Shadow Complex...

From Alvin Maker to Wyrms
UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Shadow Complex...

Postby UnnDunn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

So I just downloaded Shadow Complex on Xbox Live. The game is set in OSC's Empire universe and is built by the dev team currently working on the Ender's Game game.

I must admit to not having read Empire yet, but Shadow Complex is making a strong case that maybe I should.

Is anyone else playing it?

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:47 pm

How do you feel about the game quality? Seeing as it's the same dev team, does it give you hope for Ender's Game as well?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:16 am

The game is really really good, probably one of the best Xbox Live Arcade games yet. It has high production values and very solid and well-designed gameplay.

Still, I'm worried for the EG game. Chair Entertainment (the developers of both Shadow Complex and Ender's Game) have announced that the EG game will be based on the zero-g battles in Battle School. This worries me, because Chair's most recent multiplayer combat game, Undertow, was really quite lackluster, and it seems to me that would be the closest example to the type of game Chair seems to be making.

Return to “Other Orson Scott Card Novels, Stories and Adaptations”