Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:12 pm

believe it or not but as you get older you might actually ENJOY spending time with your parents. WHOA.
I'd actually really like it if this were to kick in any time now. It'd make many things a lot easier.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Dear You:

Listen. I know you said you're too old for me, but it's only two years. It's really not much. My parents are further apart than that. Just sayin'.
And I'm certainly glad you think I "rock", and that I make "anything look good". You have no idea how flattered I am. But I refuse to admit that because I'd look like a sap.
And I want you to know I saved all of our IM conversation last night. And that I get all warm inside whenever I look at it. You nearly made me cry, you know that? Why do you have to be so damn nice? I could stop liking you, then.
But I don't want you to stop being nice, because I like you and want to continue liking you. My life was complicated enough before you....why'd I have to go and find you again? Why'd I have to decide to make contact, brake the silence, and rekindle my feelings for you? I should have left well enough alone and tried to forget. It might have been easy, I haven't seen you in over a year.
I couldn't have done that, though. Becuase once I start thinking, I can't get you out of my head. And I keep thinking about you. I thought about our conversation all through church, and even now the thoughts keep retrning. You're making it hard to concentrate. Don't you know I've got an essay to write?

But I don't want to stop thinking about you, because I like you quite a lot.....

-Me
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:19 pm

believe it or not but as you get older you might actually ENJOY spending time with your parents. WHOA.
I'd actually really like it if this were to kick in any time now. It'd make many things a lot easier.
I'm 32 and it still hasn't happened. I think it depends on who your parents are.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:47 pm

I've always liked my parents (even as a teenager). But when my mom was sick, we got really close. Spent a lot of time together. I miss her like mad, now.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Dear you,

How does one person use half a roll of toilet paper in half a day? seriously, living by myself a roll will last a month or so. You only need about five sheets and fold and wipe and fold and wipe, sometimes a second set of five sheets, you don't have to rip off a wad of twenty sheets and do that two or three times. I'm just presuming that's what you do, since half a roll disappears every day you're here, but when you're gone on the weekend this doesn't happen. And after you began using our bathroom since our other roommate kicked you out of hers/yours the toilet clogged with the most massive wad of toilet paper I'd ever seen in a clog I've plunged out. Seriously, why are you so dumb?

the least you could do is buy toilet paper, but me and Candice are the only ones who have ever bought toilet paper or paper towels for the apartment. I'm going back to the system of not resupplying the bathroom and carrying a roll in with me when I need one. It's an annoying hassle and a complete pain, but buying toilet paper everyweek is expensive.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 am

Believe it or not, but a lot of people aren't reasonable enough to realize how to fold toilet paper to achieve the maximum number of squares-to-wipes ratio. You know what a lot of people do? They wad the paper up. They pull paper off, crunch it in to a ball, use it to wipe, then.. that's it. That's all they get. You get one wipe and after that you have to toss it and do it over. Unbelievable, right?

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:02 am

Dear You,

You can't spare any? Three squares that's all I need!

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Dear You,

I haven't got a square to spare.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 am

Dear You,

It's been two years since you gave me the best birthday present I've ever gotten. (You didn't even know it was my birthday). Thank you.

I will see you soon.

-me
The password is "guilty"

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:58 am

Dear you (text queen) I still think the way you did it and your pulling back was unfair and in a way really mean. I didn't respond very well, true, but I can't always be a bigger person, plus it proves I can be more of a jackass, which is what women actually want, since they crave being treated badly. ;)

Dear you, I wish you were around and we could hang out.

Dear you, woohoo! beach tomorrow.

Dear you, I hope we get to play poker again, good times.

Dear you, please, for the love of god, get better at your job.

Dear you, I was surprised, but I still have positive feelings for you, I thought those had slowly evolved into resentment and loathing, turns out it's more likely they were just transcoded.

Dear me, argh, saturday shift, otoh, yay for extra pay.

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Dear you,

No, I don't need to read Twilight.

-DP
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Dear You,

Sometimes, I just don't get it. Sure we're all stressed about the homework load, and you have a lot demands on your time, but that's no reason to be so callous when you bail on all of our plans. You said you didn't want to lose me. I'll do my part, but staying close is a two-way road. I know, I'm probably being completely insensitive and oblivious to what's going on in your life. But why have you still not realized that if you tell me what's up, I'll understand? I'm too self-concious and paranoid--please don't make me wonder how it's my fault...
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Not Alvin or Calvin

Postby RandomMaker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Dear You,
I think you're an incredibly awesome person and I would like to be your friend. It is unfortunate that I am shy and nervous and awkward around you. I hope that you enjoy my company, because we seem to have good discussions. Would you like to be my friend?
Sincerely,
The Person Posting This

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Dear You,
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:05 am

Dear awesome mod,

<<<

I approve. Another thing in addition to my manly, manly beard to lord over the newbies with.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Wise Goat
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Wise Goat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Dear You,

I hope you're making it through the day okay. *huges* [sic]

Always,
The Wise One

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:37 am

Dear U , NO MORE HOME BREW !! not even never ever... :oops:

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Dear You,

Thank you. =] I know I thank you a lot.. But I mean every single thank you that I give you! Except those few and far between sarcastic ones.. But otherwise, really, you make my life absolutely amazing. I'm thanking you at this moment because I know you're spending time with your little brother, who may be older than me, but still seems like he's a little one, and your friends as well. That's the part of your life that I miss. Your day-to-day interactions with the people you care about and enjoy spending time with. Sometimes, when I call you and they're in the room talking, too, it's so beautiful listening to you interact with your friends, listening to you being extremely silly. And then you include me. You let me talk with them, and make fun of them, and argue with them. And.. thank you for that. One of my greatest fears is that you won't like the way I interact with people other than you. But you let me do that with your friends, and it's just nice to know you like who I am when I'm not just paying attention to you (not that I don't want to just pay attention to you..).

Thank you, also, for your encouragement and support of me throughout my school endeavors, and social challenges, and people problems, and every situation that I go through that causes me stress. You make me much stronger. I have more stamina, and more confidence, because of you. I both hate it and love it when you make me say that I'm pretty. I love it because it feels so good.. and I know you genuinely believe that I am and that you want me to believe the same thing. Confidence is attractive, is what you told me. But, I hate it, too. I hate that I have to compromise the usual veil of modesty I wear to make a better personality for people to like and trust. But I love that in itself. And I love you. For all of the things you do for me and how you trust me and truly care about me. You're beautiful. =]

-human.

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:32 am

Dear you,

Just shut up, SHUT UP! Enough is enough! Take the hint, your roommates hate you, I hate you. I tried to be nice, and we bonded. It's true we did, but I can't take it anymore. I can only be so nice to someone who hides behind cowardice. You cheat, you lie, you steal, you bitch. No wonder you have no friends! Before you try to argue, I've never knew anyone who's bent the rules as much as you. you take all those things to a whole new level. My GPA may not be as high as yours, but I don't cheat on every test to get it. Don't ask about my internships opportunities so you can go at them. You're also in a whole different specialization. And are you kidding me? THINK FOR JUST ONE MINUTE. You can't transfer to BU from EC at junior year. You'll have a s*** ton of gen-eds to complete at BU, and you'd only be STARTING marketing info, while we'll be on our third year at EC. If BU had given you a full ride, which I doubt, you won't be able to get it back. everyone knows that, you can't be that much of an idiot! Yes, you applied, but you'll have to REapply to be a transfer!

And don't lie to us about J. We know you're more than friends. Massachusetts is very much open; both you're roommates come from MA, one's from my town. We could care less if you're lez. Stop hiding and be yourself. It's probably the only decent thing you can do. Do the poor girl a favor, and come out. Every single thing she's done has been for you. Every OOC I've said she answered by hinting her desire for an open relationship. If you ask your roommates and me what you could've done differently, it's to not hide this fact, or at least not hide it as much as you did. hide your rudeness, hide your conniving fat head, but don't hide this, especially since it oozes out of every one of your pores. We didn't even need to find the pictures to know it's true. You're movements with her and the pictures on your desk says it all.

I'm sick of your selfish ass.

~Me

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Dear You,

It would not have killed you to a) forward the request to others or b) put SOME sort of rule about that somewhere on the f****** website.

Hm.

It wouldn't kill ME to forward the request to another.

Still, though. "It's not allowed." According to what rule precisely? I'm seriously quite curious.

Also, I'm seriously quite annoyed. I need participants, damnit.

Grr.

Irritated researcher
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Dear You,
Make up your mind? Please?
~Me
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:22 am

Dear You

I was shaken but not surprised to see you had unfriended me on facebook. You told me that was because we never communicated on facebook. I know that's a lie. facebook was the only way I still even left you messages, since I don't bother texting very often and wasn't in the habit of calling you lately and you've long since stopped using AIM. You then told me your ex, who you got back together with, didn't like seeing messages from me on your wall. I thought, 'wtf? that makes no sense, the last thing I put up there was either a link to a video or a 'welcome back from vacation' thing.' And I never put anything up that would make any sensible person jealous. and then I realized you were just lying to me about facebook, while we were still talking and you were explaining about it I realized you were lying to me. I don't really know if it was just easier to lie to me, or if you were also lying to yourself. I'd like to think you were lying to yourself as well. Here's the truth, as I figure it. You got back with your (emotionally/verbally) abusive boyfriend when you came back from vacation. I suspected you would do that, I'm not even upset that you're sleeping with him again, and had been sleeping with him since before I contacted you last week asking why I wasn't your friend on facebook anymore. You were either ashamed of this, or just embarassed to tell me, so you unfriended me so I wouldn't see stuff on my newsfeed about the two of you together again. There wasn't anything enough between us for you to go unfriending me just because you got back together with an ex, I'm not a facebook stalker, I didn't even discover I was unfriended for who knows how long after you'd done it because it'd been a couple weeks since I'd even logged on.

Thinking about the lies you were spinning about your ex and the reasons for unfriending me made me think about the other things we discussed. I'd sent you something you'd ignored/not responded to for two weeks after you got it. It was of no importance, just a 'hey, look what I can do' sort of thing I thought you'd get a kick out of. But I wondered why, even though we were communicating somewhat regularly at the time why you avoided mentioning it. I brought it up, you brushed it off. No biggie, it mattered, not on an important level, but it mattered more the way you treated it. the presumably lies surrounding that whole situation makes me think you may have gotten back with your ex even back then. Again doesn't surprise me, we didn't have anything romantically going on, I'm only upset you thought it was better to lie to your friend (and then avoid your friend) rather than just admit a simple truth. good grief we were fine friends before you broke up with him, we were fine friends after you broke up with him, why can't we still be friends if you got back together with him? We had really enjoyable conversations and I'm not the type to condemn. I already told you I think it's a bad idea to get back together with a guy that treats you the way he treats you, and that's the end of it, your life, your business.

It sort of makes me glad that we didn't get romantically entangled, which could have easily happened to us, because the skirting of the truth and general uncomfortableness with it is a bit of a red flag for me anyways. It was probably good not to get into a relationship with you though I've desperately wanted to be in a relationship (any relationship) for the last year or so (since I got over my last girlfriend). The frustrating thing, for me, was that I was in a place where loving a woman seemed like it would be an easy thing to do again, for the first time in years. I thought, I could love this girl, even though I wouldn't let myself get any nearer than that to the actual L word, I sensed its possibility in my heart again. And I didn't get to ever explore that, to see through a relationship again that really mattered.

I'm sure I'll get that possibility again, hopefully soon, but I sort of want to wallow a bit in the misery of my bad luck. I let myself fall in love too easily in the past, and there I was setting myself up to do it all over again, the same mistakes again, with you. I didn't, and somehow that feels almost as bad, which doesn't make sense.

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Not Alvin or Calvin

Postby RandomMaker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Dear You,
Yes! Thanks for making my evening! :D
I'll even be ok with it if we don't end up going with that plan. I mean, obviously I'm all for it, but it was nice even to talk to you.
Sincerely,
The Same Person as Usual

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:33 am

Dear you(s)

You make me happy, I really want you here. I'm having such a downer week, I want to live. Help me live

-me
June 2004...Gawd I'm old...

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 am

Dear you,
Me: something something, Calvin & Hobbes
You: I've never really read that so I can't use them something something
Lemme look at that again.
I've never really read that so I can't use them
I've never really read that
never read Calvin & Hobbes
.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:16 am

Dear you,

Recently I had a person ask me "What's Far Side?" When I referred to a "Far-Side-looking baby".

WHAT'S FAR SIDE??!

-another shocked person

ps. but C&H lack of knowledge is much worse.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:38 am

All the Dear Yous I haven't written in the past month due to lack of access to a computer:

Dear You (1),

I'm not one of those K people. You're my favorite.

But you already knew that... ?

Dear You (2),

Thanks for being so awesome. You really have no idea how great you are. Thank you so much.

Oh, and please don't let your family move in the near future. (I'm saying this for completely selfish reasons, of course).

Additionally, if I could hypnotize you in your sleep, I might've. "Do whatever you can to take the more advanced class. Do whatever you can to take the more advanced classsss...". My reasons for that are totally selfish as well. I'm a pretty selfish person in general.

Dear You (3),

The first and last remarks in the previous Dear You hold for you as well. The first, well... let's just say you've more than earned your title. The last... I wish.

Dear You (4),

You don't really belong in this post, but whatever. In January was that day, and I cut the roof of my mouth on some hard candy. That made me think to myself, oh great, now every time I cut the roof of my mouth eating hard candy I'll think about you.

Well, guess what? Last week I cut the roof of my mouth on some hard candy. You didn't even cross my mind. Tee hee.

Edit:

Dear You (5),

Please don't privatize your facebook profile or leave the network. If you do, I will have to friend you, and believe me, neither of us wants that. Either you have no idea who I am (but you will probably have accept my friend request in accordance with the unwritten American Facebook Code of Conduct) and it will be weird, or you know who I am and then it'll obviously be even weirder. So keep up the good work, don't change anything, and thank you for your cooperation.

-me
The password is "guilty"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Dear Yous,
I don't know...it just seems to me like sending a lighter, complete with lighter fluid in it, through a cycle in the dryer seems like a bad idea.

Even if it turns out that I'm unjustifiably upset at your stupidity and carelessness, I'm going to go ahead and put a tally under "God probably exists" thanks to the dryer not blowing up and setting off a monstrous house fire.

-Your sister/roommate

Dear Yous,
I know that was an inappropriate joke but I need to use my texts before the cycle ends or they'll go to waste. Thank you for humoring me. :mrgreen:

-Me/Goose

Dear You,
In all honesty, I don't miss you often but when I do, it's painful in a way. I want to call you but you've missed so much...I've thought about two moments we had that last time I saw you: the one in your quaint little coffee shop and the one on the ferry. I would trade quite a bit to be back in those moments.

-Lea
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 am

Dear G,

In continuation to our conversation sixteen months ago: you know what you did to make me decide that about you? I'll give you the top two key events:

19 December 2007. Key word: mentions.
11 April 2009. Key word: Georgetown.

These may seem insignificant to you, if you remember them at all, but they gave me the confidence to do some things I really needed to do (the same thing in both cases, actually). It's awesome how you help me so much without even realizing it.
The password is "guilty"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Dear you,

Is boredom a legitimate basis for ending a relationship. We've been together for six months, and while there really isn't anything wrong with our relationship, there really isn't anything spectacular about it either. It's dull. Perhaps we can talk about it after the pressure of finals is gone.
The password is "guilty"

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Is boredom a legitimate basis for ending a relationship.
It always makes me sad to hear that.....its on your shoulders to make it interesting, and not just rely on the "butterflies" stage to make it fun. Make some fun plans and go fulfill them with your S.O....who better?

Dear Yous,
I hate feeling ignored.....when I try to talk to you its nice to at least receive some sort of acknowledgement.
~Thomas

Dear You,
I love you as a friend, and have for almost the whole time I know you, but its still to close to the events of last month, I'm still too confused about the implications of it, and too hopeful that she'll share my faith some day to give up just yet. I can't move beyond friendship just yet. And besides, I'm scared that if we do, we'll end up in the same boat I'm in now with her.
I still love you though. But just friends for now. K?
~Thomas
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Dear you,

I know you never thought you would ever get your BA, let alone enter grad school, and I think that it is very awesome that all the same you have done it. That is a huge achievement and you should be proud of it.

But please, please stop talking about how I am so much smarter than you and of COURSE I MUST be doing way better than you in all of these things. You did not expect to pass your BA. I expected to pass my BA, and to pass the Latin exam, and instead I find that I may well fail two classes in what would be my final semester, and that on my third try I still have not passed the Latin exam.

I am not a genius. I am not infinitely smarter than you are. I am just a human being, and a less disciplined one than most, especially you. And every time you remind me that it's assumed that I AM so disciplined and smart and such, it shoves the knife a little deeper. So please, for my sake, please stop.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:43 am

Dear You,

I was going to say I hope you're feeling better, but since you're obviously not I'll just say feel better. Sick days are rarely taken in this place and so the fact you've been off work sick for two days means you must be feeling quite unwell. I guess I'm kind of concerned. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Do feel better.

Me
The password is "guilty"

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 am

Dear Ya'll,

I feel a random need to say I love you, pweb.

-- me
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Return to “Milagre Town Square”