Confessions of a 20-something mother

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:01 pm

If you want to read some inane drival, check out the Games threads. It's were the newbies have their own separate boring conversations.

I don't know why, but it annoys the hells out of me.
Holy wow, that's how their post counts are so high. I had suspicions, but that's a lot of posting, just between two people.

A lot.
This is petty, I know this is petty, I apologize in advance, and I know that post count means absolutely nothing since the dissolution of Pweb 2.0. However.

I am really, really annoyed that I got knocked out of the top ten on account of this.
When people say things like this, it makes me like them more, not less. Not because I necessarily agree or sympathize but because I like the honesty of it.

Also, while it's not really a big deal, I am slightly put off by looking at the top ten and seeing established members knocked out of the top ten.

And yes, I will heartily agree to any suggestions that some of you post more.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Quality over quantity, folks.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Yes, quality over quantity is all nice and fine but I happen to think highly of most Pwebbers and am certain they could do both, so why not encourage more?

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Yeah, I'm all for more quality posts too. I just mean that post count itself is just a number.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 am

I haven't been around much since Friday night and it's because a family member has been going through some severe problems that I/we have been dealing with. My confession is that I haven't posted about it yet because I'm afraid that one person might read about it and use this situation to his advantage.

It's killing me not to be able to let you guys know what's going on, though. Just keep me in your thoughts and/or prayers.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Confession: Mad Libs scare me. They make me question my grasp on the English language and make me realize my grasp is more like a weak touch.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:14 pm

I haven't been around much since Friday night and it's because a family member has been going through some severe problems that I/we have been dealing with. My confession is that I haven't posted about it yet because I'm afraid that one person might read about it and use this situation to his advantage.

It's killing me not to be able to let you guys know what's going on, though. Just keep me in your thoughts and/or prayers.
*hugs*
Sorry I didn't notice when you first posted this.
I'm sorry you're going through crap and I'll be praying for you.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:48 am

I may have not returned some emails I should have. Scratch that, I haven't even looked to see if I have received those emails. I haven't checked my main email account since early December.

I really need to get my act together about this. I just don't want to tell certain people about things. And I technically am still not quite fully in the wrong...but I'm pressing it...
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Confession: I have been hanging around in the last 2 or 3 pages of Milagre (pages 20-22) because in a fit of missing other things, I started to think beyond the past year or so and I started missing 2.0 all over again. I miss being lost in the crowd because caring about Pweb as much as I did/do was the norm back then.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:47 pm

All the talk over in Bob and The Breakup Thread has me hitting my head on my desk! I hate when people shove all woman and all men into categories (don't trust women when they tell you this, don't trust men when they tell you that).

Maybe it's just because i've been lucky, but the only people I actually see living out the stereo types of the sexes are high schoolers. I'm really not trying to put anyone specific down, I just honestly want to scream that if the relationship ended, there's someone better out there for you. We're all young, and way to eager.

This is about people in general, honestly not just about Pweb break ups.
The password is "guilty"

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Confession: I'm addicted to Scrabble and its variations.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 am

Confession: I'm tired of trying to do things cool(like bumping extremely old threads) and either:
1. someone explains why what I posted is wrong
2. I get corrected for a silly mistake or
3. someone rolls there eyes/ignores me.

Confession #2: Even though I wish I was strong enough to give up on boys, I know that if I find someone I just can't stay away from, I'll end falling for him, and then realize it's pointless. Again. Right now, the concept of getting married is just unfathomable. :?
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

JayeIIe
Launchie
Launchie
Title: Clone Ducky

Postby JayeIIe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 am

Confession: I'm tired of trying to do things cool(like bumping extremely old threads) and either:
Don't stress out about it. Just be yourself, you don't have to try to be cool. Teasing is just a way of life around here.
It's hard to break into any group of friends who've been close for a number of years, but not impossible. We were all newbies at one point.
One Duck to fool them all...

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:50 am

Yeah, that's annoying. I thought the game room bump in celebration of your title was quite cute, personally.
Right now, the concept of getting married is just unfathomable. :?

Good. You're 14. It should be unfathomable. I wish more teenagers were less caught up on the idea of falling in love with someone they're going to be with forever right now. If you ever do start fathoming marriage, heck, it will probably be with someone you don't even know right now. You will probably be someone you don't even really know right now.

So. Go out. Live your life. Develop crushes (preferably on good-hearted, non-destructive types who are unfortunately just not meant to be). Get your heart broken. Or break hearts. And remember to experience things unrelated to romance while you're doing the relationship/dating/crushing roller coaster. Have fun. Learn stuff.

[/older and wiser rant]

*wanders off muttering about youth being wasted on the young.*

:)
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Related confession: I'm having a very hard time playing Scrabble, and other family-style tabletop games, not because of the rules but because I have to wait for everyone's turns to pass. When it comes to things like that, I have very, very low patience- I can't wait to play my turn.

Non-related confession: a (female) friend from work got me hooked up on I'll Never Break Your Heart, by the Backstreet Boys. (*insert "gasp"'s, "ewww/yuck/blah"'s and "how can you listen to that eardrum-busting baloney?"'s here). And for some reason, this song makes me feel lonelier and lonelier (and more and more desperate) by the moment.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Confession: I'm tired of trying to do things cool(like bumping extremely old threads)
Bumping old threads is perfectly fine. And sometimes they even stick around for a while and other times they don't. But just know that whenever old threads start getting bumped, the "Stop Bumping Old Threads" thread is going to be bumped. Its more of a joke/tease than a reprimand (at least I always thought it was and I'm the one who bumped it so there). I always liked the hypocrisy of bumping that old thread to tease someone for bumping old threads. So I really wasn't trying to say you were wrong, just having some fun. So take that for what it is. *shrugs*

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Don't stress out about it. Just be yourself, you don't have to try to be cool. Teasing is just a way of life around here.
It's hard to break into any group of friends who've been close for a number of years, but not impossible. We were all newbies at one point.
Take it from me: I've been here unofficially for 4 years and officially almost 8 and only recently started feeling like I really belong here. Like everyone else is saying, the teasing and eye-rolling happen, but aren't meant to be mean.

Well, maybe by that Jotabe guy, but he's just angry all the time for no reason.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:26 pm

That is my favorite BSB song. Even though there's a line that drives me mildly bonkers -"As time goes, by you will get to know me, a little more better." A little more better?

Of course, that is something 15 year old Alea could quite easily get over because AJ did most of the singing and AJ sounds like sex to me. He looked like it, too, when he danced at the concerts (that I would watch on VHS with friends at sleepovers).

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:28 pm

I performed a little experiment and watched Baby One More Time on youtube. Her school girl outfit doesn't have effect on me now that it did 12 years ago. Also, I lol'ed at the dude missing the dunk at 3:08, something I probably never even noticed back then.

Christina, on the other had, can pop my genie out of the bottle anytime - new or old - she's still got it.
The enemy's fly is down.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Of course, that is something 15 year old Alea could quite easily get over because AJ did most of the singing and AJ sounds like sex to me. He looked like it, too, when he danced at the concerts (that I would watch on VHS with friends at sleepovers).
For Christmas my older sister bought us tickets for their Black and Blue tour like 10 years ago. I have never seen so many people freak out in my life! It was crazy!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Confession #2: Even though I wish I was strong enough to give up on boys, I know that if I find someone I just can't stay away from, I'll end falling for him, and then realize it's pointless. Again. Right now, the concept of getting married is just unfathomable. :?
You're 14. Imagine a 7 year old saying this stuff and you'll understand how you sound to most of us.

I really don't mean to be insulting or condescending. I'm just trying to give you some perspective. :wink:
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

JayeIIe
Launchie
Launchie
Title: Clone Ducky

Postby JayeIIe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Confession: It's super weird posting as a regular person and not a mod. I can't see all the extra buttons and the extra forum!
One Duck to fool them all...

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

[quote="neo-dragon"][quote="Peterlover14"]

Confession #2: Even though I wish I was strong enough to give up on boys, I know that if I find someone I just can't stay away from, I'll end falling for him, and then realize it's pointless. Again. Right now, the concept of getting married is just unfathomable. :?[/quote]

You're 14. Imagine a 7 year old saying this stuff and you'll understand how you sound to most of us.

I really don't mean to be insulting or condescending. I'm just trying to give you some perspective. :wink:[/quote]

I understand. I guess I am young and stuff. :)
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Related confession: I'm having a very hard time playing Scrabble, and other family-style tabletop games, not because of the rules but because I have to wait for everyone's turns to pass. When it comes to things like that, I have very, very low patience- I can't wait to play my turn.
All I have to say is Bananagrams.

Edit: Confession: And all this talk of being young reminds me of the first time I posted here. I was so embarrassed, I promptly created a new account and started over again. Plus, I spelled the first username wrong..

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm

I spelled the first username wrong..
I think you got this one wrong, too; there still isn't a period in the word "human," to the best of my knowledge. Valiant second try, though.

:P

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Confession: Every time I read that username I hear a Daft Punk sample in my head. Damn robots...
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Well, I think we should totally incorporate punctuation into words. It would raise our language to a level even higher than textspeak! Plus provide for greater emphasis and finality!

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:24 am

I'm all for punctuation in user names. We should make it mandatory.
The enemy's fly is down.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Ah, don't do that. You're just saying that cause you both have periods in your usernames. Ooooh, periods.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:21 pm

It is now their turn to start a Period/Punctuation club and stick it in their sigs.

"Proud members of the Period Club!"

Do that , Josh, and I'll consider getting some punctuation thrown in my name (which is not to say I'd go the extra step of asking a mod to add it in :P).

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Screw punctuations. The cool people are those of us who chose not to capitalize the first letter of our user names. Incidentally, this applies to human. as well, which I guess makes her cool^2.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Screw punctuations. The cool people are those of us who chose not to capitalize the first letter of our user names.
QFT.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Man, my subconscious is doing great work. I totally forgot to capitalize my username when I signed up on this version.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:38 am

Question: what does QFT mean? I mean, I know LMAO, LOL, ROFL, IMO, IMHO, FTW, WTF, WTH, STFU, STHU, J/K, IDK, GTG, G2G, AFK, and many more that I can't remember right now, but I've never seen QTF..

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:05 am

Quoted For Truth
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”