In what order should I read the Ender's Game series?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Kaydon
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Kaydon » Tue May 14, 2013 11:44 am

I have read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.
What is the best route to take?

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Re: In what order should I read the Ender's Game series?

Postby KennEnder » Tue May 14, 2013 1:29 pm

it may seem straight forward, but actually I would need more info to know which course is best for YOU. I don't think there is a single "best" route through the maze... I read them in the order they were written because that's how they came to me through history. Obviously, that route worked for all those who were just sitting around waiting for the next book.

Now that there are so many books at your fingertips... and two parallel stories and several ancillary books ... it *could* conceivably be better to read "background" books before reading books that take place later...

Then again, you can read the more "exciting" series (another debatable category) or the more "thought-provoking" series ... depending on your age or primary motivation.

Which book of those two you HAVE read did you personally prefer? If you preferred EG to ES, then *maybe* you should read the original EG series first.

you see the problem.

Basically, every individual who comes to this juncture has the same dilemma... and this exact question has probably been addressed elsewhere on the site... but take all those with a grain of salt. YOU know which you preferred so far. YOU know which kind of books interest you most, probably. Without telling us your life story, we probably cannot give you too much guidance, but maybe a little reassurance is all you need...

Both series make a good first read. Both series make a good followup. So don't sweat it... go with your own gut.
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”