Who's Left? -- I Miss This Place

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Re: Who's Left? -- I Miss This Place

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:57 am

Back with my annual check-in... I still miss this place and everyone in it. I saw there was a Philotic Web FB group, has anyone ever thought about starting a new one (or is that one active?) and bringing the community back together in a more up to date format?

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 am

I think the most modern iteration of PWeb right now is on Discord, but even that's been pretty quiet recently.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Back with my annual check-in... I still miss this place and everyone in it. I saw there was a Philotic Web FB group, has anyone ever thought about starting a new one (or is that one active?) and bringing the community back together in a more up to date format?
Craig (feels weird not calling you Alai), I totally agree. It seems like a lot of us are enjoying reconnecting in this little burst... maybe we can transition that to revitalizing the old facebook group since that's a place most people seem to be more often? It feels like we should do something to stay connected more easily. I think the problem with the old facebook group was that there never really felt like anything to talk about or engage other than saying an initial hello, but maybe if we treat it like a simplified Milagre and had a few threads of conversations going for people to engage? It's a private group, so it wouldn't feel super exposed to the larger world, I think.

What do y'all think?

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 pm

What do y'all think?

I like this idea! I kind of miss having a private place and have actually found myself checking in here the past couple of days.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:21 pm

What do y'all think?

I like this idea! I kind of miss having a private place and have actually found myself checking in here the past couple of days.
Me too!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”