Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Fake job postings that exist to spam you and charge you money without warning.

I think I am never again applying online to any place that doesn't list their physical address.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Fake job postings that exist to spam you and charge you money without warning.

I think I am never again applying online to any place that doesn't list their physical address.
I've never had one that has cost me money, but i've had plenty where I end up getting bombarded with spam and phone calls. It's very frustrating and makes me think nothing is legit anymore.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:30 am

Telemarketers. I don't have to answer the phone but, when the phone rings I think it's importent and, it's just a telemarketer.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 am

Bullying.

These people are between the ages of 23 and 27, shouldn't they be past bullying by now?!

Uuuuuuuuuugh.
-Kim

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

Insomnia. AGAIN. Severe. No sleep at all. This is HIGHLY unusual for me. I am pissed.

Losing things. Particularly: Favorite cosmetic items (which would've helped disguise the lack-of-sleep), favorite pen.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 am

Being disappointed, even after you told yourself to prepare for the worst but hope for the best.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/2 ... 43964.html

the Oklahoma legislature has passed law mandating that anyone receiving an early term abortion have an ultrasound probe shoved up their vagina to give the pregnant woman a better view of the fetus.

I wonder if this will open up the person shoving the implement into the woman's vagina to a rape with an object? I wonder if it opens up the legislators who voted to shove probes into women's vaginas as accessories to rape with an object?

Syphon? can a doctor or nurse be accused of rape for forcing a woman to have a medical instrument shoved into her vagina against her will?

We see with this law how women really are not seen as fully equal human beings.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Arizona Immigration Bill/Potential Law SB1070.

I tried to, I don't know, ignore this (stupid on my part) and hope it just went away but Brewer is the last chance to make that happen and no one can be sure she will.

As much as the state needs people besides Arpaio racially profiling...wait, we don't.

What exactly constitutes "reasonable suspicion"? I've had Border Patrol issues at checkpoints few times, though thankfully it's been a few years. My mother just loved how they'd single me out from my family, as though they were transporting an illegal immigrant. Is this going to be life if this bill passes, police officers maybe thinking I look a little too dark-skinned to be an American?

State of Arizona, I am mightily disappointed in you.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:57 pm

While there might be a lot of problems with that bill, Adam, potential liability for rape isn't one of them.

The biggest assumption you're making is that the doctors would, you know, use an ultrasound probe against the woman's will, which is a pretty silly assumption to make. Informed consent is already a huge malpractice problem; I don't see doctors making it even worse with intentional battery. If the woman refuses to consent, she gets sent home and she doesn't get the abortion (or has to go out-of-state). If she does consent to the probe, they're hoping seeing a better view will change her mind.

The real question is whether this interferes with a patient's (and her physician's) medical judgment as to whether the pregnancy should be terminated. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But that's the argument to make, rather than one about rape.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm

I wonder if this will open up the person shoving the implement into the woman's vagina to a rape with an object? I wonder if it opens up the legislators who voted to shove probes into women's vaginas as accessories to rape with an object?
I'm not for this law AT ALL, but if a woman is going to have an abortion, she's going to have something put up there anyway.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:03 am

While there might be a lot of problems with that bill, Adam, potential liability for rape isn't one of them.
Thank-you.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 am

Cancelling plans. :(

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

*grumble* Brothers borrowing money and ruining my perfect credit card streak. I haven't had to pay a cent of interest until now and I had to touch my savings to make sure that doesn't happen again. Hell.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

I hate how my parents actually told people, like my Church, about my hospital emergency and how people keep calling and asking if I'm okay.

I mean, don't get me wrong.
There concern isn't bad, and I appreciate it to a degree.

However, when people are just like
"Are you okay?" "How are you doing?"

in my mind that translates into
"are your balls okay?" "How are your nuts?"

Which makes me feel like the question is kind of awkward.

Not embarassing. I mean, I didn't even feel embarassed during the actual injury when the different and mostly female doctors were all "I'm gonna need you to drop your pants" and fondling my balls for whatever reason. Too much pain for that.

But, I mean, them thinking about them just seems awkward and weird to me.

It's not like my life was in danger or anything. I didn't even tell my friends, except for two after much prodding after I told them why I wasn't playing and hanging with them on Friday/why I can't help practice Wing Chun and play basketball for a month.
One of them was just like "hahahah rofl okay we're trying to eat here"

(Yes, I do realize I'm being foolish. And for all I know, their prayers significantly helped the doctor revive my testicle . . . but still)
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:29 pm

I hate feeling self-conscious when I walk or run outside. I never used to have this problem before, but I ran on kind of country roads. Now I walk/run in the middle of a pretty active neighborhood.

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 pm

I hate people who lie to me. This is because I try my best to be honest (my signature shows my definition of lying), and I expect people to be honest to me in return. And when someone believes that lie to be true, it gets bigger and bigger, as best said in a proverb, "What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." When someone is dishonest, it causes an immediate lack of trust, no matter who it is, whether it's a stranger or a best friend, best said in another proverb, "What goes around comes around."
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

Mommy Brontosaurus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mommy Brontosaurus » Mon May 10, 2010 1:42 am

Apatosauruses. Those guys are jerks.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:43 am

People who say they want to do something and then pushing it back because they're busy.

WHY ARE YOU SO BUSY?!?!

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 pm

This entire month... So far.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Tue May 11, 2010 12:38 am

My respiratory system. They've got cybernetic ears; where's my cybernetic respiratory system?
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 pm

People who say they want to do something and then pushing it back because they're busy.

WHY ARE YOU SO BUSY?!?!
Hey, leading double lives is hard, okay?
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 am

Hey, leading double lives is hard, okay?
For the record, Alea, the double life is not me.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm

I wasn't even going to say it! Probably...

Though, now that you've denied it without being prompted, certainly makes me wonder.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu May 20, 2010 10:40 am

It's 84F out, expecting today to be our first triple digit day of the year. I've discovered that while bike riding is faster than walking, I can better defend myself against the heat walking.

I hate something about all this, not sure which part specifically. Let's hope I don't have any heat exhaustion today (I did last Wednesday, not fun).

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 am

on the other hand its national bike to work day so congrats on participating.

I recommend changing shirts, at least, after biking to work. since I take a backpack with me, it's relatively easy to put a clean shirt for work in my backpack, put on a breathable synthetic material shirt for the bike ride and then change out of it when I get to work.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier
Title: I spy with my Fishy Eye
First Joined: 08 Nov 2007

Postby Bean_wannabe » Thu May 20, 2010 11:30 am

That I had to spend all day trying to repair the damage done to my hard drive due to a program made by a company called Paragon (avoid at all costs) that should have partitioned my hard drive and instead deleted my MBR (Master Boot Record, which tells the computer where to find the operating system). As a result, I had to spend about 4 hours panicking that I had lost all of my data since the dratted thing wouldn't even turn on, then borrow a non-auto install copy of XP from a mate in order to fix it. Incredibly frustrating.
"You're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu May 20, 2010 11:55 am

I recommend changing shirts, at least, after biking to work. since I take a backpack with me, it's relatively easy to put a clean shirt for work in my backpack, put on a breathable synthetic material shirt for the bike ride and then change out of it when I get to work.
I started packing my work clothes and wearing shorts + breathable shirt when the weather stopped acting so uncharacteristically cool, so, about 2 weeks ago. This doesn't help so much but it's better than the alternative. *shrug*

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 pm

That I had to spend all day trying to repair the damage done to my hard drive due to a program made by a company called Paragon (avoid at all costs) that should have partitioned my hard drive and instead deleted my MBR (Master Boot Record, which tells the computer where to find the operating system). As a result, I had to spend about 4 hours panicking that I had lost all of my data since the dratted thing wouldn't even turn on, then borrow a non-auto install copy of XP from a mate in order to fix it. Incredibly frustrating.
recovery console + fixmbr and fixboot is a lifesaver. I've had Partition Magic (really old floppy disk version) destroy my fair share of MBRs over the years, and that's always saved my bacon (never once lost any data!)
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:54 pm

recovery console + fixmbr and fixboot is a lifesaver. I've had Partition Magic (really old floppy disk version) destroy my fair share of MBRs over the years, and that's always saved my bacon (never once lost any data!)
If I remember correctly, this advice doesn't apply to Vista and later (you want bootrec instead)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bean_wannabe » Fri May 21, 2010 2:48 am

That's what I ended up doing, but the copy of XP I had as a custom auto-insall that for some reason did not have the recovery console. :roll:

EDIT: Also that I have just failed a driving test.
"You're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri May 21, 2010 8:34 pm

I hate working on the long weekend. I have Monday off, but I always have Mondays off. Blargh.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Fri May 21, 2010 9:21 pm

The fact that they are cancelling Flash Forward. Like, wtf?
Do you guys want people to watch your channel or what?
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 am

Formatting tables and figures.

My self-defeating tendencies.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bean_wannabe » Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 am

The fact that they are cancelling Flash Forward. Like, wtf?
Do you guys want people to watch your channel or what?
It's Fox, isn't it? That's what they do. If a show becomes popular, they cancel it.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun May 23, 2010 12:56 pm

shedding season.
into the wind, unafraid.