Why the movie should be done.

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
dalekchris
Launchie
Launchie

Why the movie should be done.

Postby dalekchris » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Ender's Game is one of the best books of all time (in my opinion) and I'm pretty sure everbody elses here too. And while Speaker for the Dead and the rest of the Quartet would completly fail as movies, this one would work if it is done carfully, with lots of involvment form OSC and with Enders Shadow being filmed at the same time. Below I have come up with the main issues these films would run into and my solutions to the problems.

1: Back story. OSC mentions the vids about the bugger wars quite frequently. Start with a made up scene with the Wiggens watching one of them before Ender goes to school and gets his moniter removed.

2: Bean. It might be difficult to make a tiny, hyperintelligent kid on screen. But they did manages the hobbits in LotR so anything is possible.

3: Romance. Or the complete lack of it. SInce the majority of the characters are 6 to 13, any romance is impossible, wrong, and breaks the original story. Replace this with the tension already present in the book between the soldiers and launchies. Just dont make Anderson a girl.

4: Simulator battles. WHile the battleroom and the bathroom will have plenty of motion and stuff to make them interesting on the screen. A 3-D hologram would not. Make it a Virtual reatlity interactive enviroment, and the problem is solved.
Buggers, piggies, and Descoladors are THE best aliens ever!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am

This isn't actually the place for this topic. Can one of the mods take the time to move all the junk out of here into "Random Speculation"

I think the general rule should be "if it isn't news, don't post it here." It's incredibly frustrating to see something pop up in this forum and go take a look expecting to actually hear something about the production of the movie.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Yeah, I was going to move this.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”