Bonzo no Bonzo?

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Bonzo no Bonzo?

Postby EAGLE » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Questions...what people think of this?

http://www.endersansible.com/2013/06/07 ... expecting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“I do believe that I’m going to be very different from what people were predicting, but I think it’s going to be a different flavor to what Bonzo is. I’m just happy that I got the opportunity.”
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Re: Bonzo no Bonzo?

Postby Rootersfriend » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm guessing they will play more to the side that's just as much a scared littlekid as ender is, or at least letting that side out more. They'll do a great job masking it with the bully aspect, but I bet we'll see a lot more of the fear and jealousy of ender than the malice towards him. I mean they can't do too much to him, he has to be a jerk, he has to be a character people love to hate to a certain extent. How by showing the weakness in his eyes they can also play up the twisted "do what has to be done" survival side of ender, I bet they'll be ok making us hate ender a little bit and use Bonzo as a tool to do it.
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 pm

interesting idea, perhaps they will, though it makes me wonder if this is going to be different because of the age difference in the new script or because the movie couldn't be done with an R rating. Rather I don't believe it will be R rated due to the need for family audiance
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 am

I'm definitely with you that I don't think it will be done with an R rating, which is a little dissapointing. Not that I want to see a bunch of little kids running around with thier junk hanging out, or not that I necessarily want to graphically see bones shatter or skulls compress or whatever, but I think that if they don't go full force with it, they'll go to th super tame side. EG is kind of a messed up story, let's be true to it.

Anywho, off of that soap box...The only reason I don't personally think Bonzo was talking about any of that was how specific he was, "I do believe that I’m going to be very different from what people were predicting, but I think it’s going to be a different flavor to what Bonzo is."

That just makes me feel like he's saying "sure, the movie won't be the book, everybody knows that, but I think people will be especially taken aback by how Bonzo is portrayed." But what do I know, I just work here :wink:
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:50 pm

by your last couple lines I hope so. I hope it's "hey I'm different from the book, but I"m not opposite it" kind of thinking. I don't have twitter or the actors emails cause I'd love to ask him what he means (without spoiliers).
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”