Game threads and Postcounts

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Do you care about postcount?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 22

liquifiedrainbows
Soldier
Soldier

Postby liquifiedrainbows » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Yes. Please don't ruin that for me. I worked so hard on it.

wizzard
Soldier
Soldier
Title: if ever a wizz there was?
First Joined: 25 Jan 2003

Postby wizzard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:18 pm

*ahem* back to the topic...

I personally don't care at all about post count. Partly because I spend most of my time here as an observer, and rarely get involved at all, so my post count is always very low. My only problem with the post count is that there are inevitably people who post pointless fluff to get their count up, which is fine in the game room, but is very annoying when it intrudes on serious discussions.

I think the game room is a really good way to divert this fluff. Making it so posts in there don't count would only encourage worse spamming in the other parts of Milagre.

"Morituri Nolumus Mori" -Rincewind

Don't feed the bezoar!

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:49 am

A few changes I'd like to see regarding post count are take it out of the sidebar. Keep it in profiles and the memberlist, but it doesn't need to be there constantly visible.

And get rid of the extra ranks. Why give people an incentive to spam? Yes, it's supposed to be a reward or whatever for the older and more active posters, but as has already been stated by myself and others: quality over quantity.
The enemy's fly is down.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”