First Time Reader, Long Time Fan

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
MMAniacle
Launchie
Launchie

First Time Reader, Long Time Fan

Postby MMAniacle » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Ender's Game has been on my reading list for years and years now, so I was extremely excited to finally get the opportunity when it was assigned to read in one of my classes this Semester. All I can say is that it was definitely worth the wait. I find the author's control over the tempo and emotions within this book to be absolutely stunning and thoroughly enjoyed the way that he was able to make a very captivating story about a topic that is on such a slippery slope.

I, as I assume most readers do, felt sorry for Ender as he was forced to give up his childhood so early. While I understand Earth's need for him to grow up so fast, that did not make it any more heartbreaking to watch. I also found myself almost screaming in the back of my mind that maybe someone should look into WHY they are attacking the Buggers. It seemed very obvious throughout the book that the lack of communication between species was becoming a huge issue.

I look forward to reading the rest of the books, and I will make sure that it does not take me as long to read the sequels as it took me to finally pick up the original, that is for sure!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: First Time Reader, Long Time Fan

Postby Luet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 am

I'm glad you enjoyed EG so much. It has been one of my favorite books since I first read it twenty years ago (wow, I'm old!).

But welcome to pweb! We hope you stick around. Most of the posting takes place over in Milagre, so come on over and join us. And have a limeaid. :limeaid:
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: First Time Reader, Long Time Fan

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes, welcome to Pweb! Be sure to let us know what you think about the rest of the Enderverse; if you thought EG was a great story, I think you'll find the Speaker Saga is that much richer. Well, I hope you feel that, anyway.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”