When you know you're a nerd [POTENTIAL SMALL SPOILER]

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

When you know you're a nerd [POTENTIAL SMALL SPOILER]

Postby Rootersfriend » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:09 am

So I just started Earth Unaware (I know I know, I'm behind, I have that and Earth Afire to read, gotta find time!) and got to the part where O'Toole just recruited more men for the MOPs. It's talking about the New Zealand SAS guys and Wit is going through them and it says "...and the last, a Maori, Mazer Rackham..." That was one of those times where I got that super excited welling up in my chest and just wanted to be like "Awwwww yeah!!" But was sitting quietly in a room with a bunch of people so I restrained myself and settled on a big goofy grin.

Just me? What are other times you guys have felt that way and had that moment where it really sets in again that "I'm totally geeking out over this but I love it and I'm ok with it!"
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

mywildimagination
Launchie
Launchie

Re: When you know you're a nerd [POTENTIAL SMALL SPOILER]

Postby mywildimagination » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:16 am

Every day of my life. Own it.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:48 am

What he says...

--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:27 pm

I am going to steal that image and share it on Facebook.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:46 pm

being a nerd is like being Peter Pan, you never have to fully lose your childhood, you can always act like a kid when you get really excited about amazing things happening. :thumbs: (also Neo-dragon, I'll be taking a note out of your book and posting that as well)
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:50 am

[quote="TerresaWiggin"]being a nerd is like being Peter Pan, you never have to fully lose your childhood, you can always act like a kid when you get really excited about amazing things happening.

Not sure how I missed this before.
So speaking of being a nerd and Peter Pan and all...Peter Pan was always one of my favorite books, and also one of my favorite Disney movies, I think because I feel like that whole concept of never losing that sense of childlike wonder is something that very much sums me up. On my ribs I have a big Pan Pan tattoo, it's not of Peter, I felt like I wouldn't ever live that down, but covering my whole rib section in very whimsical-storybook type lettering I have "Second star to the right and straight on til morning" (directions to Neverland for anyone not familiar).

So hooray for Peter Pan and nerds!
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”