So long, Ender's Game!

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Re: So long, Ender's Game!

Postby Craig » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 am

Eragon's source material wasn't *quite* the same caliber as Ender's Game. Sure, there are a lot of examples of adaptations gone wrong, but there are a lot that have gone right. We'll have our first glimpse soon, but I for one am cautiously optimistic.

Salaam

StoneGirl8
Launchie
Launchie

Postby StoneGirl8 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 pm

True, Eragon wasn't the best example, but it was one that was especially dissapointing to me. Well, that and A Series of Unfortunate Events with Jim Carry as Count Olaf. That was a travesty. :bash:

The fact that Harrison Ford is in this is a huge source of comfort for me, though I am afraid they're going to beef up Ford's screen time just because he's a big-time actor. Sure, Colonel Graff is important to the story, but only peripherally as the puppet master. I wonder how they're going to transpose those snippets of conversation at the beginning of the chapters to the big screen.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 pm

The more I see, the more at ease I am about this not being terrible but Harrison Ford being in it was hardly a comforting thought when it was first revealed. He has done a lot of terrible movies lately, almost enough to start to outshine his much better, earlier movies.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

graywolfe81
Launchie
Launchie

Postby graywolfe81 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:50 pm

A bit like Jack and Al Pacino, playing caricatures of themselves. The one thing that's bumming me out is Card's disinterest in filming Speaker. Speaker is the greatest or at least most impactful book I've ever come across, and honestly, after reading Ondaatje's The English Patient, I'll never believe a book is unfllmable again, and that book is absolutely sacred to me, it should be shared if possible.

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”