Have you fallen in love with an E.G. character?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Have you fallen in love with an E.G. character?

Postby Tiny genius » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:55 pm

If I could cunjur someone up from outside... Well I was torn but then if I was outside Jane would already exist.

So the answer is Bean, i fell in love with him and would conjur him up given any chance at any price.
If Bean wasn't possible, then Petra.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Dem0sthenes
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Dem0sthenes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 pm

For some reason, I have always loved Alai. Maybe it's because Alai is a Muslim and he just seems so spiritual, especially in Shadow Puppets when Petra goes to Damascus and sees Alai in the garden. I could picture that scene perfectly.
Poke gave him life. Ender gave it meaning.

Kill Devil Hill
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill Devil Hill » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:17 pm

For some reason, I have always loved Alai. Maybe it's because Alai is a Muslim and he just seems so spiritual, especially in Shadow Puppets when Petra goes to Damascus and sees Alai in the garden. I could picture that scene perfectly.
That was my favorite scene in the entire Shadow series. Excellently executed, OSC.
We can shed our skins and swim into the darkened void beyond
We will dance among the world that orbit stars that aren't our sun
All the oxygen that trapped us in a carbon spider's web
Solar winds are whispering, you may hear the sirens of the dead.

Briseis_Liberated
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Briseis_Liberated » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Kill devil hill, I think I've been to your name sake!! Aaanyway... I fell in love with Peter. There was a scene in one of the books that insinuated he wasn't as violent as Ender (and everyone else) thought...but rather manipulated to follow the path that he ended up on. I loved pseudo peter in CotM.. An exact representation of what everyone thought he really was. I hurt for him a little...
One mind can think only of its own questions; it rarely surprises itself. -Bean ES

Beanie Boy
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Beanie Boy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Actually, Ender's Game is one of the one books with a character that I naturally see myself with someone. I mean, whatever the book, movie, series, ect, I usually have one character that I play favorites with, develop a crush on. It's my own way of being boy crazy, I guess. XD

Although I do have a soft spot for Peter, and found myself really loving him once I'd started Shadow of the Hegemon, since Ender's Game I always loved him the most. Which is surprising since I usually don't go for the stereotypical heroes. There's just something about Ender that you gotta love. As Alai puts it in Ender's Shadow, "If you're good, you love him. If you're bad, you hate him." Not just the fact that Ender's soul is inherently good, it's all the struggles he has to go through to keep that, maybe its the fact that he perserveres even when you'd think any normal person would have given up or gone crazy by that time. He has an unbreakably good soul that I love.

And throughout the Ender series, as I read the books, for some reason--and this has never happened to me before--I always saw myself there at Ender's side. Whether or not I was an active character, whether or not I was just a person standing in the background, among those cheering him on and calling his name, I was always there.

I roleplay Ender's Game with a friend of mine I introduced to series to and I do have an OC of mine that ends up falling in love with Ender. Although she's not my clone, I do project a lot of my emotions into her, because no matter what Ender does or where his life takes him, I always see myself facing it all right there with him.
"Remember, the enemy's gate is down." - Bean (Ender's Game)

"Demosthenes explained it to someon else. Someone who could have used Ender as no one else could have, to rule the world and make the world like it." - Colonel Graff (Ender's Game)

"Sickness and healing are in every heart. Death and deliverance are in every hand." - Ender (Speaker for the Dead)

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 pm

I fell in love with Bean while reading the shadow series, but after considering for a while people who I could really see myself with I realized that he was really to logical for me (he is still one of my all time favorite EG characters btw). I think Ender would be my ideal, however its also probably part of the reason I don't have a boyfriend, I compare everyone to Ender and, lets face it there is really no one like him. I guess if I really loved someone I would get over their imperfections, I could certainty go for someone like Peter or even Dink (I have a bit of a rebellious streak and kinda blow off things that others find important.) but in terms of crush/boyfriend type love I don't think I can go for anyone without always knowing in the back of my mind that they aren't Ender and never will be. However, if anyone said to me what Miro said to Jane, "You'll go on needing Ender all your life and all you'll ever find are poor substitutes like me." I would marry them. period. end of topic. that was one of the sweetest lines in the series.
rambling,embarrassed,and feeling like an idiot
Terresa :oops:
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

BobbyOodle
Launchie
Launchie
First Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Postby BobbyOodle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Valentine. All the way. Her good intentions and way of saying the worst things when you need to hear them, but in the best ways so it doesn't hurt. And just her way of being social, bring the community together perfectly, the thing that she did much better than Ender did. Valentine is my woman.
Salaam, my friend.

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 pm

//silently sticks image here
ya that's about right!!
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

dk55717
Launchie
Launchie

Postby dk55717 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Definitely Petra..../me daydreams of what it would be like if the enderverse were real...
I think I would be good friends with Peter because sadly enough he is much like me so we would either be friends or kill each other.
I would say Val but shes just to...good.
Image -Image -Image Image - Image

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 am

Petra,

She has all you could ever want in a woman. She smart, charming, beautiful (at least in my mind), totally the type you'd "bring home to mom" but also the type that would kick some butt in a barfight if need be. She's strong, independent, super sassy, and yet craves the companionship of a good man who will lead her well. She's the type of person you want to be the mother of your children. A partner in crime and also someone to cuddle up and read with. She's encouraging, and pushes you to do better but not in a way that's unrealistic, she just sees the potential and wants you to thrive. Yessir, Petra is the girl for me.
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

tealeaves
Launchie
Launchie

Postby tealeaves » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 pm

I've always had a crush on Peter too, original and the one Ender created. I guess it's the whole bad boy with a conscience type of attraction. I think he's the only literary character I've ever liked in that sense, nice too see he also has a fan club :)

Varelse
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Varelse » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 pm

:X
Last edited by Varelse on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demostheness
Launchie
Launchie

Postby demostheness » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:17 am

I think I fell in love with Ender in the same way that he fell in love with the hive-queen. Through reading all of the books, I came to know him in such a way that there wasn't a possibility of not loving him. I sobbed for a good ten minutes when I finished the books because it was all over.

Hegemon816
Launchie
Launchie
First Joined: 23 Mar 2014

Postby Hegemon816 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:19 am

Probably jane/neoVal cuz of how understanding and helpful she is throughout the series. Also OSC depicts young Val as kinda hot

Sickness and healing are in every heart, death and deliverance are in every hand.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”