Descoladors Planet? (Xenocide/Children of the Mind)

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
BobbyOodle
Launchie
Launchie
First Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Descoladors Planet? (Xenocide/Children of the Mind)

Postby BobbyOodle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Orson Scott Card has not yet closed up the story on the planet where Descolada originated, and was left open at the conclusion of Ender's Quartet.

What are your thoughts on this?
Do you think he's gonna close up this sub plot in Shadows Alive?
Do you think he should?
How do you want or imagine this conflict to turn out?

Any thoughts at all!
Salaam, my friend.

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Descoladors Planet? (Xenocide/Children of the Mind)

Postby EAGLE » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Orson Scott Card has not yet closed up the story on the planet where Descolada originated, and was left open at the conclusion of Ender's Quartet.

What are your thoughts on this?
Do you think he's gonna close up this sub plot in Shadows Alive?
Do you think he should?
How do you want or imagine this conflict to turn out?

Any thoughts at all!
Yes he should and yes I think he will in shadows Alive, or at least touch on the subject. it's too open ended to be left alone.

Conflict wise I'm not sure, but I'm very curious about it. (a.k.a. i got work in 15mins so I'll post more tonight after work) :stoned:
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Varelse
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Varelse » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

:X
Last edited by Varelse on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spasm01
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Spasm01 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:19 pm

keeping in mind that i have not read the shadow series (its so hard to get past the rotterdam scenes in the first one), i feel he really should give us the conclusion of this story line before all this extra claptrap with first formic war stories and such. of course i enjoy both the pathfinder and mithermage series, but i really just want the ending of ender's series. and while i'm sure there are many that are just like me and just wish he came out with it, he has to do it on his terms of course, and i don't see him keeling over anytime soon (knock on wood), so i'll keep hoping and reading till then :)

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I am really anxious to find out about the Descoladores.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:09 am

Ditto
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

MirosNewBody
Launchie
Launchie

Postby MirosNewBody » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 pm

ME too I want them to be able to actually communicate
M y ~ n e w ~ b o d ~ i s ~ s o ~ h a w t
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every story is fiction_________What matters is the _________you chose to believe.

Agriffindor
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Agriffindor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 pm

I wonder if the Descoladores planet was created by beans kids after Shadow's in flight, seeing as they worked in DNA, and they kept their brains. Theres roughly 3500-4000 years difference right? would that be enough time for them get somewhere and do that sort of thing?

Perhaps they were also one of those that discovered Jane, she mentions a couple of other planets that she talks to. With the brain power of the 3 smart Delphiki Kids any possibility is concivable

Rooter The Pequinino
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Rooter The Pequinino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:38 pm

I wonder if the Descoladores planet was created by beans kids after Shadow's in flight, seeing as they worked in DNA, and they kept their brains. Theres roughly 3500-4000 years difference right? would that be enough time for them get somewhere and do that sort of thing?

Perhaps they were also one of those that discovered Jane, she mentions a couple of other planets that she talks to. With the brain power of the 3 smart Delphiki Kids any possibility is concivable
I haven't really given this a lot of hard thought, but just on gut reaction i think this is a super cool concept.

Resident Plugin
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Resident Plugin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:06 pm

I posit that the Descoladores planet should be a Meta Utopia/ Dystopian society based on a hyperspatial theory of 'own world' where the virus is needed to regulate in place of complex AI, almost like a biological AI designed to regulate dystopian equality. This theory allows for modulated planetary atmosphere that gives the species through some ingenius means the ability to access their shared social data through genetics instead of electronics. Formost the primary reason that the virus has spread to other planets so positively is to 'assimilate' foreign subspace strings for the creation of a more imbedded "philosis" of reality. in that charter members of this station are able to resonate on a greater plane of spatial dimension and action. . .
"close your eyes imagine this" :grouphug:

DescoladoreEnderII
Launchie
Launchie

Postby DescoladoreEnderII » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:44 pm

YES. This would be a perfect wrap-up to the Shadow and Ender Sagas, yet would make Shadows Alive more focused on the Ender Saga than the Shadow Saga it seems to be part of, based on name. This wouldn't really leave much room for Peter's adventures with Si Wang-mu, either.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”