A Song for "Valentine"

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
EnderBowen
Launchie
Launchie

A Song for "Valentine"

Postby EnderBowen » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:42 am

Hi, everyone!

As I'm sure you can tell by my stage name, I'm a big Ender/Orson Scott Card fan. This year actually marks 20 years since I first read Ender's Game and fell in love with it (and, as it turns out it's also when I was given my nick/stage name, so that's kind of cool!)

I have been producing and releasing my own music for almost 20 years now, and I'm celebrating the 15th Anniversary reissue of my debut NEON APOCALYPSE.

I thought it might be fun to share one of the songs with you. It's called "Valentine". It has a bit of a dual-inspiration. The first is obvious - Valentine being Ender's sister. But it's also a love song, which, when I was 18, I wrote for my girlfriend at the time, whose name was Valerie and who was born on Valentine's Day. It was a deliberate kind of merging of ideas.

It's a chill, synth-acoustic song, in 6/8. Definitely has some influence by bands like U2 and The Smashing Pumpkins (particularly from the ADORE era, if you're familiar), as well as Brian Eno and some others.

Please let me know what you think. It's one of my favorites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZd2h2WgIW4
Have a Blessed Day!
Ender Bowen

Indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. Blogger. Success is not a bad word, it's the best one.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”