Hello, pweb

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
tauist
Launchie
Launchie

Hello, pweb

Postby tauist » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:22 pm

I've looked through a bit of the posts here, and having finished the Enderverse series (or at least all the books that have been published- there's a book called Shadows Alive coming later, right?), I've decided to join. Plus, the limeaid looks good. Do I get some?

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Re: Hello, pweb

Postby Boothby » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

Here you go, friend!

:limeaid:

(BTW, is that "tauist" with a "d"?)
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

tauist
Launchie
Launchie

Postby tauist » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Yay, limeaid! And in response to your question, I'm not exactly sure what exactly you mean. My username is kind of a play on words, "tau" and "taoist," the former referring to the circle constant circumference to radius ratio τ, tau. I am a math nerd :D .

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:22 pm

I meant this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taoism (modernly Daoism) is a philosophical, ethical, and religious tradition of Chinese origin that emphasizes living in harmony with the Tao (also romanized as Dao). The term Tao means "way", "path" or "principle", and can also be found in Chinese philosophies and religions other than Taoism. In Taoism, however, Tao denotes something that is both the source and the driving force behind everything that exists. It is ultimately ineffable: "The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao."

YOU mean 2*π, eh?
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

tauist
Launchie
Launchie

Postby tauist » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Yes, yes I do.

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”