Second Formic Wars?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Second Formic Wars?

Postby Rootersfriend » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:38 am

Hello! Man, I can't believe it's been close to a year since I was on here last! What's wrong with me!?

So now that Earth Awakens has come out, and was/is amazing, it leaves me wondering; will there be more?

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. EG takes place during the "third formic war," even though we brought it to them. The Earth series chronicles the First Formic War, will there be a series for the second? I mean we hear allusions to it all throughout EG. Most of the vids he watches are from it, it is where Mazer does his thing and where they truly expose the hive quality of the buggers, so...Please? I loved the Earth series but it left me wondering, "Yeah but I kind of know what happens next, are you going to fill in the details for me!"

So PWEB friends, especially OSC, I ask you, are you going to fill in the details for me?

Glad to be back!
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

xandersnow86
Launchie
Launchie

Re: Second Formic Wars?

Postby xandersnow86 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Here's an answer to your question from wikipedia:
"On November 4, 2013, Johnston confirmed[7] work on a second trilogy of novels covering the Second Formic War, with the manuscript for the first book due in 2014.[8] The titles of the novels (In order) will be The Swarm, The Hive, and The Queens."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_(series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Here's my question: In earth awakens, the Formics keep eviscerating people. Why was this? My guess is they were looking to see if that person was a "queen", because maybe queens are the only ones to have some special organ. This would perhaps have left them a bit baffled as to why these creatures (humans) who seem to be acting with free will don't have the organ.

What do you think?

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 am

I was wondering the same thing and didn't really have any great thoughts on it but that makes a lot of sense the way you're thinking about it.
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

craigdchilds
Launchie
Launchie

Postby craigdchilds » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Here's my question: In earth awakens, the Formics keep eviscerating people. Why was this? My guess is they were looking to see if that person was a "queen", because maybe queens are the only ones to have some special organ. This would perhaps have left them a bit baffled as to why these creatures (humans) who seem to be acting with free will don't have the organ.

What do you think?
I think the Formics were confused by humans. They didn't consider us sentient beings because we lacked the basic ability to communicate telepathically. From their viewpoint, telepathic communication was the very essence of intelligent life. They never considered there might be another way to communicate through speech, radio, etc. But they noticed, on the other hand, at times we acted almost like sentient beings, able to coordinate our efforts in a very limited way to defend ourselves from their attack.

The Formics were searching for whatever organ Queens have that gives them sentience and intelligence and ability to "speak". They eviscerated every body they came across because they thought it might be possible some humans were non-sentient workers and others were sentient queens. (Victor and Imala missed this when they were talking about the eviscerations. They assumed if the Formics were looking for an organ they would have quit looking after the first few people didn't have one.)

El Excavador
Launchie
Launchie

Postby El Excavador » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:24 am

Cant wait to see the alien point of view of the wars, not just because of all the cool techological advances that the formics bring with their ships, but also because of the interaction between Hive Queens.

So far, we have only expirienced dialogue between the hive queen and other people, like ender or jane, si it will be very interesting to see how that plays.

lemminkainen
Launchie
Launchie

Postby lemminkainen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:41 am

Can we please have a release date for the first book of the second formic war? We are so close to completing the Enderverse and I need the closure, and I believe all of us feel that way. One more trilogy and Shadows Alive and we are done. I can't wait any longer. Just release the dates and many of us will feel better. Even if the dates are wrong and just an estimation, that's fine, lie to me, I don't care!! Just give me a round about release date!! :bash:

JZA
Launchie
Launchie

Postby JZA » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:32 am

My thughts on formic viceration hit the same wall that Imala mentioned. Why if they wanted humans, they dont just capture them alive, or just stick with one..

My guess, and probably is wrong, is that they are looking for a carrier of eggs or a holder of eggs.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”