You flame

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Crazy Sam
Launchie
Launchie

You flame

Postby Crazy Sam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:40 pm

What is your least favorite part of the books? Anything for any reason.

Mine is after the fight at BS in the BR with the older kids. Three of the kids are congratulating Ender and one says "You flame" to me this always seems odd and I know flames are dangerous and what not but it seemed like a reach by OSC to find cool slang. No offense Orsen!

What about you guys?
Last edited by Crazy Sam on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Re: You flame

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm

I so agree with you on that...
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: You flame

Postby Tiny genius » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Eh, thinking about it it does seem like that but I listened to the books on audio because of my eyes and the narrator really caught the rhythm of the slang and spoken the way he did it it sounded pretty cool.

Bear in mind too that these are children. Kids often say things that seem funny or cool to them and older kids just look at them and say, "U-huuh."
Meanwhile the only thing I really didn't like about the series is the way that Ender did and said things around Bean in ES that weren't spoken about in EG and some of the scene's meanings were different so EG or ES feels misleading when you read the other one.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”