You know you've read too much EG when...

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
spootytwk
Launchie
Launchie

Postby spootytwk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:31 am

When you try to explain the term philotic web, and evidently do it in such a manner that the idea sounds so plausible that the person says "oh, all that physics stuff".
That's funny because that's actually happened to me :lol:
"When religion & politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movement become headlong - faster & faster. They put aside all thought of obstacles & forget that a precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late." - Bene Gesserit Proverb-

spootytwk
Launchie
Launchie

Postby spootytwk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:43 am

When you check pweb postings more frequently then you do your email.

When you've gotten every one of your co-workers addicted to EG and try to convince them to join pweb too. (no takers yet)
"When religion & politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movement become headlong - faster & faster. They put aside all thought of obstacles & forget that a precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late." - Bene Gesserit Proverb-

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:01 pm

when you're on your fourth copy of Ender's Game, and already have 3 people lined up to borrow it, and are thus fairly sure you'll need a new one in a month or so

you have dreams of your school's band room being renovated and turned in to the battleroom
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:27 pm

When you get angry at your sister for not being interested in reading Ender's Game, and swear to her that you just KNOW she'd like it if she gave it the chance..

Astrum
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Astrum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 pm

When you find you can't think of anything else without getting bored.
I'm too bored to think of some witty remark to go here. Just imagine there is one and laugh at how funny it is.

theevilpplz
Launchie
Launchie

Postby theevilpplz » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13 pm

When you nickname your appendages: A toon, B toon, C toon etc...

Then when walk into daily life you have to call out to each to perform routine tasks:

"A and B! Slide down the walls and grab that pencil and pull back! C and E will cover you!!"
I lolled

Instead of saying 'Oh god' you say 'Oh Ender' because to you. ENDER IS GOD. :evil:
All your gnomes are belong to us

Achilles de Flandres
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Achilles de Flandres » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:20 pm

When you think about Faster Than Lightspeed Travel realize that it is theoretically sound, and try to thinkyourself into your driveway while sitting in rush hour traffic!
AH-SHEEL

lyons24000
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Darn Red Shells!

Postby lyons24000 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Dream of bouncing off walls.

Get scared that you're going to think the Dune Prequels are better because you read them first in the same way other people think the Shadow series is better because they read those first.
"This must be the end, then."-MorningLightMountain, Judas Unchained

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 pm

My first post!

When you want to wish yourself Outside, but are afraid to try too hard in case you go Out but not back In.

When you get your friends started reading Ender and then when you nag your friends to finish reading series, and then get mad at them for reading something else first.

When you think of cross overs with the most random universes (Dragon Ball, etc).

When you start any type of account with a username referencing Enderverse.
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:13 am

when you're on your fourth copy of Ender's Game, and already have 3 people lined up to borrow it, and are thus fairly sure you'll need a new one in a month or so
I have one thing to say: buy used books. I check for Ender's Game in every used bookstore I visit and its usually a dollar or two, at which point I buy a copy.

Now, you probably think I'm crazy, but really, I'm not; I swear.

Getting books back you've lent out can be somewhat difficult, depending on the situation. And I really don't like lending out my personal copies of Ender's Game, for one reason or another. I don't like lending out my first edition because, well, it's a first edition and I don't really want to lose it. I don't like lending out my copy of Ender's War because it was terribly hard to find and I just happened to find it in Chicago for $4, at a time when neither Amazon Marketplace nor Half had it. And I can't lend out my first paperback version because it is now a) missing the cover, table of contents, and part of the introduction, and b) fragile and in two pieces. And I can't very well lend out the hardcover copy I gave my wife shortly after we started dating.

So, if I see it for a dollar or two, I pick it up. And then when somebody asks to borrow a copy, or if I really want someone to read it, I lend them the paperback. Sometimes, they'll even offer to give it back.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Graphmiester
Launchie
Launchie

There can never be too much EG

Postby Graphmiester » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:36 pm

You Know you've read too much when you hear about someone dieing and want to speak thier death! :shock:

Graphmiester out.
Everything in life is a choice and you are who and were you are because of the choices you have already made!

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:44 pm

You know you've read to much EG when:

When eating Greek, Polish, Thai, Indian, or Mexican food make you think of the Delphikis, the Wiggind, Suri, Virlomi, or the Ribieras (sorry if i spelled their nase wrong. i don't have a book on me.)
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Mexican food
Huh?

The Ribeiras were of Portuguese descent, not Mexican. It should remind you of Bonzo if anyone, considering the Spanish and Mexicans share more in common than Brazilians and Mexicans do.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 am

... the Spanish and Mexicans share more in common than Brazilians and Mexicans do.
The land of both countries was conquered by people from the Iberian Peninsula; does that count? And they're both part of the Western Hemisphere! ;)

SYPHON OUT!
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Oh. My bad. Well, i still think of the Ribeiras when i eat Mexican. It's to hard to change my train of thought.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:24 pm

It's to hard to change my train of thought.
I'm going to be rude now, but no, it's really not too hard...you're just lazy.

Which is fine since it's just food and a set of characters. Just thought I'd point out that you mixed up the two cultures somehow. :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 pm

You know, you are probably comeplety right, but i'm to proud to admit it.

Gov%ShakespeareCol
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Gov%ShakespeareCol » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 pm

You try to convine your wife to name your first child Andrew. She knows why and refuses.
Ah... the names that I have suggested to my wife...If only she didn't know me so well, I might have chosen from Bruce, Richard, Andrew, Julian, Harold, Peter, Tim, Malcolm... I only got Gabriel to be considered because she thinks of the Archangel, not a certain webcomic.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:02 am

If you see someone referring to their child's name as 'Ender' and you get complaining about 'Wait, wannabe, there's only ONE Ender, and that's Ender Wiggin'.

[Happened here.]

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:15 am

You check this site more than your email.

Gov%ShakespeareCol
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Gov%ShakespeareCol » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm a Buddhist, and I participate in a Sunday morning discussion group that we call Sangha. It is basically a group in which we discuss various aspects of Buddhism, what they mean to us, and how they apply to the world around us. Being the youngest in the group (a ripe, virile 21), not to mention by far the most prolific fiction reader, I tend to be the one that makes connections to pop culture or what I call "modern myths" (Star Wars, Ender, Lord of the Rings, Batman, etc.)

I'm also a proud member of the local Police Department, and have been known to quote pertinent EnderVerse (and also frequently Batman) ideas at roll call while everyone is bantering before and after shifts.

That being said...
You know you've read too much EG when:

You have referenced it so much in your religious discussion group, that people begin to ask unprompted, "Well, what does Ender have to say about this concept?"

You quote Ender to your colleagues so often that they call you by an Ender-related nickname. (Most of them just call me Ender, but some of the ones who have actually read it call me Officer Wiggin.)

edit (4/27/09): This one just happened to me today:

When you are at a party, and someone mentions "this dumb book my friend was rambling about that had something to do with little kids fighting alien bugs in some video game war." At this point, everyone in the room falls silent and worriedly looks at you. You know, the kind of look that crosses people's faces when someone makes a "your mom" joke to someone who's mom is dead.

plazmamuffin
Launchie
Launchie

Postby plazmamuffin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 am

When you are in marching band and before you go out on the field you whisper to someone,"The enemies gate is down!"

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey. Welcome Plazmamuffin! I don't think I can offer limeade. Oh well.

You know you've read to much Ender's game, when you try using "kuso" when your teacher doesn't like "crap"

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

That's also a sign of watching too much anime.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Too true, dude. Too true.

Col. Graff
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Col. Graff » Sun May 03, 2009 12:12 am

When you cry at Peter's funeral. (Come on, you know you did too...)

Col. Graff

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sun May 03, 2009 2:46 am

When you cry at Peter's funeral. (Come on, you know you did too...)

Col. Graff
You mean there are people that weren't moved by his death? o_O Or I'm missing something?

ThatOneGirl
Launchie
Launchie

Postby ThatOneGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 2:00 am

when your friends use, "fine then, i wont read Enders Game!" as a threat.
Ummm....
Well, I guess I had to come to terms with it sooner or later.
And I thought I was strange...I'm home!
How about spending February 14th depressed because there isn't a Peter's Day?
So out of devotion to (and in the spirit of) Peter you decide to stage a hostile takeover and celebrate it on Valentines Day anyway

Purity Control
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Purity Control » Tue May 19, 2009 3:52 pm

~ When when you say "dragon" instead of "cool".
Example--->"Dude, did you see Star Trek? It was totally dragon..."
For now all my concentration is focused on inertial control and navigation. Targeting isn't even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm's length.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Wed May 20, 2009 9:24 am

(*giggly* That wouldn't raise much suspicions around here, having quite a few friends who refer to awesome things as 'pony', stemmming from that show My Little Pony, dragons would get just mingled in the animal crowd. *totally adopts the idea*)

- If you feel sorry in the country of your origin one can't be named Andrew

[.... but we have official ways to celebrate the names of both Peter and Valentine, and Peter eventually gets two days a year of celebrating! If this isn't a proof of him ruling with awesome, I don't know what else is.]

- If, instead of deleting stupid chain letters, you think of what coding is it using and who is the sender meaning something serious by it

- If you start saying things like 'Oh jeesh' instead of 'geez' and think it's its primary spelling
Last edited by Eskarina on Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Wed May 20, 2009 9:43 am

When you reference him on your AP English Test. I'd elaborate, but I know there are teachers on here, and they aren't supposed to know the questions.

When someone on the internet is telling you about their bully expriences, and you reply by telling that someone he should "Go Ender Wiggin on him".
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:24 pm

When the series is all you've been reading for the last month.

chadwick0
Launchie
Launchie

Postby chadwick0 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:52 am

when you have not only decided 100% you are getting and ender's game tattoo.. you are desperately trying to decide what it will look like

when you get pissed when all the ender names are taken in every video game you play(they always are)

first post WORD UP
chady0 hit me up on aim.... i like to talk about ender.. no.. but really ido

Froth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Froth » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:30 am

When you read this thread and realize how brilliant some of the ideas are.

Welcome chadwick. :)
*Insert hilariously accurate quote about the way the world works and a tad sexist about woman, that 99.9% of the forum wont laugh at, but Ill rofl for hours at*

such is me and my humor.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:58 pm

When you freak out cause you realized last month, you forgot to read your monthly "Ender" book... Not really true... I just thought of it.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”