Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Re: Complete Randomness

Postby Mich » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:45 am

I dreamt last night that, in a pique of annoyance, I temporarily shut Jane's earpiece thing off. It's a moment from Speaker that has always stuck with me, in some fearful way. The pain of it. Anyway, in the dream I then was transported to Ansible-land and was there to experience her freak-out. The dream moved on eventually, but I think there was a quest to win her trust back. A fruitless one.

Haven't had an EG-related dream in a long, long time. Though I'm genuinely surprised I haven't had one about that before. And I've apparently been thinking about it all day, because here it is bedtime again.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 am

Sounds like a pretty intense dream. Most of my EG related dreams have been weird things like the band room at my old high school getting turned into the battleroom and having to practice null-g movements in there.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Habemus Papam!! Cardinal Bergoglio is now Pope Francis I.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm

yeah a new Pope! I hope he's not a billion years old already!

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:22 pm

He's 76, so on the older side. That said, it was an old pope who instigated the biggest shake up in recent Church history, so age doesn't have to mean anything!
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:10 pm

For anyone who wishes to see the new place marginally settled, pictures/video were posted. :) I have a wall by my lounge that has pictures of some of you I've met; it's a favorite wall.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Apologies in advance for the excessive number of comments I'm about to post on your Facebook. Yay for pictures!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:18 pm

zero let me cut his hair yesterday. I don't mean just a little snip, either. It was pretty nerve-wracking, especially since the only scissors he had were on a Swiss Army knife and I kind of stabbed his ear a few times.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:29 pm

He is a brave and trusting soul. Not to say you are bad at cutting hair (I'm sure it looks great), but I would never let anyone come at my hair with pocket knife scissors.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

wow thats trust!
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 pm

I'd say it looks surprisingly well done considering it was done with Swiss Army knife scissors and moderately well done considering I have no experience cutting hair with any scissors. At least he doesn't look bad, which is all we were hoping for.

I did tell him if I did a bad enough job, he could take the Swiss Army knife scissors to my hair but we both decided that was more punishment for him because my hair is very thick and would take a lot of effort to mess up with those scissors.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Oooh the curse and blessing of thick hair

I have thick hair too and did have a particularly memorable incident of getting one of those free picture day combs stuck in my hair while trying to brush it our for the photo, I had to cut the comb apart as well as a bit of hair to get it out :oops:
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 am

*double post*
* ^^^^_^/*_^^/^_^^_^/^^_*_<>_^/*^_^/*_^/*^^^^_^^/0_ *

*^^^^_*^_<>_ ^^/*_^/*_^^/^_<> _^^^^_*_^^^_^/*_^^^^_*_<> _^^/0_*^^^_*^^^^_^/*^^^^_<> _^/*^^ ^^_*_^/^^^^_^^^^_<> _^/^^^_*_<> _^_<> _^/*^_^/*^^^_*^^^^_^^/^^_^_^^/0_*_<> _^/^^^_*_^/*^^^ ^_^/*^^^^_^_*^^_*_<> _^^/^^^_*^^^^_^^/0_*^^^_<> _^^/0_*^^^_*_<> _^^^_^/*_^^^^_*_<> _^^/^^ ^_^/*_^/*^^^_^^^^_<> _^^_^/^^_^_^^^_^/^_^/*^^^^_^^/0_^^/^_^^_^^_^/*_^/*^^^_^/^^^^_^/*^^ ^_^/*_^^^_^/^_

ok so this isn't total randomness but it looks pretty random...
Last edited by TerresaWiggin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 am

Don't stretch the screen. The spacebar is your friend.
The enemy's fly is down.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:24 am

it was partly nessasary this time but I reworked it and the text should still be decently readable...

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Neil Patrick Harris was Doogie Howser?! How on earth did I go through 22 years of life without knowing this? He is so adorable!

In my defense, I wasn't exactly watching TV when the show aired, but still.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:43 am

Neil Patrick Harris was Doogie Howser?! How on earth did I go through 22 years of life without knowing this?
I honestly don't know and that makes this the second thing in the past 24 hours that I've thought was common knowledge sort of stuff that someone didn't know, that totally blew my mind.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu May 02, 2013 12:01 am

Our son Jake got me a 1947 FARMALL CUB tractor for my b day a little late but I'm thrilled it's in real good shape and the engine turns and is quite complete. We had one like it long ago and used it like a big garden tractor for many years, I think most of the kids learned to drive on the thing. It's kinda funny how I like to restore old tractors, I seem to get em done pretty fast too as there are rarely many dents to fix and no interior work to do, just a couple knobs ,switches and the seat cover.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat May 04, 2013 10:38 am

So, my aunt is babysitting her grandkids and also one of their cousins. So, these two thirteen-ish year olds are playing with Atty's various Fisher Price products and exclaiming over them and wishing that THEY'D had toy planes when THEY were kids, all I got was a stupid dollhouse, etc., etc., and then I walked in and one of them turned to me and announced, "We just rammed the plane into the zoo to recreate 9-11 on a child's scale."

And I laughed/snorted reflexively, because, WHAT?

And I realized. THEY REALLY DON'T REMEMBER. They truly, truly have NO CONCEPT of the traumatic before/after that was, because they were Atty's age before, and as the girl told me, "Yeah, we've grown up our whole lives on September Ninth hearing about Nine Eleven."

"You mean September Eleventh?"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah."

My mind is just boggled.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:05 pm

This seems relevant: http://xkcd.com/647/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat May 04, 2013 11:23 pm

starlooker: Its one of the interesting things to think about, being from the after generation and never being apart of the before generation. Its very true that for our generation 911 will always exist, but it will do so as a story, a horrific tale that doesn't seem a part of reality. To us it will never be more than a story. Maybe that is good, but in its own way it is sad as well...

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun May 05, 2013 8:28 am

I just ordered this as a present for my niece:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1026195382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She is collecting all of the Animorph Transformers. It seemed appropriate that I get her the hawk. :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:30 am

I just ordered this as a present for my niece:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1026195382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She is collecting all of the Animorph Transformers. It seemed appropriate that I get her the hawk. :)
Your niece must be super cool. Animorphs are/were awesome.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 am

Oh man, I completely forgot the Transformers of those existed. That is way awesome of both of you.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun May 05, 2013 1:31 pm

:D
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue May 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Spock and Spock shill a car. Or something.

The enemy's fly is down.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm

an list of random things said at the cast party today

I LOVE dogs

Cassie is dead in Nevada (not pweb Cassie, or my friend Cassie, it was my friends dog Cassie)

She killed him with a spoon

We keep hitting the dog with the swing...

I think you should eat a dead squirrel

Are you singing love songs to a dog? (A=yes)

Eleanor can I bite you?

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Intelligence is knowing not to put it in the fruit salad.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 am

Get this! Last week right outa the plane when I get back fron up north my girls Sarah n Kylie take me to the Macklamore concert at their school! I had fun but I always feel a bit strange in a big sea of people, it's kinda hard to blend in when youre kinda great big. I did have a lot of young college girls asking to get on my shoulders ,one offered to show me her boobs but I was starting to get looks from my girls. I guess I had a great time with Sarah n Ky I don't expect a lot of Dads get to go to (or want to) concerts with their pop but whatever.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Fun! Macklemore was the spring concert at St Mikes this year and a lot of my friends went. He also visited a student with leukemia who was in the hospital and unable to make the show!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Hard to beat a bright sunny day and a great cigar! :thumbs:

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 pm

not true it was 109 the other day

now add a gold glass of something taste, and your back to great :thumbs:
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 am

I keep hearing how we are all in it deep over the loss of bees worldwide and had been waiting for the locust trees at the farm to bloom to see if there was a big difference in the bee world. A local beekeeper had a bunch of hives he kept in our lower pasture for years and he quit last year so the domestic bees are gone. So most years when our locusts bloom ya can barely hear in the yard for the bees buzzing in the trees and this year I see damn few honey bees and a bunch of bumblers but not the billions there used to be. Maybe we are in trouble!

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 am

Ok so I'm not into the whole spirit animal thing, if you are, that's cool, just not my thing. HOWEVER. I have had countless dreams that involve a huge (not like abnormally huge but like a large normal size) bengal tiger. He's always following my at a distance, never super close, and only once was he moving fast and that was because I was running through some woods and I kept catching glimpses of him keeping pace with me through the trees. Normally he's just doing that lumbering, slinking tiger kind of walk following me, or once I was trapped on a little raft thing and he was pacing back and forth on shore. He's never aggressive but I always feel like I have a healthy fear of him, not to the point that I'm freaking out, just an awareness of him being there and a slight nervousness. I'm sure I'm some psychoanalysts dream, it's probably like textbook something or other disorder haha.

I started writing down my dreams right when I woke up (even at 2am or whatever) so that I could remember them, now I just remember almost all of them, super vividly without having to write them down. Could be a good ro bad thing depending on the dream. I think it's pretty cool. I kind of just wanna know what the heck my big ol' tiger freind wants, maybe he's just my subconcious' Hobbes!
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:11 am

This was just sent to me and I think it is sooooo cool

::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:47 am

Can't think of anything better than the feel, sound and smell of big round piston pounding Pratt and Whitney radial engines screaming on either side of me as I "fly around the patch" this morning. I love it but it's a shame not to share the feeling, not that I mind flying alone.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”