Early premier? No Midnight Premier?

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Tman1677
Launchie
Launchie

Early premier? No Midnight Premier?

Postby Tman1677 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:25 pm

I don't know about your area but in my area it says Ender's Game is premiering at 8pm October 31st which I can't make but THERE'S NO MIDNIGHT PREMIER? I was really looking forward to and planning to go to the midnight premier so it would help if someone could tell me whats going on.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Re: Early premier? No Midnight Premier?

Postby Boothby » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:52 pm

I noticed the same thing....and then the 8pm shows went away.

Also: there are no "real" IMAX theaters near me, the only ones nearby are an hour away in DC, at the Smithsonian.

And the Smithsonian is CLOSED until the government gets it act back together, so I can't call to check the times (and I don't trust their web sites)!!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

PetraVecchio_
Launchie
Launchie

Postby PetraVecchio_ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:14 pm

All my local theaters are premiering Ender's Game at 7 p.m. But I heard there are areas in my state are premiering it at midnight(I've always perfered midnight premiers.) Don't know if its worth forcing my mom to drive all the way there and potentially miss my AP Spanish test the next day.

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:25 pm

well, I've just ordered my 8pm IMAX show tickets on 31 October! No midnight showing here either :(

I wasn't going to try to contend against all the crowds, but with reserved seats and no need to stand in line for tickets, I thought "why not!?" ... so this will be the first movie i have EVER seen on the premiere night! I find that very appropriate somehow :)

Can't wait :)
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

PetraVecchio_
Launchie
Launchie

Postby PetraVecchio_ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 pm

My brother and Father booked their tickets today. They flew all the way to London just to see the film a week early. (I couldn't go because they so went to the event the cast and crew did early this month. It would have required me to miss the PSATs and other school related commitments this month) I was able to convince a couple of my friends to see the movie with me right after school. So I won't have to see it alone or force my mom to watch it with me. Better to go with people who have no clue about the book is about at all then someone who knows the book like the back of their hand and hates it with a burning passion, I suppose.

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”