The Last Shadow

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

The Last Shadow

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:59 pm

No spoilers, but has anyone read it yet?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Re: The Last Shadow

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:26 am

So, this is a forum that exists. It’s weird seeing the “new post” icon this far up the list.
The enemy's fly is down.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:55 am

I *tried* to read it but even though I had just reread SftD through CofM (I couldn't bring myself to do the last Bean books w/ his kids and all), I just could NOT get into it. I did not like it. I got about a quarter way through before giving up. It was from the library, so I didn't waste any money.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:43 pm

So, this is a forum that exists. It’s weird seeing the “new post” icon this far up the list.
True, true!
I *tried* to read it but even though I had just reread SftD through CofM (I couldn't bring myself to do the last Bean books w/ his kids and all), I just could NOT get into it. I did not like it. I got about a quarter way through before giving up. It was from the library, so I didn't waste any money.
Bummer to hear. Shadows in Flight was also by far my least favorite entry in the series (well ... maybe tied with the "A War of Gifts" novella), but I've been looking forward to a Children of the Mind sequel for so long, so I feel like even if it's good it would have a hard time living up to expectations....
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”