LET'S TELL OSC TO DO THIS FOR THE MOVIE!

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Bryan Christopher Sawyer
Launchie
Launchie

LET'S TELL OSC TO DO THIS FOR THE MOVIE!

Postby Bryan Christopher Sawyer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:54 pm

It's real simple. He keeps optioning it to different studios to get it made. Just go with the people who put out Marvel Comics Movies.

I've noticed Marvel likes to make movies of comics they want people to buy. ha ha. So the studio they use, maybe some of the good directors (Bryan Singer) that they've used, those are the folks that can transfer the story to this new medium. They've been having a lot of success lately.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:56 pm

It doesn't work that way. It's Marvel's choice to pursue the film rights. For all we know, OSC took it to them and pitched them the idea and they passed.

Salaam

Arlecchino
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Arlecchino » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:40 pm

So, there are a lot of EG fans. OSC shouls just ask all of them for $20 to do it his way... I'd pay him.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Instead of you paying the 20 bucks, Arlecchino, would you be willing to play the parts of Ender, Bean, Peter, Valentine, Petra, Alai, Dink, Han Tzu, Bonzo, Graff, Mazor Rackham, Anderson, any other characters I've forgotten to mention, any extras that will be need (both human and bugger), as well as direct, film and produce the movie?

I mean, if we're going budget, let's do it right!

Tyme_Brintain
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Tyme_Brintain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 am

is there not a place on this forum that is safe from your condescending posts when they post an idea?
In the end, when the day is through, you return home to begin the journey anew tomorrow.

What's past is past and what's present is funnier.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:37 am

Alas, no place is safe from the Jebes.

Sorry if he's the only one that replies, though. I pretty much assume any idea here has been played to death, or most friendly regulars are just too cynical on their view of the movie by now. In other words, we sit and wait for real news.

If you're bored, I highly suggest checking out Milagre Town Square, and not to be afraid that you have no idea what's going on. But, if you want real news, well, we're all in the same boat.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:51 am

is there not a place on this forum that is safe from your condescending posts when they post an idea?
How clever of you to realise that I'm condescending! You are so smart, aren't you? I'm very, very proud of you.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:27 am

Good, so Jebus is taking a role of some character capable well of snark. Not that there wouldn't be any for that canon.

Honestly, I believe we might have gotten farther with the 'let's make a fan movie omgz' idea than we will with 'what should have OSC done to really get that movie done and fine?'. Could certainly get answers on it sooner.

zeldagirl1234
Soldier
Soldier

Postby zeldagirl1234 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Here is my view.

In OSC's upcoming books, he should put in a little note about that he would like to make the movie and such, that he just needs readers to take a poll/ talk on a forum for who all the main characters' actors/actresses should be and he should raise the price of each copy of the book, say, $10 or $15 to go toward making the movie, and a place on his website to make donations towards the cause. I mean, I would pay hundereds of dollars to him if I knew he was going to use it for the purpose intended.
When in need, you must be the savior to your kind. When not, you must conquer and take charge.

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”