Enders Game reaction

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
coope519
Launchie
Launchie

Enders Game reaction

Postby coope519 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:58 pm

My reaction to Enders Game was that Ender and the other characters who are children do not seem like children at all. They all act as if they were in or past their teens. I also thought Ender was not given time to be a child. He was used, kept isolated and depressed, that is no way a child should be treated or a way to help him use his full potential. Ender being happy and with friends would not lessen his ability to be a good solder.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sat May 07, 2011 9:52 am

They didn't need Ender to be a good soldier, the soldiers were all launched to the Bugger worlds decades ago. They needed him to be a good commander. They needed him to stay focused on completing the mission and not get sidetracked making social plans with his friends for after class.
The enemy's fly is down.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat May 07, 2011 10:17 am

Social plans...that triggered "social site" in my head and I started imagining the EG crew being on FB, posting on each others' walls and poking each other. Weird.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

scifi19
Launchie
Launchie

Ender Reaction

Postby scifi19 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:46 pm

It was interesting to read a book that was dependent upon children being the answer to all of life's problems and fighting a battle that is usually done by adults. I personally enjoyed this novel and found the development of the characters to be intriguing even though the children were robbed of their early hood experiences.

On the other hand in Ender's case I don't think his childhood would have been too normal since he had already killed a boy on earth and he didn't even know his own strength. I feel for Ender because he feels remorseful when he hurts people while his brother finds satisfaction in this whole process of hurting others.

This is a top notch book!

mcs003
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game Reaction

Postby mcs003 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Halfway through this book I knew I had to read the rest of the Ender series. OSC created characters so magnificently [i]human[/i] that it became impossible not to get sucked into the story.

It was easy to forget that the characters in Ender's Game were in fact children, and it was not until something particularly dark and intense occurred that I would be jarred into the realization that these were [i]kids[/i], Ender being no more than 10 for much of the book.

Put simply, this book blew my mind and I can't wait to start reading Speaker for the Dead.
MCS

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”