Who do you think should play Ender?

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
mazer
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Rackham

Postby mazer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 am

this thread is pointless for about four years because the children who will play them are born yet.

or just now born hopefully :D :D

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 am

This has been going on for quite some time now, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but every time, I think of this picture.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:37 am

After seeing hairspray, Zac Efron :wink:
I'd puke if that happened.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

akrolsmir
Launchie
Launchie

Postby akrolsmir » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Get two brilliant actors to marry young, "so the gene mix is very good".
lolz. I forgot the exact quote.
Anyways, hopefully in 8 years the movie will be made, when the child is perfect for the acting.

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 pm

As long as it isn't that Freddie kid who's in everyting. I can't STAND him.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Freddie Highmore? He's 16 according to Wikipedia. By the time filming begins, I doubt he'd still be able to look like a nine year old.
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

seanywack
Launchie
Launchie

Postby seanywack » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:34 pm

heres a thought: nathan gamble for either ender or bean
and how about a cameo of jaden smith?

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:12 am

I haven't seen Gamble in anything other than the Batman movies that I remember, and his role was so minor, I couldn't judge his ability to pull it off, but he's close enough to what I envision Ender looking like.

Jaden's too "cute" to play Bean, and probably too tall. Finding a kid who's small enough, looks like he grew up on the streets of Rotterdam, and could pull off Keyzer Soze is going to be a challenge. Bean might end up pretty marginalized because of that.
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:22 am

Oh my gosh, if they made a movie, I have the perfect kid to play Ender.

He isn't famous or anything (actually, he's a kid that I help coach during swim team), but he could totally relate to the character, which I think is easier for kid actors.

He is sooooo perfect. He's a cute little kid (five or six years old) with blonde hair, he's very athletic, and smart, and (poor kid), he sometimes gets picked on by the other kids who will sometimes gang up on him. I absolutely love him, but i think the other kids resent him for being good and better than them. Just like Ender.

I just felt like sharing that with you guys...
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Eh, now that you mention it, pulling off Ender might be harder than Bean. I can only think of a few adult actors, and those I can think of are all very, very old, who could convince me that they have the emotional capacity to come to know someone so well that they love them as much as their own life, and are still capable of destroying every remnant of their existence.

On top of that, still managing to be a little kid, afraid (with more reason than most) of his siblings, parents, bullies, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I think doing this convincingly might be impossible.
-Alan Watts

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 pm

Doing just about any of the Ender series into a movie would be just about impossible. There is way to much of any one person just mentally thinking to them selves, that no one would ever understand anything unless they had read the books.... The shadow series, maybe, but not the speaker. I don't know if I made myself clear...... its hard to explain.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Oh my gosh, if they made a movie, I have the perfect kid to play Ender.

He isn't famous or anything (actually, he's a kid that I help coach during swim team), but he could totally relate to the character, which I think is easier for kid actors.

He is sooooo perfect. He's a cute little kid (five or six years old) with blonde hair, he's very athletic, and smart, and (poor kid), he sometimes gets picked on by the other kids who will sometimes gang up on him. I absolutely love him, but i think the other kids resent him for being good and better than them. Just like Ender.

I just felt like sharing that with you guys...
Wow, he does sound perfect. This is the problem I think casting directors are going to have if EG ever gets made into a movie. More than likely they'll fall into the pitfall of auditioning kids with some actual degree of background in acting. Realistically, they would never think to give that kid you teach swim class to who has vaguely gone through a similar experience to Ender and kinda resembles him a shot. That's the problem with movies today, they're so constrained by ensuring commercial success that they don't take the time to go to swim meets and really find the true talent any more.

HeatherDanger
Launchie
Launchie

Postby HeatherDanger » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm

When they finally get around to making this movie they are really going to have to sacrafice Ender's age. Despite how much I woul love for them to stuck to the book, finding one child actor who can pull off the dialog, characterization and the physical demands if going to be impossible. Even if you get a 7 year old who looks 5, he's going to be flailing around and smackin into things. Not to mention how fast those damn kids grow. I mean, unless you put them on an I V drip of pure caffine to stint theit growth.

I'm going to guess that Ender will most likely be around 8 or 9 in the film. Which will still work but still depresses me.

hkobb7
Launchie
Launchie

It's vital...

Postby hkobb7 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:45 pm

It's vital that whomever is chosen to play the role of Ender (hell, everyone else too) understands the role that he or she is playing. That means intelligent actors. :( I guess this movie won't happen after all....even if there were such a thing as a truly intelligent child actor, who's to say anyone but a prodigy could understand that role at that age? If you take that into consideration, then it would be necessary to find at least two very intelligent child actors, as well as another ten who are above average.

Like I said. :(

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”