HO!

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
Jrzy
Launchie
Launchie

HO!

Postby Jrzy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:22 pm

I am so STOKED to find this place and join all you good people in discussing probably the next best Epic Saga to Lord of the Rings: ENDER'S SAGA!!!

I am so happy they decided to do a LIVE ACTION film, as opposed to the earlier recommendations of making a CGI film. Hate CGI for an Epic film like this. I mean, they can use CGI for effects, but REAL PEOPLE. I need to see ENDER and the gang.

I'm surprised they cast someone who looks like ELIJAH WOOD for Ender, though. I thought Ender had blond hair.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: HO!

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 pm

I thought Ender had blond hair.
There is a line in the book about how he looks like a younger Peter and Peter is described as being dark-haired. I keep thinking I should dig that up again but never do.

But welcome!
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Jrzy
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Jrzy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 am

Oh, really? If that's the case, then the Peter they got is wrong. Hehehe! That's okay, Frodo was supposed to be fat, too. I forgave Peter Jackson for the liberties he took with the films because it's really impossible to translate the whole book into film anyway.

I'm just so excited about the fact that this book (and I hope the entire saga) will be turned into film. I LOVE THE ENDER SAGA TO DEATH!!!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I'll have to say, I'm right there with you. Tolkien and OSC hold the top 2 tiers in my private ranking of books/authors.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”