So I've been gone for a while... but I thought of something

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
puppets
Soldier
Soldier

So I've been gone for a while... but I thought of something

Postby puppets » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:07 am

And I'd like to say hello to you all, even though noone probably remembers who I am.

One thing I thought of, after reading Bean's Saga; Petra, Bean, and Peter Wiggin, all had children obviously.

And their home was Brazil as well. So one noticeable trait in the later Ender books, is the fact that each world is based off of a country, for the most part.

You all see where I'm getting at?

There might be a reason why the Lusitanian's seem like such a brilliant group of people for the most part, especially from Novinha's genes, but possibly the descendants of Bean, Petra, and the Wiggins as well?

This may have been brought up before, but it just came to me.

I know the 3000 year time difference was probably enough to make Ender so distant from these possible relatives, that it would not be incestuous at all, but still kind of a neat possibility that, these people are indeed far off descendants of Ender's family and friends.

Now ome of you are gonna say Lusitania is portugese (sp?), but if you read through SftD it is mentioned multiple tiems that they are Brazillian in origin. Do brazillians speak portugese? I don't know.

But if any of you can prove me wrogn or right, I'd like to know, it is just a small matetr stuck in the back of my head.
"I knew you were searching for him. I didn't want to interfere until you found him. Just in case you think you were really smart, young man, we intercepted four street thugs and two known sex offenders who were after you."

Sister Carlotta

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:27 am

Brazil DOES speak Portuguese, yes...

an interesting prospect, to be sure....
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:51 am

It's a fun little trivia fact that more Brazilians actually speak Spanish than Portuguese, despite the fact that Portuguese is the official language.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:38 pm

You're not the first to speculate about a connection between Petra and the Wiggins living in Brazil and the fact that the Lusitanians are Brazilian. Indeed they could be Peter and Petra's descendants, but it's not really important either way.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:16 pm

It may not be as unimportant as you think, Jason. When asked about it, Scott did sort of step around the question, while affirming that it was a strong possibility and suggesting that, if true, it may appear in the linking novel. *shrugs* Unimportant characters, ideas, and plot lines have been known to become the focus, after all.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”