Ender's Game Publicity

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: Ender's Game Publicity

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Hilarious interview with Harrison Ford on Jimmy Kimmel. No EG references, but still funny:

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/ ... -live.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did you see the precursor?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:35 am

The "She's still coughing up hairballs, you sick, furry, f*&%!" part? Yep!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

CarryChristSoup
Launchie
Launchie

Postby CarryChristSoup » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm constantly struck by how different Harrison Ford's personality is from the characters he portrays.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 am

"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 2:44 pm

He looks great. When they announced his name as a candidate for Mazer Rackham, I was over the moon with excitement. He's the PERFECT Mazer. I can't wait to see him in action.

-Craig

CarryChristSoup
Launchie
Launchie

Postby CarryChristSoup » Thu May 02, 2013 5:34 pm

These facial tattoos are a perfect example of why I'm excited for the movie. It's a little visual detail that was not explicitly stated in the book, but rather something that the film adaptation has a chance to add to the EG universe. I can't wait to see what other stylistic choices the people behind this movie decide to make.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Excellent post, Carry. I couldn't agree with you more.

-Craig

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Mon May 06, 2013 11:27 am

The official movie page has launched http://www.if-sentinel.com!
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Mon May 06, 2013 11:40 am

Simplistic.....

And also incorrect:

"At present, the law prescribes two (2) as the maximum number of children"

I think they mean "proscribes"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proscribe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ehhhhh....maybe.
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Since we're picking nits, I found this:

"These exclusive academies provide a safe place for gifted children to refine their focus and learn the necessary skills to lead our planet in the impending intergalactic war. Prepare our world for the future and prepare your child for greatness today."

Shouldn't that be intragalactic or simply galactic? The Formic worlds are in the Milky Way and besides even at relativistic speeds, the vast distances of intergalactic travel would take too long.

Also, that's a new screenshot of the mess hall with the scoreboard intentionally (and rather obviously in the full size image) blacked out.

http://media.tumblr.com/9a500324948e49c ... qz4rgp.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The enemy's fly is down.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Since we're picking nits, I found this:

"These exclusive academies provide a safe place for gifted children to refine their focus and learn the necessary skills to lead our planet in the impending intergalactic war. Prepare our world for the future and prepare your child for greatness today."

Shouldn't that be intragalactic or simply galactic? The Formic worlds are in the Milky Way and besides even at relativistic speeds, the vast distances of intergalactic travel would take too long.
"Interstellar" would be my adjective of choice, but I mostly plug my ears and go "la la la, not listening" whenever the phrase "galactic" or "galaxy" shows up in marketing (or even in some lighter sci-fi fare), because the chances are good it will be wrong. Firefly was particularly egregious in appearing to use "solar system" and "galaxy" interchangeably.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Mon May 06, 2013 6:18 pm

'Ender's Game' clip on Entertainment Tonight! http://www.endersansible.com/2013/05/06 ... t-tonight/

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I just went and played the game.

I must have been one of the first 40, since I am also in Dragon Army.

But I noticed something very interesting. Someone please go there and see if they can back me up on this:

If you go here and play the Game (it IS a Game, you know), and look at the moving background image of the far-side of the Battle Room (the Enemy's Gate, if you would), you will notice a series of cars running clockwise just within the bright, white ring.

I think that series of cars is the "Subway System" I designed to allow a person to move from a rotating habitat module to the stationary central core of the space station (in this case, the Battle School). You can read about the "Subway System" in greater detail in "The Authorized Ender Companion" from TOR books, available where fine books are sold. You can also read about it in my technical paper for the 2004 Earth and Space symposium on "Engineering, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments" (what they mean is: "in space")

In other words: I think the Ender's Game movie is using my design.
--Boothby

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:38 pm

I just went and played the game.

I must have been one of the first 40, since I am also in Dragon Army.

But I noticed something very interesting. Someone please go there and see if they can back me up on this:

If you go here and play the Game (it IS a Game, you know), and look at the moving background image of the far-side of the Battle Room (the Enemy's Gate, if you would), you will notice a series of cars running clockwise just within the bright, white ring.

I think that series of cars is the "Subway System" I designed to allow a person to move from a rotating habitat module to the stationary central core of the space station (in this case, the Battle School). You can read about the "Subway System" in greater detail in "The Authorized Ender Companion" from TOR books, available where fine books are sold. You can also read about it in my technical paper for the 2004 Earth and Space symposium on "Engineering, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments" (what they mean is: "in space")

In other words: I think the Ender's Game movie is using my design.
lol would that be an insult or a complament? And I got ASP Army when I did it so idk if it's solely a new thing or not
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:53 pm

lol would that be an insult or a compliment?
Actually, it would be both.
--Boothby

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:31 pm

With a month left to go, when can we expect marketing to swing into full gear with TV ads and whatnot? How long before opening does it usually start for movies? I'm just getting sick of seeing Ronnie's race car movie every commercial break on every channel and am wondering when it will be EG's turn.
The enemy's fly is down.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Considering how the same exact company has already started pushing Hunger Games, including a lot of fan-based marketing, I have to wonder....

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56204541/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thehungergamesexplorer.com/us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vs.

http://www.lionsgate.com/movies/endersgame/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice how most of the ads along the bottom scroll are for HUNGER GAMES!

BTW, I have heard rumors that there are now TV ads for EG, but I haven't seen any of them. It may just be the luck of the draw, but I haven't seen any EG trailers in the movies, lately, either.

Though they STILL have the moving display at my local theater.....hmmm!
--Boothby

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:09 am

yes there are tv ads for EG the movie, sci-fi (I believe) is running some.
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:18 pm

when I went to IMDB to look up something (as I tend to do), EG was TOP billing on the banner. :)
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Kenn,

That may just be a matter of "cookies," though...
--Boothby

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Anybody else get this:

???

I got that today in an e-mail from a local IMAX theater.

Ender's Game comes out a full TWO WEEKS before Hunger Games. Hunger Games has a guaranteed audience.

Why haven't I received a similar ad for Ender's Game? Because I haven't.
--Boothby

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:46 pm

ya it's because there is already a hype for that sequel. The first movie became so big seemingly out of no where. At least it was for me. I never heard of the book, the series, nor anything about it till the movie previous, and thus movie it's self.

Though more to your point is that pandora is currently running ads with the whistle from the mocking-jays from the first hunger games, it's creepy but I instantly remember the first movie when I hear the sound. If there was a way to get pandora to have, idk, "the enemy's gate is down" or something similar for a catchy promo then maybe we would have more hype for the movie.

OSC's bad anti-gay press really knocked the movie out of the lime-light and now something that is the sequel to a damn good movie is pushing everything else out of it's way. (add to it that I heard the audio books for the hunger game series and I personally can't wait because like the Ender universe there is a lock of messed up things to come)
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

dannydawg
Launchie
Launchie

Postby dannydawg » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:33 pm

I actually saw an Ender's Game commercial on tv today, and based on what im seeing on twitter looks like a lot more people are noticing its publicity. These next few weeks will be interesting

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I hope so
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

PetraVecchio_
Launchie
Launchie

Postby PetraVecchio_ » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:17 am

I was watching the Today Show this morning and I saw the commercialImage.

My Father landed in London the other day, he tells me that he's seen a couple of them here and there.

I'm getting really excited now.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am

I also saw the first EG trailer on tv yesterday. One month left!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

PetraVecchio_
Launchie
Launchie

Postby PetraVecchio_ » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:24 am

enderwiggin.net debut a clip from the movie, Ender's Army. The scene is pretty close to the book, if you ask me.

Its on youtube now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 3fu3IJb_qc

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Big Ender's Game billboard (because there are no SMALL billboards) on the Major Deegan Expressway, in da Bronx, NY!!!!
--Boothby

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Looks like we're hitting the start of the advertising push: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=702544096440667" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:05 pm

ok warning on this link (scratch that I'm not posting the link) has Walking Dead visual, well cause it was from the walking dead new season premier. But the last promo (5) was an Enders Game movie trailer. It was at the moment of a climax where they know people will watch. Hell I dont watch the show for a reason but I got pulled into watching it. Bad me, still the promo was well placed and I'm more excited about that then the end of the episode of WD
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 pm

This, I did not expect: The "Photo Booth" at the mall had Ender's Game themes, and you got to watch an Ender's Game commercial in the booth while you figured out the instructions!!

NOT "Hunger Games." "Ender's Game"!!!

Last edited by Boothby on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Boothby

dannydawg
Launchie
Launchie

Postby dannydawg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Definitely lots of commercials now, I did notice it as well during the Walking Dead this weekend (as someone mentioned). My family was up in Times Square this past friday night, and they said they saw ads for it as well. Its getting soooo close.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 pm

huh, that's a pretty funny form of publicity. Glad they're finally on top of it!

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:26 am

I do find it *somewhat* promising that "even" Ben Kingsley and Harrison Ford are so upbeat and rave so much about the quality of the film. Yes, Of COURSE they "should," but I think / hope that they wouldn't be complete sell-outs if they didn't believe it.

Naïve, I know.
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”