Superman vs Batman

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Who wins in a fight?

Superman
30%
Batman
70%

Total votes: 23

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm

Double post:

No Spiderman vs. Batman. Marvel and DC stay separate. Boo for crossovers.
I'm sorry, but your prior insistence that Aquaman is cool disqualifies you from participating in this thread. :P

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:09 pm

I have no problems with crossovers...

As for the ones that have been mentioned, I think that neo is right about Batman vs Spider-man. All depends on whether it was planned or not.

As for the suggest Superman vs Wolverine fight... It would last half a second and Superman would win each time. Sure Wolverine is hard to kill, but he can sure as hell be knocked out. Even when holding back Superman would move at speeds far too fast for Wolverine to be able to deal with. Wolverine against Batman would be a much more interesting fight.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:42 pm

I'm going to have to side with Batman. Even without Kryponite, (which i think should be disqualified because of how it unbalances the fight so much), Batman more cunning, and knows how to sap Superman's strength. All he'd have to do is to lead Superman into an ambush situation where Superman is blocked off from the sun and surrounded by red light, simulating the sun of krypton. This would reduce Superman to a normal person, where Batman would definately have the advantage.

John, you mentioned Superman has 4 weaknesses... red light and kryptonite are two, whats the other ones?
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:51 pm

Red solar radiation to be precise... and yes, it was one of the weaknesses, although nowadays I am not sure how effective it is. Hell, for that matter, and for the same reason, I am not all that sure how effective kryptonite is...

I see no reason why kryptonite would have to be ruled out. It sure gives Batman an edge, but Superman has a knack of surviving kryptonite attacks. I think that kryptonite is just about the only reason that Batman would have a chance at all.

As for his other weaknesses, they are magic and people. Superman is screwed with magic users, although I have to admit that the level of trouble it causes seems to differ depending on the situation. As for his people weakness, it is that he is so obsessed with helping people that that can be used against him, but if Superman were to go rogue it would not be an issue. Also, Batman would be somewhat hesitant to use them, although he did in Hush.

AnthonyByakko
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby AnthonyByakko » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:20 am

My thought: there would never be a fair fight between Batman and Superman. Because if there was ever a fight, it would be over something like Superman turning evil or something. And while that certainly does mean Superman would stop "playing nice" as some have put it, Batman would never just walk up and have a row with him. Batman is above all a Ninja; there would be a plan, and it wouldn't involve a fistfight. With almost unlimited disposable income, a willingness to do whatever it takes, and stealth, deception, cunning (and some kryptonite) as his weapons, Batman may not "win a fight" with Supes - but Supes would lose.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 am

Why does everyone assume one would have to go bad? They would both be on what they think is the right side of a complicated issue. Both could be totally convinced they were being the good guy, and the other wasn't. Look at Civil War in Marvel.
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:31 am

Actually, recently Superman and Batman had some serious issues over a number of things that might have brought them to blows. For instance, Neo mentioned the time that Ra'as stole Batman's plans and used them to take down the JLA.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:05 am

heh adding another webcomic to my list, going through the archives. this comic made me think of this thread.
Ubernaustrum

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:08 am

Why does everyone assume one would have to go bad? They would both be on what they think is the right side of a complicated issue. Both could be totally convinced they were being the good guy, and the other wasn't. Look at Civil War in Marvel.
I wish someone had stated that sooner.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:23 pm

Yeah, me too. You should have, jeebs, you dropped the ball on that one.

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:22 pm

I got a kick out of this. Cameron is Superman, and I'm Batman...at least, those are nicknames we used for eachother...
Good to see I'm winning :P

Seiryu
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Seiryu » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:02 pm

I remember the crappy Superman cartoon back in the 90s did a crossover with Batman and Superman and when they first met, Batman beat the s*** out of Superman.

Okay, if we're talking about a deathmatch, then Superman hands down, but if we're talking about a simple knockout brawl or surrender, Batman has Superman beat.
I don't believe in fairies!
(Dresden's battle cry going against fairies in book 4.)

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:04 am

Have you guys ever read "Red Son"?

*Spoilers*

A Superman who had fallen in a collectivist farm in Ukraine becomes the hero of the Soviet Union. A kid whose parents had been killed in a Stalinist purge becomes Batman, an anarchist terrorist (while his powers are very much like Batman's, his phylosophy is a mixture of Batman's and V (of Vendetta)).
Batman wins, using a simulated light of a red sun (funding came from enemies of Superman within the Communist Party). But the loyalty of Wonder Woman saves Superman.

*\Spoilers*

It's a great comic, i've enjoyed it immensely. And it's your only chance to see Lex as a hero... kind of...

pineapple_princess
Launchie
Launchie

Postby pineapple_princess » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:09 am

Yes, I have read "Red Son"... it rocks!
Yes, I am hive_king's sister. And yes, I can cook.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”