Ho, New People

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Ho, New People

Postby Sumerset » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey there,

Eh, Just some new guy is all. My name's Keilan, but i answer by my username just fine. I really hate introductions that don't tell me anything about a person and only say "hi" so i'm going to appease myself.

I'm 17, a Senior, and an avid reader and (semi-sorta) writer. OSC is my favourite author (gee that's really out there! Betcha never saw that coming.) Um, interesting fact, my English teacher knows Card and we're working on getting him to come down and do a talk for our class. Ummm...I really like puppies...I now feel sufficiently appeased.

-happy day,
-Sumer

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 am

Wow, where is everyone? I can tend to be slow around here, but it's downright dead right now!

Welcome to pweb! Have a tasty limeaid. Stick around, although we are in somewhat of transition. We'll be moving to a new home soon. (I'll let someone else explain all of that.) Anyways, I hope you come with us when we move!

I'm steph. I'm 28 and have 3 cute kids. I am a massage therapist by trade, but a mom full-time for the time being. I read when I can and sleep every second I can find. I love cooking and baking and I'm getting into crafting, since all my friends are crafty and I was feeling inferior. Wow, I probably sound really old, but I'm not, I swear! I'm young and fun! Ask GD! She knows!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm Ali, I'm a student by trade, but hopefully that will someday become "professor by trade". I'm also a professional carer, I work with folks who have mental disabilities. I'm very passionate about that, and it's what I study, too (sorta). I'm married, but no kids, and I'm 27.* I like crafting, and I really like cooking, too.

* Steph, I thought you were way older than me!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey guys. Pweb? I'm guessing Philotic Web ...something. Ender's bathroom?

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:06 pm

P(hilotic)web. Pronounces PEE-web. :)
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 pm

* Steph, I thought you were way older than me!
Did you just call me old? Hehe! No, I'm still young. Brian is old, though. he's 33. I was 21 and he was 26 when we got married.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:51 pm

I think that when I joined, being only 18, and seeing this "steph" person looking for a hot mormon boy, I assumed you were a lot older than I was! Wow. Cool beans!

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi, I see we have some things in common. We are both avid readers and we both write, sorta. :lol:
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:59 pm

@Spanish_Rockette: Awesome, do you have anything you're working on right now? I'm working on a new novel, i've got the plot all down (subject to change) and all the Characters set up. I'm only 2,000 words into chapter one though...damn you school.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 am

Hiya, Keilan. :)

First, welcome. Sorry about my friends; they're super shy, apparently. At least, they're not rude, even though they haven't poured on the welcomes; truth be told, most don't look in here because Milagre is the heart of this place. I believe EL already explained how it came to be called Pweb.

Second, mind if I ask how you stumbled upon our happy little establishment? as steph mentioned, we are in the middle of attempting to move to a new domain. Pweb used to be more than just a fan forum and there are some of us who would like to see it get closer to what it once was and can't do so if we stick around at .net. If you're curious about where we've come from, check out the FAQ, page two of this area (the Foyer); look for all the images from PwebArchivist. If you're interested in where we hope to go, check out Milagre, Pweb Meta Talk thread, that appears to be started by Petrie. That is also me, by the way, Petrie. Silly story there but it's not entirely uncommon for some of us to assume more than one username. Mostly it's for jokes and we don't always know who assumes the alts but I made my dalliance with Petrie public knowledge.

Third, I can in fact assure you that Steph is not only not old but also tons of fun. I was kind of scratching my head that she would even assume someone else might think otherwise.

Fourth, since the goobs of this place are being all quiet, I'll introduce you to some of them after I tell you about me, since apparently my hi at the top isn't enough to appease your sense of introduction.

I'm GD/Petrie by username but get a little weirded out by people who refer to me by that once they are considered a friend. Friends call me Alea, which is good, since that is my name. I work in a library, love SF with SW (not so crazy about the EU, truth be told), BTTF, the Terminator series as notable favorites in movies and OSC pre-Shadow series as well as most dystopian YA fiction as notable favorites in books. Zombie apocalypse stuff has become a favorite topic of mine over the past 2 or 3 years, to the point where friends have started gifting me (so far mostly unhelpful) pieces to add to my survival collection. Anywho, I think that's enough about me. On to the friends.

EL (Ali) has already said hi so moving on, Jayelle, a.k.a Jan. I've come to think of her as Pweb's momma; though she is rather silly and random sometimes, she has calmed some since first showing up (which was actually well before I did). She used to work in a library, pretty sure hopes to return to one, is married to the very sweet Caspian a.k.a. Paul 1 of 3. She has two beautiful little girls, Ginny and Maggie, and is also a 20something year old. Sadly, a Canadian. Also, she loves steampunk, like some other members here but I'm still waiting to understand that particular movement.

locke, a.k.a Adam is a complete loser because he moved from Missouri to Los Angeles for college years back, left us during that time, returned, and has once again mostly left us (for a girl and work, who in the hell does that?!). He's our big movie buff and can do a mean Donald Duck impression. No kids, not married, but also a 20something year old (a lot of us are).

Rei. A.k.a he has a name but only weird people call him anything other than Rei because...it's weird to call him anything else. He's married to the lovely EL (they met here!), is unfortunately as Canadian as they come but is moving to England with his wife to pursue awesomeness that you just can't find in North America, apparently. This fellow paints some pretty awesome stuff, keeps an interesting blog on all sorts of deep topics, such as religion, language, and what it means to "be."

zero. a.k.a. zero. He's crazy paranoid (pretends it's just to be funny, though) and is the oldest member who's name we don't know, let alone face or other personal info. I hate him for this but figure he'll come around one of these years (probably not). He's also who I consider to be our biggest nerd. Studied CS but it is safe to say he knew more before or on his own than he learned in classes at college. Very into comics and video games and cats, especially cats in comics that play video games. Don't tell him I said this but he's actually pretty funny sometimes. Oh, 20something year old but ask him how old he is and he'll have to think about it. Hates birthdays.

Young Val, a.k.a Kelly. Writer, book industry woman by trade, foodie by night. She's incredibly smart, definitely funny, well-rounded in musical tastes, can out-read and out-write everyone here, and doesn't post nearly enough anymore. 20something year old living in MN but originally from back east, of the Beanish area. She loves Post Secret, greatly dislikes processed foods, and is this warm, extremely friendly person. Lure her out and you'll never be sorry you did.

Anyhow, I actually have about 18 more folks to go if they don't pop out and beat me to it but I have to pretend to be responsible and get in motion for work or else they'll pretend to consider firing me. I'll pop back in later.

Welcome! Stick around. Learn to love us.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Dang, I should have let you introduce me instead! You should do it anyway, since it would be entertaining for me to see what you'd write!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Seriously.

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow GD/Petrie/Alea, that was quite the introduction. I am very well appeased xP

I stumbled upon the forms while searching for one of my favourite quotes from Ender's Shadow (the one where bean ....some people might not have read Ender's Shadow (that would be odd, but possible) the one where Bean starts off "Oh, Absolom" through the microphone) anyway thank you for the great, big, long, enormous and beautiful-block-of-text introduction! It's appreciated greatly. I don't think you have to worry about being "fired" any time soon :D

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Lure her out and you'll never be sorry you did.
Consider me lured (though I can't promise you won't be sorry).

Hi Sumer, welcome to Pweb! We're a quirky, cantankerous bunch, but loveable on the whole. Please stick around; we could use some shaking up.

Alea, I am beyond words and very, very touched. Thank you.

I hope I don't dazzle the new kid with my apparent awesomeness and start a new reign of terror and intimidation. I'm told that can happen.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Wow, i'm dazzled by apparent awesomeness and i think you've started a new reign of terror and intimidation!

Hey Young Val/Kelly. You're a writer? Ever have anything published?

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 pm

I have been published (though only one paid publication) in a variety of places. Mostly short stories, but some poems and a few articles. I was offered a book deal in college to translate all of Yi Ping's poetry into English after working with him to translate a few things for a college course, but turned down the offer because I don't consider myself a poet and I thought that accepting such a deal would be "dishonest." I have been kicking myself ever since.

In my heart, I'm a writer. In my soul, I'm a writer. In my Word docs I'm...a procrastinator. I am working on two novels currently; I flutter back and forth between them. It seems unlikely (at this moment) that either will ever, ever be finished.

Mostly I get the bookish award around these parts because I worked in the publishing industry in New York for years, working at two prominent literary agencies and for a literary scouting agency. I've sold numerous projects, met, worked with, and humiliated myself in front of many, many, many famous writers (some of the stories are truly astounding), and generally had an all around fabulous time. I'm still pursuing working the publishing industry, although since leaving New York my career has hit a bit of a plateau. I still do a lot of freelance reading and editing in my spare time, though.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:34 pm

That's awesome. I can relate to being a writer in the heart but a procrastinator in the actual doing of...it's quite frustrating. I wish you luck with your two novels!

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:19 am

Anyhow, I actually have about 18 more folks to go if they don't pop out and beat me to it but I have to pretend to be responsible and get in motion for work or else they'll pretend to consider firing me. I'll pop back in later.
I better be one of the about 18 or I'll pretend to consider firing you myself. I'm actually kinda glad I poked my head out of Milagre in bored curiosity for the first time in years.
The enemy's fly is down.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:58 am

Adding Ali and Steph, since they're silly:
EL
starlooker
Luet
jotabe
neo
Mich
Dr Mobius
hbc
Petra456
Jebus
Syphon
brain
Wil
powerfulcheese
CezeN
Ed
daPyr0x
fawkes
steph

I was just going down the member list, determining who I thought I could do justice to but I think I bit off a few people-sized bites I probably can't chew; I will attempt them anyway. Just, not right now and not all at once.

Now quit being rude, Josh, and say hello to the nice, articulate new person.

great, big, long, enormous and beautiful-block-of-text
ha, you have no idea. That's like my signature move, I'm much ashamed to say.

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 am

Now quit being rude, Josh, and say hello to the nice, articulate new person.
Ha! You have no idea how inarticulate i am in RL. I stumble over sentences all the time. I think to fast for my mouth lol.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Wow, where is everyone? I can tend to be slow around here, but it's downright dead right now!
I would suspect I'm not the only one that doesn't usually check the foyer. Usually there's nothing new here!
especially cats in comics that play video games.
Hey, what? I don't read vgcats anymore!

Edit: Oh yeah, uh, hi! Have some limeade on behalf of the Canadian Alliance.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 am

Adding Ali and Steph, since they're silly:
EL
starlooker
Luet
jotabe
neo
Mich
Dr Mobius
hbc
Petra456
Jebus
Syphon
brain
Wil
powerfulcheese
CezeN
Ed
daPyr0x
fawkes
steph
Not me right? (Although I would be completely flattered)

Welcome Sumerset! My name is Brian, I am also 17 years old, though I live on the other side of this country. Full time student taking whichever classes interest me and for the past few years that subject happens to be engineering, that just being my dominant interest. some of my others include writing (although I'm not working on anything currently) dance (ballroom mostly) massage (.......) and computers (I'm NOT the guy you want to talk to about them). I 'm not one of the main people on this sight but I think I've been a member long enough to be part of this "family?" or group or something. what would you guys call it?

Anyway, welcome to Pweb. :D
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:41 am

mr_thebrain, actually. May I point out this little tidbit for you:
Lurkers FTW!
You've made it close to impossible for me, or anyone else, to get to know you particularly well. But you did post quite a bit last night; keep that up and I'd be more than happy to. Lurking is for weirdos and silly gooses. :P

Sumerset
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Sumerset » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Wow, you sound like me Brian xP. I'm looking into Aerospace Engineering and Computer Engineering myself; as well as writing classes, when i go to college.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Hehe, I kind of really want Alea to introduce me : )

Welcome to Pweb though, i'm Fred!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:20 pm

You've made it close to impossible for me, or anyone else, to get to know you particularly well. But you did post quite a bit last night; keep that up and I'd be more than happy to. Lurking is for weirdos and silly gooses. :P
I felt like breaking out of my shell. (and I plan to continue) So when I feel comfortable enough I will change my signature. :)

Well plan on taking a lot of classes cause engineering has many, for whichever branch you decide to go into.
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

Oliver Dale
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Trapped in the Trunk!

Postby Oliver Dale » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:04 am

Howdy to you!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 pm

I figured it out; they're just lazy and curious. Ah well. Batch 2.

EL, Ali. Oh my. What to say about this goofball? I have such a strange history with her, it surprises me still about how wrong I had her pegged years ago. She is silly. Super silly but she can also be serious, too, and she's very impassioned about medieval studies, religious studies, and disabilities. She'll be heading back to England in January to continue these studies. She loves tea. LOVES it. She's pretty darn well-rounded; she makes jewelry (earrings, necklaces), she crafts (crochet? I need to learn the terminology), loves to write letters, bikes, has worked in a spice shop, loves Surf Ninjas, chases ducks to ease stress, and owns more books than the library I work at (okay, slight hyperbole there). I was a little shocked to learn she married Rei since I always assumed she'd end up with the Doctor from Doctor Who. Rei is lovely, though, so no complaints from me on that one.

starlooker, Kirsten. It's not Kristen; it's definitely KIRSTen. Doctor Kirsten, to be precise, and also relatively recently married to an Oakland fan, but I still love her anyway (I'm a Chargers fan...that rivalry goes way back). Please, please, please don't eat loud crunchy food near her and although her degree is in psychology, not only should you not ask her to analyze you, she won't be doing it without you asking. Around here, she is not a practicing doctor, she's just our storytelling artist who loves to mix salty and sweet (goldfish and chocolate, I believe but I could probably stand to be corrected on the specifics). I'm not sure who else thinks of her as a storyteller and it's certainly not every post but she has a way with words that make you think she must surely be quoting some great work of art. The artist part is pretty self-explanatory; she dabbles in the paints and has made things at a level I could only wish to get to someday.

Luet, Naomi/Nomi. Nomi is a married, 30something year old stay at home mom for a lovely bearded dragon and a cat (just one?). She hails from the great state of NY, tends to garden-like things, makes jewelry (earpins), has been known to do secret shopping, crochets (I think that's what it's called), and does letter-boxing. Now, the problem with telling you about Nomi is all her best qualities -her kindness, thoughtfulness, etc.- are things best observed and not something I could do justice to with any short introductions. She is one of the most selfless people I know.

jotabe, has he used his name on the board? I am unsure of whether he just doesn't or doesn't want it used, so I'll skip telling you. We call him Jota, though, which is simply Spanish for the letter "J". He is a scientist type, working on his dissertation currently (in physics, Jota?) but he's a curious guy, so he dabbles in a bit of everything, including poli-sci and philosophy. He hails from Galicia, which is almost-Spain, he's part of the 30something year old club, and some might say he has a hard time distinguishing between confidence and arrogance (at least, we've had two or three threads turn into arguments between him and the rest of the male population on the board over this). He is really playful and it is a super-rare thing to see this guy in any mood other than "happy" or "content."

neo-dragon, Jason. This guy is a science nerd...I mean, teacher. He's pretty obsessed with sitting around, questioning what it means to be human and all that stuff. He is trained in karate, I believe, is a big SF fan (kind of twitterpated with Dune), and thinks Canada is heaven or some such place. Oh, he also wishes he were Batman or a ninja turtle, and watches quite a bit of the things on Collegehumor. For a guy, he likes some pretty cheesy music that just borders on the line of almost-too-cheesy for men and definitely-too-cheesy for women outside of the 1980s.

Mich, Jeff, though ask most people and even if they know his name is Jeff, they'll still think it's Mich for a second. A lot of people think he and zero are the same person but I have to say, all things being equal, they can't be because Jeff is way cooler. :P No, they're both cool in different ways but they are similar. Jeff loves comics but he doesn't limit himself to online comics; he'll read and maybe even prefers (pure conjecture on my part) paper comics. He's also pretty well versed in games, ranging from board to video. My favorite thing about him is how willing to try stuff he is; he's the only guy I know who not only would give Hairspray a shot but also enjoyed it enough to listen to the soundtrack without a woman telling him to. He currently has two cats but has previously owned a bunny, and unrelated to all that, he crafts (paper).

Dr Mobius, one of three Pweb Joshs. First thing you need to know about Josh, because it's the first thing he'd tell anyone, is he has technically been dead and now has two birthdays. I can't remember how old that would make him now, but he can't be more than a teenager this second go around. Josh was once addicted to WOW, used to stalk another member of the board by hanging around in her tree (virtually speaking, seeing as he is from IN and she was in VA), can't tell a story or hold conversation on the phone to save his life, is a huge pervert, but...well, he's a complete sweetheart and softy. He's considerably smarter than he lets on (I know, that probably sounds insulting) but he is pretty apathetic about just about everything, so it's hard not to confuse that for his being slow. At least, it was for me.

I felt like breaking out of my shell. (and I plan to continue)
Excellent. I love the process of getting to know people on the board. :) I look forward to getting to know you better.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 pm

I figured it out; they're just lazy and curious.
I have an excuse. I've been in California.
Luet, Naomi/Nomi. Nomi is a married, 30something year old stay at home mom for a lovely bearded dragon and a cat (just one?).
Two cats - Monkey and Yoyo. I won't quote the rest of what you wrote but wow, you actually made my stomach feel all quivery for a minute. Thank you.

You are really amazing to know everyone on pweb so well. I am in awe.

And welcome, Sumer!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 am

I figured it out; they're just lazy and curious. Ah well. Batch 2.

EL, Ali. Oh my. What to say about this goofball? I have such a strange history with her, it surprises me still about how wrong I had her pegged years ago. She is silly. Super silly but she can also be serious, too, and she's very impassioned about medieval studies, religious studies, and disabilities. She'll be heading back to England in January to continue these studies. She loves tea. LOVES it. She's pretty darn well-rounded; she makes jewelry (earrings, necklaces), she crafts (crochet? I need to learn the terminology), loves to write letters, bikes, has worked in a spice shop, loves Surf Ninjas, chases ducks to ease stress, and owns more books than the library I work at (okay, slight hyperbole there). I was a little shocked to learn she married Rei since I always assumed she'd end up with the Doctor from Doctor Who. Rei is lovely, though, so no complaints from me on that one.
I'm not lazy, I did my own! I was just curious to see what you say. :)

I do believe that's the first time anyone's called me a goofball. *beams* I do make jewellery, particularly twisted-wire types or sometimes beaded. I knit as well as crochet (and yes, you got it right), and have dabbled in quilting, cross-stitch, bath-item-making, quilling, and probably other things I can't recall - Jack of All Crafts, master of none, eh?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:43 pm

A few more. :)

Helen is the consummate Southern belle and she, like any true Southern stereotype, loves food. She is a nurse but her true calling, last time we checked in, was for her to be a housewife type. She has some pretty serious life situations going on, including a wedding to plan, but always puts forth a happy, silly, outgoing side. That's pretty telling of the type of strength she has.

Twinny! Petra456 is actually the remaining Nicole (of two) who never gets called Nicole - because she is Fred or Twinny, of course. Talk about strength, this woman has had one of the hardest sets of "life challenges" to get through (parental cancer being one of them) and like a champ, just kept chugging along throughout. She doesn't like Meg Ryan, she loves cats and is also known for her penguinstic proclivities. She loves to bake, she works with clothes (but kind of hates it, more to do with the people I think than the clothes), and is drama-resistant. She's still friends -the bestest- with people she went to high school with, which, if it tells you nothing else, tells you how loyal she is. She also had an allergy to pants because she could never stay in them while on the phone and she giggles. A lot.

Jebus - one of the 4 Pauls. He's rarely around anymore but he is, hands down, the funniest Pwebber. The humor works so well because it's intelligent humor, even if it seems simple, I guarantee it's not (or not mostly). But he's quite a bit more than that and I honestly feel a bit sorry for Pwebbers who only know him as that. He's a history buff, highly informed and logical to a scary degree. He's a pretty big social drinker and just plain sociable, and even though he'll never admit it pubically, he's a total sweetheart. He's loyal, caring, and will go out of his way to be there for his friends. It's hard to learn this last bit about him because he gets a thrill from offending people and coming across as a jackass. Also, sheep jokes are always in close range of this guy because of his being Irish. As for his accent? Pretty weak, from what he says.

Syphon is one of a minority of Pwebbers who I would classify as being grossly misjudged, though in his case, it's more of a matter of him getting off to a rough start and opinions not changing with time. He also loses himself in political/law/logic-based conversations which, unluckily for him, is mostly what he engages in. He's not an arrogant guy, which is one way he may come across. He's actually very considerate, caring, silly, and funny but I will say his humor takes a certain type of person to appreciate; he's a cornball, see. He can quote just about any movie he's ever seen, loves to watch comedians, is a pretty fanatic reader, and is a football junky. He likes basketball to a lesser degree, too. History and English are two of his academic loves but law is his specialty and has been his career field of choice for forever. He's married but has no rugrats yet and age-wise, well, he's a baby practically all things considered. He's always been a little bit ahead of the curve.

mr_thebrain, aka Josh one of three. He is married and scary, only not scary at all because he's really a giant teddy bear who just looks scary. He's one of the oldest members on the board and doesn't post much but he's one of the ones I believe will be here until the bitter end. From what I can tell, he's into hero stories (comic book, 80s television characters, etc), I'm pretty sure he's into sports, and big guy is not afraid to speak his mind. He's also addicted to soda and is one hell of a cook (Italian food).

Wil is one of the local computer nerds on Pweb and yes, that's his name. W-i-l. Only one L. He is his household's cook and maid, knows how to sew, likes playing video games, and does not appreciate sports. He's also into outdoors activities like skiing and hiking. Socially, he sometimes has the bad habit of inserting his foot firmly into his mouth but he's not quite as bad as most people might think, overall.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:34 pm

These are awesome, Alea, I have to say! I really should check the Forum more often.

PS my description was the best of them all. Jus' sayin'.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:05 pm

*shyly walks back in*

Hey again. It's been a while, I know. But I think I may stick around a little while and I'll try to spam a little less.

Alea, great intros by the way. They reminded me how cool you people are. (not trying to suck up or anything! Just being heartfelt) :D
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I think I may stick around a little while
Please do. :) I would like that very much.
I'll try to spam a little less.
Because of the dynamics of Pweb, from the very beginning of it, I've found it's difficult to truly go back to that, if we must call it spamming. That excitement and that connection you have with the people who help you "spam" is hard to recapture. All the same, even if you found that again, I'd like you to stick around.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 am

Welcome back Jeesh_girl15 :D Is there a shorter version of your screen name that we can use? It feels very formal to use the full name imo.

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”