Who am I?

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
Teatime42
Launchie
Launchie

Who am I?

Postby Teatime42 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:52 am

Hello!

Many years ago (Sometime between 2004-2005) I joined PWEB, and posted for a while. After some time, my posting eased, then ceased. And I had pretty much forgotten about it entirely.

Until I saw a commercial for Ender's Game.

And the first thought that went through me head was, "Holy crap, they actually did it!"

I remember how popular a topic it was back then to discuss, so (A few days later, woo... free time -_-) I decided to go back, and make at least one post, at least one celebrating the fact it made it for old times sake.

Put Pweb had been reset, my account was gone (And I most likely had a different web address assigned to it, one I no longer have). I did a search of my e-mail, and all I found was an e-mail I forwarded to myself from a "ami@[redactedjustincase].com" for a password reset back in 2005.

I can't even remember the name I went by, all I remember is the fun me and another poster (a variation of "ValentineWiggin", so impossible to track down XD) had.

I think I was some variation of "Speaker" (Original, I know). I may have posted a bit excessively. There wouldn't happen to be anything left from the old accounts or anything would there? How complete was the forum crash?

Aside from that, I semi-remember a few faces! :D Hello again!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: Who am I?

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome back! I think you predate my time, but we've still got a lot of oldies around.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Hey there. I was around back then. You can spend lots of time checking out the wayback machine, some links work and some don't, but you may be able to find your user name:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503010000 ... ticweb.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Teatime42
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Teatime42 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks luet. Going through the 2003-2005 time period, and it's maddening, I recognize so many names, but not enough to be 100% as to who was who. XD

Gonna have to keep trying, hate when something stumps me.

thoughtcannon
Launchie
Launchie

Postby thoughtcannon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm also from the early 2000ish era and have no recollection of my original name. I hung out a lot in the pweb chat (which I think was a group chatroom on AIM but I could be wrong) and was good friends with FredWeasley (Nicole) among others. I'm in the facebook group (Brian Lynch) but I can't remember my old pweb name for the life of me.

Edit: I found it in the Dec. 14, 2003 capture.
Thread title: Which State R u from?
I really don't want to repeat my username.....fine

ADDgenius
*sigh*

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”