Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Dear you,

This isn't my story is it?
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:09 pm

I also do dishes
On the off chance that is to me, I accept. Dishes are the most hated chore around here.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 am

:mrgreen:

Strictly speaking, it wasn't to you...but it was to a Canadian. I can shuttle between the two places so as not to be too much of a burden on anyone. I'm running away tomorrow at 2pm AZ time, on foot, so it should take a few months.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Valentine » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:35 am

Dear you,
If you really want to break up so much that you feel the need to say it on my night with my friends, after just finishing school...if you honestly feel as unhappy as you say...just do it.
I didn't say or do anything to offset those comments. I asked if you wanted to go out with me and my friends after the formal. You said no. Then you said you didn't want to even stay the night like planned. Sometimes, I don't get you..
Oh well. *I* had a great time. Of course, when you left to wait in the car while I gave out my presents and said goodbye to everyone for the break, I felt infinitely better. I was able to have FUN. Too bad it was only 10 minutes.
Please, just decide if you like me or not. I'm not going to do the breaking up. I care too much. You like good movies, and Miyazaki! You watch NFL with me every Sunday. You're adorable, and can be the sweetest guy in the world. I want us to work, at least for now. I'm getting to the point where I think we'd both be happier as friends, though. You're wearing me down.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:00 am

Dear Yous,

I'm so sorry I can't afford to send Christmas presents this year. :(

- Me
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Dear pretty much the whole world,
1. I made my life so much easier when I had to face my problems instead of ignoring them that I now force others to confront their problems and explore every possible reason to see what is the most probable cause of distress even when it might not be the best idea for them.
2. I am a good friend.
3. I do not understand people’s desire for things they do not need.
4. I believe that people DO judge books by their covers, and whether that is the way it should be or not is purely academic. One should dress, speak, and conduct oneself in a manner befitting the situation.
5. I have a serious NEED to fix things and for things to be right (me included). I have to fix things.
6. The dramatic chipmunk on youtube cracks me up every time.
7. I tend to look at the big picture when considering issues, so sometimes people think I don’t care about their problems. Alternately, people don’t understand why something is making me freak out so much because it doesn’t seem to be a big deal about the time.
8. I would make a really good gothic chick.
9. I do laundry when I get stressed out, I love to cook, and I am good at sewing. There are also other things that would make any self-respecting women’s libber have an aneurysm.
10. I am not a pleasant person when I am hungry or tired. I have a sneaking suspicion that I’m not a pleasant person any other time, either.
11. I take care of things. And people. It sounds a lot nobler than it is, because I do it out of condescension. I always assume people can’t take care of themselves so I do it for them. The closer you are to me, the more I respect you and assume you can care for yourself. This has caused hurt feelings on more than one occasion, because it is viewed as favoritism.
12. I am all about prevention.
13. I’m used to people not being there, so I learned to take care of myself. I’m really ok with that. That said, I get my feeling hurt when people aren’t there for me when I need them. It tends to be my own fault, as I rarely admit weakness whether to feel strong or to keep from being perceived as whiny.
14. I am a practical person. Sometimes to extremes.
15. I can sometimes be a snob, I think. I have no proof to cite at this time, but I still think it might be true.
16. I really like trains.
17. And cats.
18. And chocolate milk.
19. I’m closer to a nervous breakdown than I would care to admit.
20. I hurt people’s feelings a lot, but they still talk to me. I think about that for hours sometimes.
21. I think dinosaur jokes are hysterical.
22. I have been called a risk-taker, and it makes me ashamed, because I take only seriously calculated risks.
I try to keep general happiness around me, but I seem fix one thing only to make another problem. I’m sorry about it but I don’t think anyone knows. I’m sorry, sorry, sorry.

I'm being honest! I'm talking about my feelings! Can you just be happy now?

-Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Dear You,

You have no idea how closely you described the way I think sometimes. Its kind of disturbing that some else thinks that way, because I consider myself wacked out most of the time. I don't like the way my brain works a lot of the time, but it is comforting to know that maybe I'm not out of my mind or at the very least...that I'm not alone.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 am

Dear You,

I'm sorry if this is patronizing, but apparently I lack tact. If you do not think better of yourself than those that hurt and s*** on you, then you DO need to fix yourself first and foremost. One might even go so far as to say that for you to attract those that are good one must at least think good of themselves. I'm sorry I speak so plainly, and I am sorry if that comes off as me being superior. It may not be my place, but I'm not one for places anyways. Friends are there for comfort, and people pay for psychiatrists. I just speak in an attempt to make people think.

Wil

Dear You,

Tact; the ability to either:
a) Speak a lot but not say a damn thing.
b) Say a lot but do so in such a way as to confuse the recipient and come off as insightful.

I'd like to apologize for I am not capable of either. I don't know why I come off as patronizing, for it is not my intention to project a superior attitude. What must I do? Must I place more negative adjectives in my writings when I refer to myself? Do I really come off as being superior? Do I brag or boast any more than I deprecate myself? Or, is it in the way I write?

I do not believe in beating around the bush; I do not believe in saying things which I do not mean. When I give advice or my opinion on something, it is me neither being patronizing nor insightful; I do not intend for either of them to be. I do not claim to be an expert in what I speak of, but I also do not speak or things I do not at least believe to know of. One may see it as giving advice about pregnancy to a pregnant woman, but I simply see it as mentioning things that may or may not have been noted, for I'd rather have said it and helped than to not have said it at all.

What can I say? I speak what I believe to be the truth; damn anyone that takes offense to it, for I do not intend it to be. I am sure there is a word for this, but I am sure it is not patronizing.

Wil

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:28 pm

Dear You,

I know you're frustrated.

DON'T f****** TAKE IT OUT ON ME.

Good god. I was there because I wanted to see if a patient was available for therapy. He was in a process group. This was a surprise to me as A) there's never been a night group before and B) I kind of plan my inpatient schedule around groups. So, I say, "okay, fine, never mind. Do they do these every Wed at 7:00 so I can plan my schedule?"

So the tech turns and calls at the person in the back who snaps at me, "There's this social worker who wants to do a group and four people have been taken out already, but fine, whatever, take out another one!"

Um. Even if that did relate to what we were talking about, I don't need your f****** attitude. The delivery and the impatience with the scheduling, as well as your utterly rude manner, and not to mention everyone's visible frustration with the lack of organization on the hospital's part are not things that we really, really need to be displaying in front of patients, now are they?

Not to mention, damnit, I'm sorry, I OUTRANK YOU.

If you haven't heard, I'm kind of a big deal.

Bigger than you, anyways, bitch.

If I have that kind of attitude from you again, I'm going to do worse than yell at you.

I'm going to force you to process with me. And I'll probably use I-statements.

You have been warned.

Me
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:26 am

Dear you,

Okay, the curiosity is killing me... what does it stand for?! How will I know if I want to join the club if I don't know what it stands for?

-noticed right away.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Dear you,

Okay, the curiosity is killing me... what does it stand for?! How will I know if I want to join the club if I don't know what it stands for?

-noticed right away.
Ditto. I figured I would find it on here somewhere, but I came up with nada.

Hector.Victorious
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hector.Victorious » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Dear You,
Can you not buy things I don't like to eat? I appreciate that you do the grocery shopping and I think its cool that you want to try new things, but when I tell you over and over again to not buy me food I don't like or I remind you that I don't like a certain food, can you at least try to remember?

~Me.
"Killing Buggers was not homicide."
"No, I guess it was insecticide."

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Dear you, I don't think you'd qualify. :)

Dear you, you might qualify, but I don't know for certain, AYGF? if so, you don't qualify, but if the answer is no then you are eligible to apply for membership. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Dear you,

yeah this didn't make much sense sober either. i'm fighting everything uphill here, and it was obvious this was one of those, but i kinda hoped it wasn't.

Alex, note to self, delete this when you read this in the morning. It won't make any more sense then than now.

What you say?

Stop talking to yourself in Bob.

This isn't bob.

exactly.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:14 am

Dear You, go to sleep, silly. :)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:45 am

Dear You(s),
Let's not all jump to conclusions and think I'm talking to you. Unless I really am, then think it all you want.

Dear You,

This is about 4.5 years too late, but I just wanted you to know I think I understand now.
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 pm

*doble*

Dear You,

I got your card; thank you so much! It was extremely sweet and I did a happy dance all the way home from my mailbox. It also has a prime location in my room: front and center on my headboard/bookcase thing. My nephews also love it, thanks to the sparklies and cat. Smile

-Alea

Dear You(s),

Early because Adam guessed (mostly) correctly, they all should have reached their destinations by now, I stupidly uploaded the picture weeks ago and keep thinking someone has or will stumble upon it, and I'm terribly impatient in almost every way imaginable. It's mostly the last two there.

The top row is A, followed by B, then C, then D. The first column, starting from the left, is 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. You can locate your portion using those coordinates.

It's an illuminated letter, which were more common in books in the past. It felt somehow appropriate, due to my knowing you because of a book and it seemed more lasting than any holiday picture might be (Christmas colors were an accident; vines are green, background was always going to be white, and red just seemed like a strong color and easy to find in stores).

Now, without further ado, the syrupy part:

Whether we talk daily or yearly, whether we're old friends with many shared secrets and in-jokes or acquaintances, you are unquestionably a part of Pweb and all that it has meant and continues to mean to me -especially over these past months. Thank you for your unwavering support and in turn, for letting me and everyone else into your thoughts and lives; without you, there would be something missing and this place just wouldn't make sense.

Sincerely,
Alea

Dear You(s),

A concern, when I started this, was that of being responsible for feelings of being left out or not being noticed. Rest assured, or be scared about the fact that, I notice just about everyone and everything and the main reason for not sending something to more of you active members was time (16 took 30some hours...doubling the number made just might have killed my eyes and shoulder), money (I don't have much of it), and more importantly, a sense that it might be inappropriate to ask you for an address. I really do appreciate (most) everyone on the board and wish I knew some of you better. :)

Also sincerely,
Alea

Dear You(s),

Some theories given:

It stands for my last name. (those of you who know that, shh...I don't mind you guys knowing but I also don't want it on the board)

It stands for 'peace.'

It was a ticket of sorts to a WW and the Chocolate Factory-esque meeting, at which time I would appoint one of the recipients the benefactor of my junk.

-Me

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Dear you,

It's beautiful! Thanks for making it for all of us!

steph
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Dear You,

Thanks for the best Christmas Card ever! It's beautiful seeing the entire thing together. :)

Dear Roommate,
Do Not Put Leftover Cat Food In The Sink. I am sick and tired of cleaning the cat food out of the sink. I can't stand being around you. please be in the apartment less. And take your ugly, loud, idiotic and mean dog with you. No dogs in the apartment I will sic the landlord on you if it stays here any longer than a day!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Thank you, you're welcome, and
I'm glad you guys like it. :)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:46 am

Thank you! It really is beautiful. And I thought it was obvious that the P stood for Pweb! :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:48 am

It's so beautiful all together!

I'm happy that clearly mine (B1) is the best piece :P

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:32 am

It's beautiful, Alea!!! Thank you!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

Dear You,

Thanks so much! It's lovely! I was wondering what it was going to be!

Love and holiday cheer,

Kirsten

Dear You,

Bah. You're crazy. It's obvious that mine is the best piece (D3). Lovely and simple and abstract, like a sparkly tree branch.

Me
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Wow, you have some embroidering skills, Alea! :D it's very pretty!

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:56 pm

I don't know, I think mine's the best (D1).
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm

clearly mine is the best (A1) :)

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Dear Roommate,
your dog pooped in the living room two days ago in three places.

CLEAN IT UP!

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:10 am

You are all mistaken. B3 is clearly the best.

(Hehe, :D )
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 am

I don't believe you gave up your secret identity. Not for one second.

But if you did...

Alea, how did you get it out of him?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:39 am

Mine is D2, in case anyone wanted to know.

And wow, if Alea really got Zero's secret identity...I am in awe.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 am

I figured it out.

Alea and zeroguy are secretly the same person!

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 pm

It's possible he gave her a PO box that actually redirects to a PO box in another state that redirects to his address.

This is zero we're talking about here.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Dear you,

You really want to know why I'm spending so many nights at my boyfriend's house lately?

It's because when I DO come home, like today, THERE'S A WEEK'S WORTH OF TRASH SITTING ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR THAT YOU CONVENIENTLY NEGLECTED TO TAKE OUT BEFORE YOU LEFT THE STATE FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!

Next time, I swear, I'm just going to dump it on your bed.

YOU ARE 23 YEARS OLD. PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:26 pm

I don't believe you gave up your secret identity. Not for one second.

But if you did...

Alea, how did you get it out of him?
And wow, if Alea really got Zero's secret identity...I am in awe.
I figured it out.

Alea and zeroguy are secretly the same person!
It's possible he gave her a PO box that actually redirects to a PO box in another state that redirects to his address.

This is zero we're talking about here.
One of those statements is true...;)

Well, okay, technically, two. I'll let you decide which two.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”