Important update!

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Important update!

Postby Boothby » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Sorry it took me so long to post this, but it's been a whirlwind of a day...

I got a call from Roberto Orci this morning while I was at work (Alex Kurtzman was supposed to have called me a few days prior, but is apparently laid up from a biking accident over the weekend, and forgot to tell anyone).

ANYHOW....

Marvel Productions HAS taken on Ender's Game, and is pushing Orci and Kurtzman (once he gets better, of course) to start updating the script. Gavin hood is assigned to SCRIPTING duties, and (as far as I can tell from our conversation) NOT going to be directing.

The same bunch of guys who did effects for Iron Man are starting pre-production design for EG. ILM will be doing most of the CG effects, and Weta Studios may be tagged for the Buggers (I actually know one of their pre-viz guys, so I gave them a plug...did I help direct them towards Weta??? I'll probably never know. Cool, either way)

Stan Winston Studios was mentioned for the battle suits.

I even heard Jon Favreau's name mentioned in the office hubbub I could hear behind Orci...director, perhaps? Would be very cool.

I've got to send over a data dump to Michael Riva this weekend, and fly out to talk with him and Ryan Meinerding (and Daren Dochterman, I would bet) this coming Thursday.

I'll let you all know how it goes, but I haven't felt this positive about the film since about this same time last year!!!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Wrong day to post this, don't you think? :P

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Or is it the RIGHT day to post it? :wink:
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Or is it the RIGHT day to post it? :wink:
So I was told :P

maurice jones
Launchie
Launchie

Re: Important update!

Postby maurice jones » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:53 pm

here is a song I am trying to submit to the music supervisors to the film. For you Enders Game fans as i am... i tried to capture the mood, feeling and emotions of the book/film in song

go to the link below and talk it up please! I want to know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/maurice-anthony-j ... nders-game

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”