Ho, New People

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:25 pm

I love you, Alea, and thank you so much for the generous introduction. And the storyteller title. That makes me so, so, so happy.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 am

Wil is one of the local computer nerds on Pweb and yes, that's his name. W-i-l. Only one L. He is his household's cook and maid, knows how to sew, likes playing video games, and does not appreciate sports. He's also into outdoors activities like skiing and hiking. Socially, he sometimes has the bad habit of inserting his foot firmly into his mouth but he's not quite as bad as most people might think, overall.
Hey! *waves*

I 'appreciate' sports, I just don't watch them but once a year as I find them repetitive and boring. *nods*

Also, thank you for the fine introduction, Alea. :)

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Welcome back Jeesh_girl15 :D Is there a shorter version of your screen
name that we can use? It feels very formal to use the full name imo.
OK, so yeah I'll be trying to post more. You can call me Jeesh or JG15 or JG. I suppose you could call me a fairy of procrastination, as you can see from my ranking and the fact that it took me a while to actually post after I said I'd try to start posting more. (Sorry, this is the first time I've even touched a computer since then. Plus my dad's been hoging it, and I've been busy.)
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

JohnLocke
Launchie
Launchie

Postby JohnLocke » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:20 am

Welcome Sumerset,

Also new here. I'm 14 so I guess we nearly have age in common. I'm also an avid reader which people find odd for someone my age, and I am possibly the youngest member on this site. Looking forward to hearing some of your opinions in the forum!
"It was what I was born for, isn't it? If I don't go, why am I alive?"

waffleman
Soldier
Soldier

Postby waffleman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:50 am

Hey I have posted this as a seperate thread because I didnt notice this one. anyway here it is:

I shall begin introducing myself by telling the books I have read. I have read: Enders game (no duh) Enders shadow (bean is my fav.) Ender in exile and war of gifts. I am constantly reading new books and this week i will be continue reading the series.

To know some basic info. I play the widespread black ops call of duty. I Love watching the Simpsons. I love Ender and the series. I am 13, in a month I will be 14 so I am the youngest :D. I am in a "gifted" class.

I hope to join and contribute this community.

Thanks, Waffleman

As an addition of reading the posts above me I see I am probably the Least talented here. I feel honored to be posting with people who can write since I am planning to write a short (and probably pretty crappy) novel. My biggest problem in writing stories is the introduction. I can never find a way to get into the story so that the reader has some sort of understanding of the world the story is set in.

I found this website using google.

I am currently living in Canada and dislike the comments on Canada and the people moving to england.

This post is very badly organized because I am writing it at 6:52 AM in a hurry.
I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.
Pablo Picasso

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:30 am

Oh, no worries. We have lots of Canadians on the forum and we love them. And some of us who aren't Canadians wish we could move to Canada for the free health care and other such goodies. Go Canada! :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 am

*SAD*
Alea didn't write one about me!

*runs away crying.....*

But welcome to the new kids... I don't want to say much about myself because I'm curious to see what Alea might say if she comments on me :)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:30 am

I am currently living in Canada and dislike the comments on Canada
I was teasing, Waffles, and I'm fairly, though not entirely, certain the Canucks know this. I dearly love our Canadians.

*SAD*
Alea didn't write one about me!
Don't be sad, m'dear. I'm hardly done, they just take time and a certain frame of mind and I've had one or the other of those things lately but not both. I'll add you in when I get around to the last batch of 6 (...which will be by the end of the year, promise). :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 am

But there is awesomeness we couldn't find in North America! And while the PhD is pretty cool, you know I am talking about the unpasturised dairy products. Oh there is just nothing like clotted cream.....
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 am

I made scones the other day and we ate them with clotted cream and black currant jam. It was HEAVEN. While I do love Canada, I think I'm falling hard for her mother ;)
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 am

Where were we?

powerfulcheese, Kim, Kimmie, Kimmiecat, Kimitha (she has a lot of nicknames, apparently) is our local vet-in-training. She's highly ambitious, has been for as long as we've known her, and that ambition runs the gamut; it's academic, it's artistic (she was part of her college's band, the MOB), it's physical, and personal (she's very friendly). She's getting married later this year and having seen the engagement photos, I can also inform you that she is, without a doubt, also very beautiful. She also bakes, loves foodie shows (Top Chef type stuff), and reads. If you're asking if there's anything this girl can't do, the answer is no, if she wants to do it, it will be done.

CezeN. So, whenever I see this kid's name, I think, "I WILL NOT BE IGNORED." and I chuckle. He hasn't been around much, having gone off to college this past fall and discovered that little thing we call life but I appreciated his honesty and his eagerness to belong, which he always did and just didn't realize. He is pretty big into anime and comics, but beyond that, was simply a curious soul, which is really cool.

Ed, Eddie Pinz or GS. This fellow was the last standing Philly Boy (of a total of 5) but it looks like he's gone now, too. Ask him how he'd describe himself and he's probably tell you something like "I'm a simple guy, what you see is what you get." I always begged to differ. He's a nerd, working in the computer field by day, but he's also a partier, a sports fanatic, and an all around good friend with a big heart. He's brutally honest at times but mostly, he's just honest. He has a dislike for Tom Cruise, canned tuna, most chick flicks, and musicals but loved Across the Universe because it was all about his beloved Beatles. His best quality, though, is that he gets along with just about everyone.

daPyr0x. Cameron. I don't think he's read EG yet. I consider Cameron to be a bit of a lost soul. He knows what he wants, in a vague way, but it's difficult to find the path to get there. What he does is basically technical based customer service but what he should be doing is music. He listens to a wider variety of music than just about anyone I know, simply due to his love for the art form, and while I never heard his singing voice, I have reason to believe it's worth hearing. He's also incredibly smart but in a way that doesn't necessarily flourish in your typical academic setting. Lastly, he has the ability to be extremely loyal, if you are one of the few he lets get close to him.

fawkes. Erica! Comcs, steampunk, dressing up at conventions, paper crafts, tattoos, colored hair on occasion, etc. She's like the poster girl for Cool Nerd. I covet her SW cookie cutters, too. *grin* Erica is a strong willed woman but not overbearingly so. She's gentle and kindhearted enough to get along with anyone but she's also sharp as a tack and knows how to walk the line between being polite and sticking up for herself.

steph. She's a Broadway musical expert who can carry a tune herself, she's an outdoors adventurer and an indoors kitchener, a reader, a crafter (lovely hair clip flowers, clothes, etc.), a party planner and goer,
she at least marginally cheers for sports teams, is a great friend who gives some great advice (as well as great massages), is a mother and wife. She goes to festivals and church, stays at home with her lovely children. She is well-rounded, if you couldn't tell, and leads a busy life, which makes all sorts of sense; she's so full of it (life, not the other thing I usually mean when I say someone is "full of it"). She's warm and funny, gives the best hugs you could ever hope to get, loves very strongly, tells great stories, knows how to stand up for herself, and has this fantastic smile that makes you feel at home, no matter where you are.

thoughtreader. Teresa, no "H." Teresa is an extremely talented lurker who has so much to offer the board. A one time wrestler, this girl is badass but she also has a softer, friendly side. She listens if you need a shoulder to lean on, she's funny and personable, she's one of the least pretentious people I know. She has a degree in art (I'm still waiting to see something she's done :P) and did I mention, she had a freaking zombie themed wedding cake? She's had a bit of a rough past, to put it lightly, but she is doggedly optimistic and hopeful and she really needs to be around, visible to everyone, more often.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Twinny! Petra456 is actually the remaining Nicole (of two) who never gets called Nicole - because she is Fred or Twinny, of course. Talk about strength, this woman has had one of the hardest sets of "life challenges" to get through (parental cancer being one of them) and like a champ, just kept chugging along throughout. She doesn't like Meg Ryan, she loves cats and is also known for her penguinstic proclivities. She loves to bake, she works with clothes (but kind of hates it, more to do with the people I think than the clothes), and is drama-resistant. She's still friends -the bestest- with people she went to high school with, which, if it tells you nothing else, tells you how loyal she is. She also had an allergy to pants because she could never stay in them while on the phone and she giggles. A lot.
Holy cow! I'm just now reading this for the first time! *super Twinny hugs* Geeze, I wouldn't have even come in here if I hadn't seen Steph mention something about it in Milagre!

Darn pant allergy!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 pm

fawkes. Erica! Comcs, steampunk, dressing up at conventions, paper crafts, tattoos, colored hair on occasion, etc. She's like the poster girl for Cool Nerd. I covet her SW cookie cutters, too. *grin* Erica is a strong willed woman but not overbearingly so. She's gentle and kindhearted enough to get along with anyone but she's also sharp as a tack and knows how to walk the line between being polite and sticking up for herself.
*sniffle* What? No, no, I'm not tearing up... I need a tissue...
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Where were we?

powerfulcheese, Kim, Kimmie, Kimmiecat, Kimitha (she has a lot of nicknames, apparently) is our local vet-in-training. She's highly ambitious, has been for as long as we've known her, and that ambition runs the gamut; it's academic, it's artistic (she was part of her college's band, the MOB), it's physical, and personal (she's very friendly). She's getting married later this year and having seen the engagement photos, I can also inform you that she is, without a doubt, also very beautiful. She also bakes, loves foodie shows (Top Chef type stuff), and reads. If you're asking if there's anything this girl can't do, the answer is no, if she wants to do it, it will be done.
Thank you so much, Alea. :)

<3
-Kim

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 am

Dr Mobius, one of three Pweb Joshs. First thing you need to know about Josh, because it's the first thing he'd tell anyone, is he has technically been dead and now has two birthdays. I can't remember how old that would make him now, but he can't be more than a teenager this second go around. Josh was once addicted to WOW, used to stalk another member of the board by hanging around in her tree (virtually speaking, seeing as he is from IN and she was in VA), can't tell a story or hold conversation on the phone to save his life, is a huge pervert, but...well, he's a complete sweetheart and softy. He's considerably smarter than he lets on (I know, that probably sounds insulting) but he is pretty apathetic about just about everything, so it's hard not to confuse that for his being slow. At least, it was for me.
I'm probably fired again for seeing this so late, but I less than three you. =)
The enemy's fly is down.

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”