Peter vs Peter 2.0

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
HectorVictorious
Launchie
Launchie

Peter vs Peter 2.0

Postby HectorVictorious » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Who do you like more?. The original peter or the one created by ender in Xenocide. I can't decide.

Inexoh
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Inexoh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Honestly, the one created by Ender. I read that series first, and now that I'm in the Shadow series, I'm slightly disappointed. Toward the end of Shadow puppets and onward into Shadow of the Giant, his overall personality seems to alter. In a good way, for the series. Considering what he's trying to accomplish, and that it's not entirely self serving. But while comparing him so strongly to Achilles in the past, and the part he played in Children of the Mind; he's certainly much different. His true intentions, I guess.

ptr.arkanian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ptr.arkanian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 pm

I think that Peter, the one on Earth, altered himself because it was beneficial for his career. I think that the real Peter is a genius. He grew up; he's no longer the bad, big-brother Peter that Ender knew as a young child. The Peter that Ender creates is simply the Peter that Ender knew, a bright young boy who used peculiar tactics to torture his younger brother. Ender never knew the Peter that grew out of that. Therefore, I would have to say that Peter the Hegemon, is better, not only as a person, but as a representation of who Peter Wiggin truly is.
Share this dragon
If you do
Lucky end for
them and you
-Petra Arkanian

HectorVictorious
Launchie
Launchie

Postby HectorVictorious » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:38 am

Yeah, but the Peter Ender created was only like that untill Ender was dying. Once more of Enders auia was inside Peter he altered also. He got his own personality. I think i like Ender's Peter more. Because once Ender dies isn't peter just Ender without his memories?

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I like them both, they are two totally different people really, I haven't read Children of the Mind in a while and have more recently read books in the Shadow series as well as Ender in Exile so I'm more familiar right now with the original Peter.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”