Enders Game video game thoughts

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
mazer
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Rackham

Enders Game video game thoughts

Postby mazer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:40 pm

Enders game video game thoughts

heres thought number one you start six years old you design your player. Then Graff comes with a car to take you up to battle school. you get there and interact with other launchies, explore battle school, taught the controls of the battle room, and visit the arcade and play local two player games (maybe the one Ender beat the older kids at you the one where you control a fleet of ships or a very simple version of the mind game). for the battle room controls I would like to see head tracking put to work for the wii version(http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw) after you practice a bit you are chosen for a army as a soldier.
you practice and the choose between online battles or battle against the computer. in these battles the game is a first person shooter. you can increase speed and strength to a degree but not so much as to give one side to big an advantage (maybe up to 10% more). in your army’s barracks there is a board that shows every one in your army’s rank based on number of hits made and received in game. if you rise up on the bored you commander will notice you and and you may be promoted to a toon leader. there is also a second board that shows the rank of every army.
as a toon leader you will continue to practice to raise your own stats, but you will also practice with with your toon to raise the stats of all of them. your platoon will follow you through the battle room and you can issue commands to them. at this point you the game is a lot like battalion wars. Then you try to work your way to a commander.

note no Ender in the whole game or bean, Petra, Hot soup etc if they there the game has to follow a story and it will be like any other movie based game

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:57 am

Ewwww, we don't need a video game. How low will this book stoop to? Good gravy....
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

mazer
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Rackham

Postby mazer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:32 pm

OSC wants to make a lot of games he says here http://news.filefront.com/gaming-todays ... cott-card/
if they make the movie chances are they will make a game

DarthJingle
Launchie
Launchie

Actually, OSC has a point...

Postby DarthJingle » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:46 pm

I'm a college student, studying video game design. I read the article in the link, and OSC, if anything, sounds like a teacher I had for a story writing class I had for video games. He knows his stuff. He knows what to sell, what aspects need to be included, and where to draw the line. I think that as long as OSC has a say in the games, they should turn out just fine... And I will probably play every one of them :)

Jakt
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Jakt » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Some good ideas if it was an EG video game would be the possibility of online play- I.E. In the battle room

Then there is a decent storyline for just ascending levels

example:
lvl 1- vs Stilson
lvl 2- vs Bernard
lvl 3- Ender in Salamander
lvl 4- Ender in Dragon-- lots of levels there, all the various challenges, 2 battles a day, 2 armies at once.. blah blah blah
lvl 5- vs. Bonzo
lvl 6- vs. Mazer
lvl 7+ Bugger/Formic stuff...

It could work... people would relive the story, some people could learn the story. I mean they miss out on all the amazing in depth thinking, but isn't that what video games is nowadays -_-

I'd probably buy it. esp if there were Xbox achievements involved >.>

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:06 am

I think an EG game could stand to learn from Spore, and cut the game cleanly into several stages, with similar, but differentiated gameplay mechanics throughout the whole thing. To add depth, there would need to be several alternate, but not hugely so, plotlines with alternate endings to make exploring different play styles worth it.

First Stage: Childhood

Interact socially with other kids at school, and with your siblings. This would help to define whether Ender leans more toward aggressive, destructive actions (killing Stilson, or maybe even Peter, being an extreme possibility), or building a loyal army to serve him.

Second Stage: Battle School

Continuing the social interactions of the childhood stage, leading to possible confrontations with Bonzo or others, or the beginnings of recruitment for Dragon Army, as well as access to the recreational games, and the Giant's Drink. The games would take up the majority of the time spent here, and would introduce the player to the later elements of the game, so that they have a chance to practice before seriously influencing the storyline.

Third Stage: Salamander [or Other] Army

This would control like Zone of the Enders, or the Gundam VS games, and be the most action-oriented of the stages. Lots of fun to play, and your record here serves to build reputation at Battle School, and influence the storyline from here on out. It also serves to familiarize the player with the various techniques and capabilities that will be available in the next stage

Fourth Stage: Dragon Army

The beginnings of RTS-like gameplay, set in Battle School. The Giant's Drink would be the only practice game that still had any effect on the game, influencing Ender towards either aggressive or diplomatic solutions

Fifth Stage: Command School

Full out traditional RTS gameplay, maybe with some SRPG elements as you develop the Sub-Commanders abilities, and Ender's own. This would play similar to Spore's Space Stage where you have a broad view of what systems you're in control of, and trying to work your way towards the Formic Home World. At the end, the Little Doctor would present itself an option to use, and the game's ending would hinge around whether Ender was aggressive and uses it, diplomatic and uses it, aggressive and doesn't, or diplomatic and doesn't.

I think a game with a branching storyline would present OSC with a great opportunity to explore the choices Ender made, and what made him distinct from other, more traditional commanders, and the philosophy of Necessariansim which developed from his choices in the book.
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

The Game

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 am

I think an Enders game videogame would probsbly be best if not based around Ender. Perhaps just a standard student, risignthorugh the ranks. Mind game as a minigame. Follow teh basic plot the books do.

Ender himself would actually be a very limitwed character to play.

Maybe multiple storylines to play?
Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

notasoccerstar09
Launchie
Launchie

Re: The Game

Postby notasoccerstar09 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:31 am

I think an Enders game videogame would probsbly be best if not based around Ender. Perhaps just a standard student, risignthorugh the ranks. Mind game as a minigame. Follow teh basic plot the books do.

Ender himself would actually be a very limitwed character to play.

Maybe multiple storylines to play?
no i think the idea of the game based around ender sounds pretty awesome

also i think that instead of the wii it should be a portable like on the psp or especially the ds

hi brian
the enemys gate is down

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:36 am

System is unimportant. And frankly, the wii is just an aweful system.

If they could make it, it woudl be fantastic. But the mechanics would probly be hard to program, liek in teh battle room. But the diversity of potential gameplay, the idea has a lot of merit.
Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

notasoccerstar09
Launchie
Launchie

Postby notasoccerstar09 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:40 am

If they could make it, it woudl be fantastic. But the mechanics would probly be hard to program, liek in teh battle room. But the diversity of potential gameplay, the idea has a lot of merit.
i agree that the wii is aweful and programing for it would most likely not be to good it would most likely be on the level twilight princess for the controls
the enemys gate is down

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 am

What's wrong with the wii? I mean, when it comes to like shooting the guns in the battle room wouldn't having the little wii gun thing be cooler?

Oh, and welcome to Pweb :)
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Think about it though. Frankly, the aim system with the wii is bad enough already. But once they calibrate the zerogravity physics, which is sure to screw nintendo up anyway, adding the aiming mechanism would just overwhelm the programmers.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Well I'm no good with science stuff, but when you put it that way...I guess it does make sense.

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:47 pm

There's alot they could do with an Ender game though. There's enough characters, settings, and plots for hours of gameplay. They just gotta figure it out.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Would it be a good idea to create the Fantasy Game? Because everything about it that happened in the book was up to Ender and they can't possibly make anything like that...

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Fantasy gamewouldfunction as a sort of minigame. Actions in the fantasy game could affect how teachers treat and promote you in the main game. Like I said, a sandbox style game would probably work better than an Ender game. Most of the book centers around Ender's thoughts or a very narrow course of action. Being able to go your own way seems like it would be more fun, and open up morepossibilities.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be fun. I mean if they could, that would be brilliant! But the thing is I don't think technology as reached the point to where we can change the game based on off the chart decisions like punching a giants eye out. Real videos games won't let you do things like that last time I checked...

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 am

Overlord. The choices made in teh game give you a certain level of 'corruption'. they could simulate this in this game, with a different name. Look it up, Overlord is teh best example of this mechanic i canthink of at the moment.

perspicacious.emperor
Soldier
Soldier

Postby perspicacious.emperor » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 pm

I think the Fantasy Game should be videogame-ized. Now if only we knew how to get the game to analyse the player and give report then it would be perfect.

Rodaka
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Rodaka » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:56 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_ ... eo_game%29

^ Info on an Ender's Game game, based off the battle room.

I think something based off the Fantasy Game would indeed be amazing, but coding interest and creativity are hard to find in one person. At least.. the level of creativity it would need.
"I once heard a tale of a man who split himself in two. The one part never changed at all; the other grew and grew. The changeless part was always true, the growing part was always new, and I wondered, when the tale was through, which part was me, and which was you."

Lusitania_Fleet
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Lusitania_Fleet » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:59 am

im sure if teh ystarted now, a fantasy game wouldnt take that long to make. maybe two years, at the most. you overestimate the level of complexity its posible to program. what wed be looking at is basically a sandbox style game.

Rodaka
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Rodaka » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm

im sure if teh ystarted now, a fantasy game wouldnt take that long to make. maybe two years, at the most. you overestimate the level of complexity its posible to program. what wed be looking at is basically a sandbox style game.
If I read that right, as you seem to have a typing impediment when you're not in the Philosophy boards, you're saying that your idea of the Fantasy Game would be more of just a game that had a beginning and an end, based off of what happened in Ender's Fantasy.

When I said "Based off the Fantasy Game" I meant a game that would automatically reprogram itself as I got through it, pulling information off of public info it could find, pictures, anything like that. A game that people would try to write reviews for, but everyone would criticize the review for saying it was boring because they had a completely different experience.

I mean, that even if you followed instructions someone wrote in a FAQ for the game, you'd end up with a completely different experience. It would obviously have to be downloading updates at a rather fast pace, new ideas, new words, new types of challenges, new everything, constantly updating to the game.

This game would be hard to program.
"I once heard a tale of a man who split himself in two. The one part never changed at all; the other grew and grew. The changeless part was always true, the growing part was always new, and I wondered, when the tale was through, which part was me, and which was you."

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Based on how current games are programmed, I would say it would be highly unlikely that current high level languages would be able to program a game that you want. I say highly unlikely because there is that always slim chance that C++ or Java, along with DirectX 11, might be enough.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

Fire-Quencher
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Fire-Quencher » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 pm

i agree that the wii is aweful and programing for it would most likely not be to good it would most likely be on the level twilight princess for the controls
I don't think the Wii system is terrible. Wii game designers just suck.

the whole idea of the wiimote is pretty cool, but for some reason, all Wii game designers think its necessary to make all Wii games based entirely on the Wiimote. Eventually all the games end up the same.

If Wii game designers would just make a normal game, and forget about the Wiimote, THEN the Wii could be as good as the Xbox and PS3.

And only then could the idea of an EG video game be good on the Wii.

I honestly think the best idea is to go for a computer game. Think about games like Warcraft 3 and Starcraft... The bugger wars would be great if they were RTS games.
"I've been staying out of family conversations. Do I get credit for that?"

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”