Joel Silver to produce OSC's EMPIRE

From Alvin Maker to Wyrms
Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Joel Silver to produce OSC's EMPIRE

Postby Craig » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:05 pm

We might be getting an OSC adaptation yet... Unfortunately it's not Ender's Game, but hey, it might get the ball rolling.

"

Joel Silver is addicted to producing. I mean, the guy can’t stop. I think him, Jerry Bruckheimer, and a Brian Grazer need to form some sort of a support group to help each other through their obvious compulsion to make movies. After quitting for a while, Silver must have started to see snakes on his skin and ants in his hair because he’s at it again, developing Orson Scott Card’s EMPIRE for Warner Bros. The plot goes a little something like this:

Set in the near future, the novel casts an America in chaos. The assassination of the president and veep plunges America into civil war and a team of special forces operatives try to unravel the conspiracy and save the country.

Sounds more like Clancy than Card to me, but what do I know, I don’t read. This project joins Card’s classic ENDER’S GAME at Warners (which has been in ‘development hell’ for a while) and a director is yet to be attached. The twelve steps Joel, they work every time."

http://www.joblo.com/orsons-empire

Salaam

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:24 am

That's all well and nice, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say: Where the f*** is the EG movie!?
The enemy's fly is down.

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:14 pm

http://www.chairentertainment.com/compa ... cts/empire

That says they are working on a movie, a comic book, and game all based on Empire.

We'll see if it happens. (This might be a good thing, make a movie that's not EG as the first film, that way OSC can work all the bugs out of the system so EG is that much better)
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

Return to “Other Orson Scott Card Novels, Stories and Adaptations”