Imagine the possibilities

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
vendor
Soldier
Soldier

Imagine the possibilities

Postby vendor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:37 pm

ok... I used to be one of those EG fans who would not give in to any animated form of EG. I have since repented. Has anyone seen the trailer for Renaissance? check it out http://www.renaissance-movie.com/

I think this out-does Titan-AE by quite a bit. I love the look and feel of the black and white. I think it would do great for EG the movie.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:14 am

That came out a couple weeks ago, right?

Looks pretty awesome, but it IS from motion-capture, while AE was traditional hand-drawn. Not saying that that's worse, or anything, but it's sort of like comparing apples to oranges. No, more like... crabapples to apples. Or something.

Comparing two things that are almost similar but are different.

Anyway, I agree. If it were animated, the look like that would definitely give it the dark feel that it deserves. It wouldn't be passed off as a kid's movie just from watching the trailers. However, that doesn't allow for much detail, and can make for a very psychadelic movie experience, which I don't think EG is.

Or something.

Anyways, I now want to see this movie.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

The background images of Titan A.E. were computer generated, whereas the characters were hand drawn. As far as that trailer goes, it looks interesting, although kind of a rehash of the recent bad sci fi movies (Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux). The animation is a gimick, it looks good, but it too is capitalizing off of the success of Sin City. I just don't think you can beat traditional film. Even digital doesn't look as good.

Salaam

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:01 pm

Oh, man, did you see the animations in Aeon Flux? Like... horrible.

Let's see if I can dig one up...

That thing on the right? It's a helicopter.[/i]
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

vendor
Soldier
Soldier

Postby vendor » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Just trying to come up with a way to cut casting of six-year-olds off of the list of difficulties. Easier than recruiting a bunch of people that were born with a kidney disease causing nephritis in their youth.

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”