Games Posts Deletion Policy EVERYONE PLEASE RE-READ.

A place to play games and pass the time.
Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Games Posts Deletion Policy EVERYONE PLEASE RE-READ.

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:35 pm

In response to the outcry about the deletion of Games Room threads, this is an announcement.

At least three mods have agreed that threads can and likely will be deleted when they reach 15 pages. We will not delete a thread if it is a game which requires reference to previous posts (example: mafia).

If further modifications need to be made to this policy, they will be.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 am

are riddle and trivia threads on the no delete list? just curious because we don't want to have the same riddles and trivia questions appearing over and over and over. wouldn't be any fun. That and they aren't getting used for post count alone.
Ubernaustrum

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:17 pm

I think they can be left alone. Threads that require a bit of history won't be likely to be deleted.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:34 pm

kool, thanks.

btw, thanks for posting this thread. it'll reduce public outcry.
Ubernaustrum

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:06 pm

well, the trivia and riddle threads are still fun! and they probably won't be deleted. in fact they are the only threads i have any interest in going to anymore in the game room.
Ubernaustrum

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Okay, folks, I'm tired of the complaining every time I delete a games thread so here's the deal...
We delete them for the following reasons:

1. They take up space. Locking them doesn't free up room. We don't yet have archiving technology on this forum, so I can't archive them, which is what I would do in an ideal world.

2. They are mostly filled with fluff and/or one line posts. Word Association, Count to whatever and the like have no meaning, and don't really matter if they get deleted.

3. Games threads often get used for the sake of inflating post count and we want to discourage that and encourage people to be a part of the greater community.
If you don't like your post count going down, you can post in Milagre, posts are never deleted there.

ETA: Oh, and to be clear, I am not singling anyone out here. I am not mad at anyone. In fact, I am very, very rarely mad at anyone on pweb. If I tell you do to something, it's a friendly reminder, not a sign that I hate you or that I want you to leave or whatever.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Got it Jayelle. No more complaining.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Games Posts Deletion Policy EVERYONE PLEASE RE-READ.

Postby Tiny genius » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:44 pm

I didn't know that posts on deleted threads were taken off a person's post count. Now I know and thanks.
Personally I think that if you have to post for the sake of a post count you don't deserve to have one. Earn it through actual interaction with the people.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Games Posts Deletion Policy EVERYONE PLEASE RE-READ.

Postby EAGLE » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Welp since it got moved to the battle room for the first time in my memory, I have to ask...

Will Calvinball be deleted ever? Mostly I ask because the older post that explains everything about/ how to play calvinball are extremely helpful when a good bit of time has passed and new launchies find it. Keep in mind I will always play it when I pop in.
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Return to “The Battle Room”