!! (And other assorted goodies)

Thumbs Down: My carry-on bag was so heavy, I struggled to get it into the overhead bin and actually hit myself in the face trying to get it up. I also lost, for good this time, my earpin in the process.

Thumbs Down: Very little sleep over the weekend, including today, which sucks because tonight is my night at work.

Thumbs Up: Tomorrow is my day off.

Thumbs Down: Before a long stint, including the weekend when zero will be here, and I have to spend tomorrow catching up on laundry.

Thumbs Up: Still, it was all worth it.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”