Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Not Alvin or Calvin

Postby RandomMaker » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Dear Journal,
I had a spectacularly awesome day today!
Yay!
-RandomMaker

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Dear Bob,

I felt very on top of things today.

It was nice.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:36 pm

Well, that's what happens when you talk to me. :P
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Bob,
Despite nothing having gone horribly wrong today, not to say nothing happened, I am feeling pretty lousy.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:31 am

Bob,
I've got snowcamp today, and it will be awesome. I can't wait. :shock: :lol: :arrow: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil:
And I love emoticons... 8)
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:24 am

Hey Bob,

In two days, I'll have been here for five years.

It hasn't been quite what I expected.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 am

Dear Bob,

Someone has got to come up with a more creative name for you..

But I got back from snow camp yeterday and it was awesome. The speaker was brilliant, and the music was awesome.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Dear Bob,

I really don't have the words. I want to fill you in so badly--I hate that apparently I only write to you when my life is all doom and gloom. But you have to understand: things are GOOD.

1. I have an amazing career that I'm passionate about. (And yes, I know some of you are waiting to find out whether or not those holiday cards ever got out. I'll write up the second half of that fiasco soon, I promise).

2. I fell in love. Hard. I know. I didn't think it was possible. Henry and I broke up in September of '06, and still I was thinking about him constantly and crying my heart out. He was the first (and, until recently, the only) person I ever loved romantically. I felt certain I'd mourn the loss of him for the rest of my life. And in a way I will. I do and did genuinely love him. But it hurt. All the time. And I deserve someone who takes joy in loving me--rather than viewing it as an unsolicited but unchangeable inconvenience.

His name is David. I had no intention of meeting him or liking him or dating him or loving him, but all of that happened and then some. It's a long and very lovely story. I couldn't hope to list all of the things about him that amaze me. But suffice it say that every single one of my friends has met him and approves. Not a single one of them ever approved of Henry. God, this sounds so sappy, but it's true. My face actually hurts from smiling all the time.

3. I am taking serious, slow steps to becoming a healthier person with better body image.

So... I haven't been around as much. I'm sure when I get used to the idea of life being great I'll be posting continuously again!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Where is my attention span, Bob? Why can I not focus on anything that needs doing for more than two minutes? I need to get this homework done, but my eyes just won't stay on the page for more than a few minutes at best...
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

GodInYourEyes
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GodInYourEyes » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:17 am

dear bob
I lost my puppy. She was only 7 month old :cry:
my dumb brothers left the door open and she ran away.
I feel like if I would of came home a few minutes earlyer
I could have stop her. I looked for her all over. I'm going
crazy. I lost my cell like a week ago and it had all her
pictures on it. I wonder what I'll lose next. I hope I don't
lose my collage application I tryed so hard to make it perfect.
Lost in the dark with only one light to guide us

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RandomMaker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am

Dear Bob/Journal/etc.,
I should be sleeping because I have important things to do tomorrow. Am I sleeping? Nope. Instead I'm wallowing in self-pity and being frustrated and angry at people who don't deserve it (at least I'm only doing that internally, though, and not to them or anyone else, right?).
Anyway, frustration. Also frustration at myself for other stuff.
Ah well,
RandomMaker

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Hey Robert,

You know what would be nice? If when I came online/back from away someone gave enough of a s*** to be like:

HAY WIL HOW WAS YOUR DAY?

OH MOVING? THAT SUCKS. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.

And then of course I would proceed to ask them how there day went and s***** and giggles would ensue.

I get back today and the first message I get: "WIL GET ON CALL OF DUTY"

I think I need better friends or something... I bet if you were real Robert you'd ask me how my day went... :D

P.S.: I've been using the ":D" smiley almost excessively. I wonder why...

-- Bitchy Wil :P

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:25 am

Bob,

I feel like none of my friends truly care for me; they wouldn't miss anything if I'm gone. Sure, there'll be the usual stuff, but none of them cares how I'm feeling...While, apart from my usual schoolwork, I also work as a part-time psychologist for some of them (not to say that I don't like it, but still..)

I hate this feeling. I want it to go away. I want to go to sleep, so that it'd all go away. But I'm afraid that inside me, I'm right; they don't care for me like they care for other people.

On another note, I have 2 Biology classes straight in the morning tommorow (7:50 am). One Biology classes basically drains my life away completely, so 2? This sucks.

Man, if there ain't gonna be snow on Wednesday I'm going to kill somebody. I just can't take the pressure anymore. I need vacation from it.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Dear Bob,

I am feeling lonely. And, wrongfully, put upon. I know I should do my dishes more frequently and that my one flat mate particularly likes it when they're done frequently. And I do intend to. I just never seem to quite get to it as often as would be good. And right now I just really wish I were in my own place, alone or with a good friend, so that I could at least feel relaxed. I don't feel relaxed in this place. If I have to feel lonely, I'd like to feel lonely in my own place instead of a place that feels like I am renting it. In May... in May I will move out, I think. Get a place of my own. At least if I have to feel sad and alone, I can do so in the comfort of my own home, and if I want to invite someone over whenever, I can do that, and if they wish to sleep in my room, that would be fine.

Everything is so far off, Bob.

~me
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:46 am

Dear Bob,

My old job saw fit to pay me this month despite having done no work for them in some time. On the plus side I'm temporarily rich until they figure out how I give it back.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm so tired of existing.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Dear Bob,

I threw my back out. I'm only 25, so I have no idea how I managed that, but I haven't been able to walk unassisted since Saturday morning. Work tomorrow should be interesting.

The Pats lost the superbowl in the most ridiculous upset imaginable, and as the only Boston girl in a room full of Giants fans, I've been ridiculed to within an inch of my life. As it should be--after such an appalling loss.

Henry has a girlfriend. I don't know who she is. I don't care in that I'm so glad it's not me. But at the same time it kind of pisses me off that he was so willing to give another girl that title, when for the first YEAR we were together he refused to even consider me his girlfriend. Mostly, though, I pity her. Every single second I spend in a happy, healthy relationship throws into undeniable contrast what a horrible, vastly unhealthy relationship I endured for the many, many years I was with him. I love him, and losing him as a best friend and a partner was and still is extraordinarily traumatizing, but I'm not sorry anymore. I miss him, but I know--unequivocally now--that I am so much better off without him.

Every day with David I fall deeper and deeper in love with him. Which is insane. I haven't had a single nightmare since we met. My goals and my dreams have become more solidified, once again possible. I am beginning to like myself again, and trust myself in a way I never dare to hope I'd regain. Everyday I'm learning more and it's so amazing to me to be with someone who WANTS to be with me. I can't go on about it, really. I feel it in every inch of my body. There's nothing much to say about it. My friends just notice the change in my eyes and in my step. I never thought I'd be whole again, on my own. And I never thought I'd find someone else to fill me up to overflowing. I am the luckiest. I am happy.

Phenomenal.

If only I could sit up....
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Bob,

I have some 80 lines of Latin due for Wednesday and 100 lines of Middle Welsh due tomorrow, and I can barely get through one line of any of it. I'm feeling very terrified of it all right now.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Bob,

Best. Non-Birthday. School-day. EVER.

2300 meters in the 12 minutes run (which is a 70- a pretty good grade for me), 92 in Computer Sciences, and fricking 96 IN HISTORY! =)
Oh, AND my favorite team got to the finals of the state cup!

To conclude, what a day.
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do, we do!

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:40 pm

I've found myself crying twice in as many days. I never cry.
The password is "guilty"

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Dear Bob,

I'm sitting at my desk and I just now realized something.

For the first time in five years November 29th has come and gone.

...and I didn't even notice.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Bob,
The kids are saying I'm the best teacher or their favorite teacher this year.

Pretend you know kids and why that's a bad thing.

I'm kind of bummed.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:06 am

Dear Bob,

I try to see things from others' point of view, and I try to think users are good people most of the time, really I do. They're not idiots, they're not insane, they shouldn't be prohibited from using any technology; they're trying their best.

But some users.... the openly actively belligerent ones.... the ones where it's difficult to fathom any motivation they have, except that they're deliberately trying to make my life harder.... I wonder. I mean, really, do some people just go around looking for edge cases and obscure information that they think I don't know, and then they go try to prove their superiority by asserting that they know more than me? Sometimes I just can't think of any other way.

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 am

Best quote I've read in awhile: "Seldom can one hate a person if one understands that person."

It made me realize that when I did hate someone, I focused on that hate. It ate at me, and thinking about it made me hate more. Even now, thinking about it could make me feel a slight twinge of that hate. Thinking about it, though, if I focus on the reasons that the person had that directly resulted in my hating them I don't feel hate towards them. I understand the reasons, and it makes sense -- even if I don't like it -- but I don't hate them. It then made me think that perhaps if this same person could look at it from my point of view then they could come to understand why I did what I did in response to what they did.

This just interested me and I felt like sharing it.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:13 am

Bob,
You know how they said after every good, comes something bad? Well, they're more than right.

Today started like a normal day. I ate my cereal, took the dog out for a walk, etc. But when I got to school, during Philosophy class (which is one of my favorites- because I feel superior to everyone in it, and I got only an A in the test! Damn!) I started getting this wierd headache, that was accompanied by a deep feeling of cold during the break.

Now, I were wearing a sweater- though not a thick one- and I felt cold. While some of my friends would consider it normal, considering the weather (12 degrees Celsius, 53.6 Fahrenheit), I NEVER feel cold with a sweater on, until it's at least 6 degrees Celsius. That's when I started noticing something was wierd.

Afterwards came Law, followed by Sports, in which we basically ran for 3 minutes, then stopped and did pushups and other exercises- rinse, latter and repeat for 20 minutes.
The wierd thing was, though I'm good at Sports (considering my body), I had to stop after the second time running. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Then came the worst part: I had a Math test- the most feared of all tests. And the headaches and feeling of cold continued. Eventually I finished the test, but if I fail it, I won't be surprised.

When I finished the test, I went to the nurse's office, and guess what? 37.9 degrees Celsius body heat. Just what I needed. So I went home and slept for 3 hours straight (and if you're jealous of me at this point, know that I woke up a couple of time during my sleep, feeling more and more terrible).

In the end, I'm sick, with 38.2 degrees Celsius (100.76 Fahrenheit) body heat and an awful headache. And even though on every other day I'd love being sick, thursday is the worst time available:
- I have no school for 2 days (Friday, Saturday) which nullifies the purpose of being sick
-The basketball State Cup finals will take place in about 2 and a half hours (from the time of writing this- in about 9 PM). Watching a basketball game is always a treat, even more when it's your favorite team, even more when they're gonna give everything they've got to defeat the opponents- the dominating team of the league which I despise- and even more if we've got really good seats. AND I'M GOING TO MISS IT ALL. This blows.

Comfort me, people. (You too, Bob)
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do, we do!

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RandomMaker » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Dear Journal,
I am not feeling inclined to do my homework. Right now, I pretty much want nothing more than to curl up in my boyfriend's arms and sleep for quite a while. I wouldn't be opposed to a nice cup of tea either. Or a hug.
-RandomMaker

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:45 am

Dear Bob,

Today I change from being a provisional patent holder to having a patent pending.

That's so cool!!! :)
-Kim

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Yay Kimmie! Your geekdom leveled up. :P

Does this patent have anything to do with that pediatric thingamajig you used in Africa?
The enemy's fly is down.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Yes, Josh. It's my liquid dosing device that I took to Africa.
-Kim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Bob...

The kind old gent who lived next door to me for 20 years died yesterday.

I used to play in his yard. He was my older sister's Confirmation sponsor. He ran the breakfast club at my elementary school. He used to bring us rhubarb and vegetables from his garden each summer.

The world's a little darker without him.

I wish I could go to the funeral. He deserves to be honoured.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Bob,

I think my subconscious is slowly making progress. I had a dream about him the night before last. Third one in two years. But here is the slightly positive thing. In the previous two, he was accosting me in some way and I was frozen, unable to get away or fight back or do anything. Of course, that is how I felt emotionally in real life when things were happening. But in this third dream, I was able to fight. I fought back and eventually got away. But then of course there was a creepy, gets-under-your-skin ending. As I was running away, he yelled after me "Go ahead and call someone, they won't believe you anyway."

Yeah, just like real life.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:20 pm

*hugs*

I'm proud of you, Nomi. Stay strong.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Thank you so much.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Bob,

I think I'm broken. I don't neccesarily mean defective; I more mean....that I think there's something distinctively different about me than other people; or at least other men my age.

Back story: I have a friend who I've known for a little over a year now. We've always been quite platonic, until about a month ago we started flirting over texts. I think she initiated, but I don't remember - it's irrelevant. Anyways, we start out talking that it's just a flirty thing; then turned to "if the stars ever aligned it might actually happen," which eventually turned to "next time I see you..." (No, it's not entirely what all you think - but I'm not going into any greater detail here) We're both on the same page that it's nothing serious or romantic, just single friends. Anyways, this past weekend I spent the night with her. We went to bed around 2am, and she fell more or less right to sleep, and I just kinda laid there thinking...

All I think is this isn't right. This isn't what I want. This isn't what spending a night with a girl should feel like. I didn't enjoy it at all. Suddenly it becomes just like I was with Andrea, who I broke up with after waking up one morning and wishing she was Nicole. I don't wish anyone was Nic anymore, it's not like that. I just... I remember how it used to feel. That felt right. This doesn't. I'm not sure why I never got to feeling like that with the last girl I spent the night with, but it was probably because we weren't forced to be quite so close.

It just all felt so fake. Spending the night with someone like that automatically infers some level of romance, caring, closeness....and I just don't have that.

Perhaps I should feel the same way about the things that happened before going to sleep, but I don't. Partially because I have my own set of rules that prevent me from going places I don't want to; but I think even moreso becacuse that is based more upon passion than genuine caring.

Suddenly I can understand why guys can be the assholes who up and disappear through the middle of the night after having a girl take them home; though that's a situation I'll never be in, much less repeat.

I almost feel like the more women I meet that aren't right, or even close to it, the less I feel like I'll ever find one who is.

I convinced myself to pay for a dating site a few weeks ago. I did the free trial thing and immediately had response so my ego wouldn't let me say no (despite not being able to afford it :-p). It's pretty much the exact same as me in real life - women I'm not interested in coming to me, women I am interested in running for the hills.

I decided a while ago I wasn't looking for anyone special at this point in my life. I'm not. I don't want any super serious relationship, don't want to meet my future wife, none of that, right now. I just want to get to know more women. I'm not saying I want to rack up notches on my belt or anything like that; I just want the chance to get to know more people. I want to learn more about people, see more qualities that I do like in a woman, and that I don't. See where things head, and how they burn. You can't find what you're looking for until you know what it is. I Want to figure out what it is.

But I can't; because the type of women that come after me are not the kind of women I want to associate with, much less be involved with, and the type that do intrigue me as being worth knowing run like hell into the arms of my best friend or something similar. Oops, perhaps I'm still a little bitter bout that last one :-p

I'm frustrated, Bob. It just seems like noone else gets it. It seems like I've gotta flail around in the darkness on my own, but everyone else gets a flashlight (and typically, I am that flashlight for many :-p) to help. Where's my flashlight, bob?

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Oliver Dale
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Trapped in the Trunk!

Postby Oliver Dale » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Hey Bobby,

Long time no chat. I won't keep you too long. My little cousin (and when I say that, I don't mean one of my cousins, but rather MY little cousin, you know, the one out of the forty or so that I have that is mine) was diagnosed with ALD yesterday. I'm not really looking for sympathy or anything, but I've been walking around work all day screaming in my head and saying nothing and had to finally tell someone something about it. Kind of like blood letting, I guess.

Hope all is well with you.

-Oliver

Return to “Milagre Town Square”